Is Abstract Reasoning Truly Possible?

Is Abstract Reasoning Possible

• Total voters

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Can logic and reasoning be completely devoid of preset notions and norms?

If not then we're non-autonomous beings moulded and enslaved to think around our experiences
:cosbyhmm:

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Dumb this down for me sxb
Do you think you can think freely without any influence based on bias/past experiences being factored in? It doesn't have to be conscious bias your aware of, it can be deep unconscious bias

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Do you think you can think freely without any influence based on bias/past experiences being factored in? It doesn't have to be conscious bias your aware of, it can be deep unconscious bias
Yes when im high i behave in a biased free completely avoid of any preconception

If someone would be Held in a room without any form of contact with the outside world Do You think we would behave in a normative way i would think this person would be so clueless with social clues and maybe would not even have any form of morals this kinda answers your questions

I remember reading Platons republic and a question which was asked in the bok Comes to mind now is a man virtuos because he wants to be or was born virtuos or is he virtuos because others would deem him better? Of course the last one is true abstract reasoning is not possible What we deem as normative behavior is different between different erhnicitoes all human behavior besides the core primitive animalistoc nature as love or anger is truly derived From shared learning

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
If someone would be Held in a room without any form of contact with the outside world Do You think we would behave in a normative world i would think this person would so clueless with social clues and maybe would not even have any form of morals this kinda answers your questions
Most likely gone insane thereby behaved without biased or preconception as they would have been replaced with some form of mild insanity

Most likely gone insane thereby behaved without biased or preconception as they would have been replaced with some form of mild insanity
In some cases even the motor skills are non functioning due to being held in chair and bound, Even some psychical aspects are learned not is just given if a todler only sits around they wont ever be able to walk

If someone would be Held in a room without any form of contact with the outside world Do You think we would behave in a normative way i would think this person would be so clueless with social clues and maybe would not even have any form of morals this kinda answers your questions
Yeah they're called feral children, they behave like animals

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
everything that we do or think up comes from somewhere so buy that originality isn't really a thing however how we put or imply these ideas is what makes them original thereby making the end result not the components the thing without biased and preconception

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
I believe the point that should be taken from Platos republic is that although u may try to make a society free of biased you will never truly acheive it as all things are built upon a foundation of the knowledge and the preconception of those that came before you. As such you should try to influence. If not control this foundation (after all he who controls perception controls reality ) so that we may create a society that, the works toward the greater good of everybody.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
However i do believe that such a populous and nation would be a stoic one (not android like ) but. one where people express their joy in a different way. A way thats based on enjoying what u do whatever that might be a inner joy if u wanna call it. But such a people would need to be centert and always seek to raise above, unnecessary emotional outburst as that won't get anything solved.