Is anyone here interested in teaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
if so why.

I was at my university orientation today and realized that I can take about 12 extra hours of teaching courses with my degree so just in case if I don’t want to do pre med I can have the opportunity to teach high school and middle school science.

I found out school districts here have like a starting salaries of 45k here. And we also have a shortage of teachers in my state.

I’m actually considering it. I might do some volunteer tutoring later this month to see if I would like it.

@Emily were you trolling or were you dead ass interested in becoming a teacher

As plan C or D it would not be bad. The annul income of teachers is pretty low compared to other careers. Teaching kids is a stressful job. They should increase teachers salaries.

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
I tought high school math for 3 years from 2005 to 2007.

You get long paid holidays unlike any other profession.

Go for it. get the credits its worth it.

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
I would say you should do that cause then you always have a plan B. I’m a primary school teacher myself. You need to love teaching cause it’s not like you’re going to earn a lot.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I would say you should do that cause then you always have a plan B. I’m a primary school teacher myself. You need to love teaching cause it’s not like you’re going to earn a lot.
Primary school? So your teaching little kids?

The only thing that’s bothering me is the fact that I would have to deal with bad ass kids. Especially middle school and high school kids.

if so why.

I was at my university orientation today and realized that I can take about 12 extra hours of teaching courses with my degree so just in case if I don’t want to do pre med I can have the opportunity to teach high school and middle school science.

I found out school districts here have like a starting salaries of 45k here. And we also have a shortage of teachers in my state.

I’m actually considering it. I might do some volunteer tutoring later this month to see if I would like it.

@Emily were you trolling or were you dead ass interested in becoming a teacher

Jeremy

Only 12 hours of a teaching course? Here in Australia, after your complete your Batchelor Degree, you are required to do a Dip-Ed (Diploma of Education), full time for a whole year. Nowadays, most graduates do a Masters Degree in Education to get ahead of the others in the job market.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Jeremy

Only 12 hours of a teaching course? Here in Australia, after your complete your Batchelor Degree, you are required to do a Dip-Ed (Diploma of Education), full time for a whole year. Nowadays, most graduates do a Masters Degree in Education to get ahead of the others in the job market.
It’s an extra 12 hours. Most people just get a bachelors than take teaching courses separately to become certified.

At my uni they implement the 12 hours into my course schedule. It’s new. So I when I graduate I can have a bachelors in biology and teaching certification.

With a bachelors I can only teach high school and middle school

It’s an extra 12 hours. Most people just get a bachelors than take teaching courses separately to become certified.

At my uni they implement the 12 hours into my course schedule. It’s new. So I when I graduate I can have a bachelors in biology and teaching certification.

With a bachelors I can only teach high school and middle school

Jeremy

I understand what you mean. But here regardless if you’ve a PhD in neuroscience or a Batchelor Degree in science or Maths, you have to do an extra 12 months (full time) for a diploma of education if you want to become a teacher. Furthermore, after you pass and graduate your Dip-Ed and start working as a teacher for a year, you are required to sit for a VIT registration test to verify that you’ve met the criteria of a being a teacher.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Jeremy

I understand what you mean. But here regardless if you’ve a PhD in neuroscience or a Batchelor Degree in science or Maths, you have to do an extra 12 months (full time) for a diploma of education if you want to become a teacher. Furthermore, after you pass and graduate your Dip-Ed and start working as a teacher for a year, you are required to sit for a VIT registration test to verify that you’ve met the criteria of a being a teacher.
We have a teacher shortage. I believe that's the reason why they made the route of becoming a teacher shorter

We have a teacher shortage. I believe that's the reason why they made the route of becoming a teacher shorter

Jerome

That’s what I thought. Is the reason the pay conditions, school shootings or the stress of teaching? I know a couple of people (from high school) who left teaching because of the high stress involved. One was bashed by her student. Roughly 40% leave the profession after their 3rd year of teaching.

Last edited:

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
Primary school? So your teaching little kids?

The only thing that’s bothering me is the fact that I would have to deal with bad ass kids. Especially middle school and high school kids.

Yh. Bad behaviour can be challenging, but it’s all about your class management. You just need to figure out what works for you and the kids you’re teaching at that moment. Teaching can be very off putting when you’ve experienced constant bad behaviour. Have seen it happen many times...

I tutored occasionally. Lol Does that count? i can never be a teacher tho. I like explaining things but i get bothered when they use a different method than mine and i hate reading other peoples work.

Plus some kids just arent interested in doing shit and i dont have the patience for that.
I had to tutor for free as well nacala what a waste of my time. Terrible experience. Never again :farole:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I tutored occasionally. Lol Does that count? i can never be a teacher tho. I like explaining things but i get bothered when they use a different method than mine and i hate reading other peoples work.

Plus some kids just arent interested in doing shit and i dont have the patience for that.
I had to tutor for free as well nacala what a waste of my time. Terrible experience. Never again :farole:
This is so true. Back in high school when I switched from regular courses to AP courses I realized the change in the mood. My new classmates were actually interested in learning and thinking about getting into universities. While in the regular classes I took the kids were just there to get a grade and leave. In regular classes kids acted up and causes problems while in AP classes most people are paying attention.

My old school district had high test scores so the district received a shit load of funding to the point they made an entire technical and extracurricular academy. When I attended kids actually took stem courses there that introduced them to different fields and they actually paid attention and took those courses seriously. I ran into my old anatomy professor at work and she told me they now offer EMT certification at the academy and patient care tech certification.

I don't want to teach a biology course while dealing with dudes fucking around in class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending