Is adhd more prevalent in the Somali population?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just read an article about how adhd alleles are more frequent in a nomadic Kenyan population as a way to act as an evolutionary advantage since they would tend to be healthier by taking more risks when hunting. As someone that thinks they might have adhd this is interesting as there could be a genetic component to my erratic thought pattern. Here’s the link : http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2008/06/ariaaltribe.html

Last edited:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Yes, by all means it's forbidden to swear. (reasoning and logic is in the last of the answer).

Why shouldn't people swear?

Because Allah said in Quran:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا يَسْخَرْ قَوْمٌ مِّن قَوْمٍ عَسَىٰ أَن يَكُونُوا خَيْرًا مِّنْهُمْ وَلَا نِسَاءٌ مِّن نِّسَاءٍ عَسَىٰ أَن يَكُنَّ خَيْرًا مِّنْهُنَّ ۖ وَلَا تَلْمِزُوا أَنفُسَكُمْ وَلَا تَنَابَزُوا بِالْأَلْقَابِ ۖ بِئْسَ الِاسْمُ الْفُسُوقُ بَعْدَ الْإِيمَانِ ۚ وَمَن لَّمْ يَتُبْ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ

Sahih International

O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

Surat Al-Ĥujurāt - 11

but if a person swears and no one cares is it still haram to say 'f*** you' for example.

Yes, it's still haraam, regardless of whether he care or doesn't. swearing is not only a matter between two people, it's a bad behaviour that Allah forbade, so we shouldn't do it.

You shouldn't swear a muslim, as the hadith says:

Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, "Reviling a Muslim is Fusuq (disobedience of Allah) and killing him is (tantamount to) disbelief."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

وعن ابن مسعود رضي الله عنه قال‏:‏ قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم‏ "‏سباب المسلم فسوق، وقتاله كفر

‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏

Riyad as-Salihin - 1559.

And you shouldn't swear a non-muslim, or what they worship, as Allah says:

وَلَا تَسُبُّوا الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ فَيَسُبُّوا اللَّهَ عَدْوًا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ زَيَّنَّا لِكُلِّ أُمَّةٍ عَمَلَهُمْ ثُمَّ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِم مَّرْجِعُهُمْ فَيُنَبِّئُهُم بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

Sahih International

And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do.

Surat Al-'An`ām - 108.

Although the translation says "And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah", which means don't swear what non-muslims worship, the Ayah is also understood as "And do not insult those who worship other than Allah", which means don't insult non-muslims themselves, in fact these two understandings are both acceptable, it's a matter of Arabic Language.

Also this story shows that you shouldn't be obscene or say obscene words, and shouldn't insult non-muslims (but, of course, do reply to them politely):

'A'isha reported that some Jews came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and they said: Abu'l-Qasim (the Kunya of the Holy Prophet), as-Sam-u-'Alaikum (Let Boredom be upon you), whereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Wa 'Alaikum. A'isha reported: In response to these words of theirs, I said: But let there be death upon you and disgrace also, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: 'A'isha, do not use harsh words. She said: Did you hear what they said? Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Did I not respond to them when they said that; I said to them: Wa'Alaikum (let it be upon you).

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو كُرَيْبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، عَنْ مُسْلِمٍ، عَنْ مَسْرُوقٍ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتْ أَتَى النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم أُنَاسٌ مِنَ الْيَهُودِ فَقَالُوا السَّامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا أَبَا الْقَاسِمِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ وَعَلَيْكُمْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَتْ عَائِشَةُ قُلْتُ بَلْ عَلَيْكُمُ السَّامُ وَالذَّامُ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ يَا عَائِشَةُ لاَ تَكُونِي فَاحِشَةً ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَقَالَتْ مَا سَمِعْتَ مَا قَالُوا فَقَالَ ‏"‏ أَوَلَيْسَ قَدْ رَدَدْتُ عَلَيْهِمُ الَّذِي قَالُوا قُلْتُ وَعَلَيْكُمْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Sahih Muslim.

Swearing is not an Islamic behavior, nor it's acceptable to be in a muslim:

Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, "A true believer is not involved in taunting, or frequently cursing (others) or in indecency or abusing."

[At-Tirmidhi].

وعن ابن مسعود رضي الله عنه قال‏:‏ قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏:‏ ‏ "‏ليس المؤمن بالطعان، ولا اللعان، ولا الفاحش، ولا البذي‏"‏‏.‏

‏(‏‏(‏رواه الترمذي وقال حديث حسن‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏

Riyad as-Salihin.

And Allah loves polite muslims who have good morals, and rewards them generously:

Abud-Darda (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Nothing will be heavier on the Day of Resurrection in the Scale of the believer than good manners. Allah hates one who utters foul or coarse language."

[At- Tirmidhi].

وعن أبى الدرداء رضي الله عنه‏:‏ أن النبى صلى الله عليه وسلم قال‏:‏ “ما من شئ أثقل في ميزان المؤمن يوم القيامة من حسن الخلق، وإن الله يبغض الفاحش البذي”

رواه الترمذي وقال‏:‏ حديث حسن صحيح‏.‏

Riyad as-Salihin.

So, after these evidences, what is the logic behind forbidding swearing?
  • It's a bad behavior that will greatly harm the community and ruin it, even if the insulted one doesn't have a problem. It's like adultery and homosexuality forbidden, even though both sides want to do that in adultery and homosexuality.

• Good morals are main elements of islam, The Prophet (PBUH) said:
Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I was sent to perfect good character."

وَحَدَّثَنِي عَنْ مَالِكٍ، أَنَّهُ قَدْ بَلَغَهُ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ بُعِثْتُ لأُتَمِّمَ حُسْنَ الأَخْلاَقِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Muwatta Malik.

