Iranians

I find it interesting that as you go up, most of the Muslim countries and it’s people aren’t really that religious or religion doesn’t play huge part, you name it Iranians, Turks, Albanians and Bosnia’s, with the exception of Chechens. Why is that doe? I get that Communism and Secularism played a huge part but however look at Somalia, we had communism and look at us, even Iran they had a secular monarchy but they chose religion. Most Iranians I’ve met aren’t really that religious. Which shocked me because it’s completely different to life back home in Iran.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP

I find it interesting that as you go up, most of the Muslim countries and it’s people aren’t really that religious or religion doesn’t play huge part, you name it Iranians, Turks, Albanians and Bosnia’s, with the exception of Chechens. Why is that doe? I get that Communism and Secularism played a huge part but however look at Somalia, we had communism and look at us, even Iran they had a secular monarchy but they chose religion. Most Iranians I’ve met aren’t really that religious. Which shocked me because it’s completely different to life back home in Iran.

Iranians back home aren't that religious either. Urbanization is the key difference.

Apollo

VIP

Iranians who live in the West tend to be the liberals or secularists who fled the theocracy. So they are not that representative of Iranians at large.

For Turks in the West*, ironically the opposite is the case. They tend to come more from rural and traditionalist areas where Islam is stronger while many of the urban Turks in places like Istanbul and Izmir are liberals.

*For Turks in depends, what I said above mostly applies to the Turkish diaspora in Western Europe. In the states apparently more liberalized Turks move there.

Iranians who live in the West tend to be the liberals or secularists who fled the theocracy. So they are not that representative of Iranians at large.

For Turks in the West*, ironically the opposite is the case. They tend to come more from rural and traditionalist areas where Islam is stronger while many of the urban Turks in places like Istanbul and Izmir are liberals.

*For Turks in depends, what I said above mostly applies to the Turkish diaspora in Western Europe. In the states apparently more liberalized Turks move there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bro Bosnians are actively trying to become more religious

Albanians had a extreme atheist Leander who hated islam and basically destroyed all Islamic knowledge, while Albanians in Kosovo are much more religious

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Iranians value education like crazy and are smart as hell. Very hard working and focused ppl in my opinion.

Btw some clarification I truly don’t Know what their religious beliefs are, they could be zoroastrian, Jewish, Christian or even atheist. There use to be this Zoroastrian girl that went to my school, so that’s how I’m aware of Iran’s religious diversity. As well as there’s also Sunni Iranians and from what I’ve heard they get treated better than the Shia in Saudi Arabia.

Trending

Latest posts