• 7 to 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10+ or more

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP

:gucciwhat: this is probably how somali sounds to ajnabis lmfao i understood a lot of words like hadla or speak sax or sah which means correct

:childplease:lets see what you guys can do

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

:gucciwhat: this is probably how somali sounds to ajnabis lmfao i understood a lot of words like hadla or speak sax or sah which means correct

:childplease:lets see what you guys can do

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I heard Makula Hadla, Fariin dhirmu and the others you mentioned. Fariin is the same in Somali and Dhirmu is derived from dhiray or sending. They have the Somali Cayn aswell that doesnt exist in Oromo.Also I heard Laakin,Barasho

We have to restore the Southern Cushites look and language make them a brotherly nation. Feel bad for them :wow:

Apollo

VIP
The linguistic split between South Cushitic languages and Somali is on the same level as between English and Farsi. You should not even expect to understand it. Linguistic categories and similarities is only really something linguists can spot, not regular people.

PS. The way she is speaking, it sounds like she is a struggling second language speaker. Maybe her real first language is Swahili and she actually has an accent in Iraqw. So we might not be even getting a good audio example of Iraqw here.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
I heard Makula Hadla, Fariin dhirmu and the others you mentioned. Fariin is the same in Somali and Dhirmu is derived from dhiray or sending. They have the Somali Cayn aswell that doesnt exist in Oromo.Also I heard Laakin,Barasho

We have to restore the Southern Cushites look and language make them a brotherly nation. Feel bad for them :wow:
damm bro you got more words then me maybe its because you know a lot more somali i think anyhow sahib you got a point about dhirmo it does sound like dhiray or sending that one i got

Last edited:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Not really, if you focus on it. But she has a Swahili accent. In other videos she says her first language is Swahili.
the language sounds a lot like other afro asiatic languages like arabic amharic and somali beocouse of the use of vowels like the cayn etc swahili to me is typical of other african bantu languages

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
just listend to it again i got more words like yacni lakin kidaba same as somali khidaba which means after she keeps saying qidaba after every sentence am pretty sure its khidaba and niciba which might mean nacab or hate

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
The voice actors in the Jesus movie are probably real 1st language Iraqw speakers:

Sounds less Swahili there.

One thing I noticed that is distinctive of their pronunciation is that reoccuring sshhh sound.

Trending

Latest posts