• Good morals are preferred by all humans, and Muslims should be the best a human can so that non-muslims would be interested in joining Islam when they see Muslims characteristics.
Hope that's convincing.
But he didn't swear at you. :mugshotman:

@Sanweyn14 did that article mention dyslexia being common among nomadic groups by any chance? Or maybe he's not even reading your posts because of his ADHD.:pachah1:

Last edited:
But he didn't swear at you. :mugshotman:

@Sanweyn14 did that article mention dyslexia being common among nomadic groups by any chance? Or maybe he's not even reading your posts because of his ADHD.:pachah1:
Don’t know if incessantly trolling or crazy wahhabi , the two go hand in hand for some reason. If he is a crazy wahhabi then it’s sad because there’s zero critical thinking, just stupidly trying to apply Hadiths in such irreverent ways to everything. Im going to kindly assume that there’s higher IQ individuals on this forum so he’s trolling really well.

I’m pissed off because I came here for serious replies.

I’ve just read an article about how adhd alleles are more frequent in a nomadic Kenyan population as a way to act as an evolutionary advantage since they would tend to be healthier by taking more risks when hunting. As someone that thinks they might have adhd this is interesting as there could be a genetic component to my erratic thought pattern. Here’s the link : http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2008/06/ariaaltribe.html

The Rendille are a small population of about 50,000 people that underwent a severe founder effect and they have admixture from the Samburu.

Whatever applies to them, scientifically, cannot apply to Somalis due to different biological history.

The Rendille are a small population of about 50,000 people that underwent a severe founder effect and they have admixture from the Samburu.

Whatever applies to them, scientifically, cannot apply to Somalis due to different biological history.
A scientific study done on geeljires would be the only way to find out. Similar lifestyles surely would lead to similar evolutionary pathways which is a huge assumption but not a definitely incorrect one.

A scientific study done on geeljires would be the only way to find out. Similar lifestyles surely would lead to similar evolutionary pathways which is a huge assumption but not a definitely incorrect one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founder_effect

Read up on founder effect.

Small new groups are not representative of larger more diverse groups.

Just like how Ashkenazi Jews have high IQ, but other Jews (Mizrahi etc) only have average IQ.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

This could be true. Every race, God created them according to their environment. Maybe the Nomads have attention deficit disorder brain due to the lack of brain taxing activity of just looking at cattles. The arabs are the same too. That's why Somalis and Arabs cannot live in a fast pace society like the west. Their nature is more suited to lazy afternoons of strolls, hot teas, and tents.

Last edited:
This could be true. Every race, God created them according to their environment. Maybe the Nomads have attention deficit disorder brain due to the lack of brain taxing activity of just looking at cattles. The arabs are the same too. That's why Somalis and Arabs cannot live in a fast pace society like the west. Their nature is more suited to lazy afternoons of strolls, hot teas, and tents.
Being a geeljire is hardwork, lol but you're probably joking here. Finding water sources/camp spots and good spots for your cattle to graze in a hostile arid environment coupled with the risk of droughts is fucking hard. I doubt any random successful western banker could survive if dropped of in the Somali desert with cattle and a survival manual to read. A vaguely adhd mind would thrive as its entertained by the stimulating challenge as you're walking the desert trying to survive. On the other hand an adhd mind wouldn't fare as well doing an office banking job. Maybe the sspot crowd has a misconstrued perception of adhd and not taking my post seriously , lol shouldve posted a click bait hyper racial , Stormzy/Idris Elba type shit.

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Being a geeljire is hardwork, lol but you're probably joking here. Finding water sources/camp spots and good spots for your cattle to graze in a hostile arid environment coupled with the risk of droughts is fucking hard. I doubt any random successful western banker could survive if dropped of in the Somali desert with cattle and a survival manual to read. A vaguely adhd mind would thrive as its entertained by the stimulating challenge as you're walking the desert trying to survive. On the other hand an adhd mind wouldn't fare as well doing an office banking job. Maybe the sspot crowd has a misconstrued perception of adhd and not taking my post seriously , lol shouldve posted a click bait hyper racial , Stormzy/Idris Elba type shit.

Yes, Nomads work in harsh environments hence their body is already prepared. Geelgiirl look like Geel. *(Camel) They are skinny like the camels, and they dont dehydrate easily like the weak white people or adoon African Americans who if they dont have a bottle of water in one hour might pass out! But the Nomad brain is not made for structure, and discipline. Their nature is to wander around. Hence Somalis seeking refugee status all over the world and speaking 9 languages and having 9 lives

sanweyn = big nose, r u somali bantu?
somalians don't catch adhd or aids, we are immune naturally
I fucked up the name, meant to write san dheer. But I'm not going to entertain anything you say because from what you've just said you're erroneous on three different levels. Grade A Nacas, not surprised because thats what this troll haven site produces.

maybe u have adhd, how can you type sanweyn if you meant sandheer? reading adhd articles will not cure ur adhd btw.

maybe u have adhd, how can you type sanweyn if you meant sandheer? reading adhd articles will not cure ur adhd btw.
why are you obsessed with somali bantus, such a cuck beta male. Even if I did have a san weyn pussies like you that take solace on forums wouldnt say shit.

1) its somali not somalians
2) you're a blatant troll but I'll play at your game today, of course somalis can be diagnosed with adhd and aids. Maybe your mj mother has the later
3) I'm comfortable enough to admit prior to joining this site I had a poor grasp on the Somali language, I was blissfully unaware so many virgin pussy nerds get irate at san weyn.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
sanweyn = big nose, r u somali bantu?
somalians don't catch adhd or aids, we are immune naturally

jamaal9 excuse me??? Aids doesnt discriminate yaa qaxbaah lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending