IQ and the Job Market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gives you no hope for increasing your IQ. How about learn a new language, code, read a book, listen to podcasts, or go back to school for a different discipline to improve your crystallized knowledge. If you want to improve your fluid intelligence- i.e your capacity to problem solve, use logic and think in novel and creative ways you should meditate. Also, consider increasing your fat (Omega-3s) and protein intake while lowering your carbohydrate consumption (especially refined sugars and processed grains). Intense cardiovascular activity (i.e. running, skipping rope and rebounding) will oxygenate your brain. It clears the mind. Physical activity helps with neurogenesis - the growth of new brain cells.

Great post.

Read about Neuroplasticity, there have been many great books written about it in recent years.

@Yonis get on it, you desperately need to rewire your brain.

You stupid motherfuckers really think that the Europeans have devised a method for measuring intelligence.

Then there's the nonsense of uploading the conscious brain to a cloud-server :mjlol:.

The same people who don't even understand why atoms behave they way they do, have sold themselves as gods.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Read about Neuroplasticity, there have been many great books written about it in recent years.

@Yonis get on it, you desperately need to rewire your brain.

I've read about Neuroplasticity.

Cortical remapping of the brain is more extensive in early development , your general intelligence stabilises later on in your life. We kinda already knew that.

I've read about Neuroplasticity.

Cortical remapping of the brain is more extensive in early development , your general intelligence stabilises later on in your life. We kinda already knew that.

Of course it is most extensive in the formative years, the difference here is it doesn't end there. You're saying you already knew that while you've been preaching the exact opposite on here for months.
I sent you a case about a woman who reversed her own extreme learning disabilities by understanding neuroplasticity yet you're on here telling people that IQ is the be all end all and you regularly talk about exterminating the 'low IQ' people (very ironic).
Anyway read about it for real, keep up with the times and the research, and spare us your awkward IQ rants.

The Brain That Changes Itself - Norman Doidge

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Of course it is most extensive in the formative years, the difference here is it doesn't end there. You're saying you already knew that while you've been preaching the exact opposite on here for months.
I sent you a case about a woman who reversed her own extreme learning disabilities by understanding neuroplasticity yet you're on here telling people that IQ is the be all end all and you regularly talk about exterminating the 'low IQ' people (very ironic).
Anyway read about it for real, keep up with the times and the research, and spare us your awkward IQ rants.

I never said that stop putting words in my mouth. I simply stated that IQ is highly predictive of social outcomes, which is a fact. You're not gonna find people with IQ of 75 rewiring their brains and suddenly winning nobel prizes, are you. IQ is estimated to be 50 -70% influenced by your genetic makeup.

Lol you're acting like neuroplasticity somehow refutes the argument of the heritability of IQ.

"I sent you a case about a woman who reversed her own extreme learning disabilities by understanding neuroplasticity"

And? do you not know how science works, its based on empiracism, one woman cannot be the basis to make such a sweeping generalisation.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Jordan Peterson
:drakelaugh:

This guy disses Islam and has worked with Ayaan Hersi Ali
:pacspit:
Usually when people don't have actual arguments to refute people, they turn to add hominem attacks.

"he disses islam"

How is this relevant to any of the propositions he's making about IQ?

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP

You also conveniently forgot to tell everyone that different humans have various levels of Neuroplasticity due to their genetics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleability_of_intelligence#Genetic_factors_of_intelligence

This is your stereotypical academic living in his ivory tower far removed from the realities of the job market. There is no "meritocracy" in the job market. In almost all sectors, and that includes the scientific and engineering disciplines, the George W Bushes who just made it by but have the family and business connections always wins out over the genius with all of the credentials but none of the networking and soft skills. That is because for almost all jobs in industry the work output difference between the "best of the best" and "barely competent" is not enough to merit expending resources or even a 5% difference in pay. The only notable exceptions to this being professional athletics, the entertainment industry, and academia to a lesser extent.

In short, go ask those mathematicians and physicists about how the job market is treating them. They almost always do worse off financially in the long-run than the so-called lower IQ nurses.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
This is your stereotypical academic living in his ivory tower far removed from the realities of the job market. There is no "meritocracy" in the job market. In almost all sectors, and that includes the scientific and engineering disciplines, the George W Bushes who just made it by but have the family and business connections always wins out over the genius with all of the credentials but none of the networking and soft skills. That is because for almost all jobs in industry the work output difference between the "best of the best" and "barely competent" is not enough to merit expending resources or even a 5% difference in pay. The only notable exceptions to this being professional athletics, the entertainment industry, and academia to a lesser extent.

In short, go ask those mathematicians and physicists about how the job market is treating them. They almost always do worse off financially in the long-run than the so-called lower IQ nurses.

Highest paying majors in America:

• Electrical and computer engineering.
  • Nuclear engineering.
  • Computer engineering.
  • Chemical engineering.
  • Mining engineering.
  • Computer science and engineering.
  • Physician assistant studies.
  • Petroleum engineering.
All intellectually demanding fields that require above average IQ

I never said that stop putting words in my mouth. I simply stated that IQ is highly predictive of social outcomes, which is a fact. You're not gonna find people with IQ of 75 rewiring their brains and suddenly winning nobel prizes, are you. IQ is estimated to be 50 -70% influenced by your genetic makeup.

Lol you're acting like neuroplasticity somehow refutes the argument of the heritability of IQ.

"I sent you a case about a woman who reversed her own extreme learning disabilities by understanding neuroplasticity"

And? do you not know how science works, its based on empiracism, one woman cannot be the basis to make such a sweeping generalisation.

You've never said you'd support extermination or sterilization of people with low IQ in Somalia? lol okay. You brought up a lot of things I never mentioned at all. You like to talk about IQ in relation to RACE, and follow it up with talk about sterilization of whole groups, you speak about intelligence as if it is fixed, as in cannot be changed. I didn't say anything about the heritiability of IQ, I spoke about it not being fixed, I have mentioned the Flynn Effect before as an example and here I gave you Neuroplasticity as another one.

You say you've read about Neuroplasticity, and then go on to say there is only one example (the one I gave you) lol? What did you read? I just gave you quick example, it doesn't mean its the only one...You clearly like to argue for the sake of it, I'm not interested. Again, actually go and learn about it.

Highest paying majors in America:

• Electrical and computer engineering.
  • Nuclear engineering.
  • Computer engineering.
  • Chemical engineering.
  • Mining engineering.
  • Computer science and engineering.
  • Physician assistant studies.
  • Petroleum engineering.
All intellectually demanding fields that require above average IQ

I can tell from this post you're either a first year engineering student who has no idea about the realities of the engineering job market, or have no idea whatsoever an actual engineer does on the day-to-day...:pachah1:

In reality, nursing/medicine, finance/business, and IT shits on engineering in the long run, from the financial and job security perspectives, and engineering is largely a dying field in the west. The unfortunate reality that many companies have been exploiting is you don't need an MIT autist to do most engineering jobs and you can import people from the third world to do the same work for pennies on the dollar. It got so bad Trump actually had to make "reforms" to the H1B visa structure to try and block corporations from engaging in this. :liberaltears:

You also conveniently forgot to tell everyone that different humans have various levels of Neuroplasticity due to their genetics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleability_of_intelligence#Genetic_factors_of_intelligence

I didn't conveniently forget anything, Ive never read about this. Although I'm sure you just did a quick google search to scramble for something in order to continue arguing, I will actually read about it and get back to you.

*btw it still doesn't help your argument.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
You've never said you'd support extermination or sterilization of people with low IQ in Somalia? lol okay. You brought up a lot of things I never mentioned at all. You like to talk about IQ in relation to RACE, and follow it up with talk about sterilization of whole groups, you speak about intelligence as if it is fixed, as in cannot be changed. I didn't say anything about the heritiability of IQ, I spoke about it not being fixed, I have mentioned the Flynn Effect before as an example and here I gave you Neuroplasticity as another one.

You say you've read about Neuroplasticity, and then go on to say there is only one example (the one I gave you) lol? What did you read? I just gave you quick example, it doesn't mean its the only one...You clearly like to argue for the sake of it, I'm not interested. Again, actually go and learn about it.

You brought up a lot of things I never mentioned at all. You like to talk about IQ in relation to RACE, and follow it up with talk about sterilization of whole groups, you speak about intelligence as if it is fixed as in cannot be changed, I didn't say anything about the heritiability of IQ, I spoke about it not being fixed, I have mentioned the Flynn Effect before as an example and here I gave you Neuroplasticity as another one.

More lies as per usual, firstly i never said IQ is fixed, i simply point to the high correlation between your genetic composition and general intelligence, which is proven to be different across phenotypically distinct groups of humans around the world. Whenever i bring up the bell curve and the substantial scientific evidence to backup how there are different bell curves for different races you immediately dismiss it. I've not seen you actually read about the tangible evidence for the discrepancy of IQ performance among different races, because it shatters your world view, which is why you cling onto concepts like the Flynn Effect even though it has done nothing to narrow the black and white IQ gab. Also i never said IQ cannot be changed, another clear lie, how many times have i mentioned the importance of nutrients is to your general intelligence and the importance of consuming the Omega 3 oils to boost IQ, but of course this is not very convenient to take into consideration for you, because your entire outlook is based upon how you can make people like me who bring up controversial facts, too look like a bad guy. Your contention is about the lack to rigidity in IQ so of course you're going to talk about the heritability of IQ since that is what you're supposed to refute if you actually knew what you're talking about. (Genetic factors also influence extent of neuroplasticity)

"I spoke about it not being fixed, I have mentioned the Flynn Effect before as an example and here I gave you Neuroplasticity as another one."

No shit sherlock, When did i say that IQ is fixed???? for IQ to be fixed it implies 100% heritiability which is a statement i have never made before, not even the hardcore scientists on this side of the argument have said IQ is fixed, thats just a straw man argument.

You say you've read about Neuroplasticity, and then go on to say there is only one example (the one I gave you) lol? What did you read? I just gave you quick example, it doesn't mean its the only one.

upload_2017-8-31_7-5-35.png

Need i say more. Different humans have varying levels of neuroplasticity and this difference is explained "due to their genetic makeup", how are you gonna use neuroplasticity to argue against the rigidity of IQ when extent of neuroplasticity is also different for different people? The same factor that influences your general intelligence is also the same factor that governs your levels of neuroplasticity, it's is not uniform across populations around the world.

Also this

"Structurally, genetic influences explain 77โ€“88% of the variance in the thickness of the mid-sagittal area of the corpus callosum, the volume of the caudate nucleus, and the volumes of the parietal and temporal lobes"

The Caudate nucleus is part of is one of the structures that make up the dorsal striatum, and essential part of the brain thats in charge of many cognitive functions such a learning. more or less influenced by your genetics, 77-88% of the variance is explained by your genetic composition

Last edited:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
I didn't conveniently forget anything, Ive never read about this. Although I'm sure you just did a quick google search to scramble for something in order to continue arguing, I will actually read about it and get back to you.

*btw it still doesn't help your argument.
"I've never actually read about x but im sure you just did a quick google checkup to find something to refute it "

Great argument.

"i will actually read about it and get back to you"

Translation

"I have no real argument to use since what i'm using to discredit genetics and IQ is something i have not even read about in the first place"

Thanks for making it clear to us that you have no idea what you're talking about :qri8gs7:

You brought up a lot of things I never mentioned at all. You like to talk about IQ in relation to RACE, and follow it up with talk about sterilization of whole groups, you speak about intelligence as if it is fixed as in cannot be changed, I didn't say anything about the heritiability of IQ, I spoke about it not being fixed, I have mentioned the Flynn Effect before as an example and here I gave you Neuroplasticity as another one.

More lies as per usual, firstly i never said IQ is fixed, i simply point to the high correlation between your genetic composition and general intelligence, which is proven to be different across phenotypically distinct groups of humans around the world. Whenever i bring up the bell curve and the substantial scientific evidence to backup how there are different bell curves for different races you immediately dismiss it. I've not seen you actually read about the tangible evidence for the discrepancy of IQ performance among different races, because it shatters your world view, which is why you cling onto concepts like the Flynn Effect even though it has done nothing to narrow the black and white IQ gab. Also i never said IQ cannot be changed, another clear lie, how many times have i mentioned the importance of nutrients is to your general intelligence and the importance of consuming the Omega 3 oils to boost IQ, but of course this is not very convenient to take into consideration for you, because your entire outlook is based upon how you can make people like me who bring up controversial facts, too look like a bad guy. Your contention is about the lack to rigidity in IQ so of course you're going to talk about the heritability of IQ since that is what you're supposed to refute if you actually knew what you're talking about. (Genetic factors also influence extent of neuroplasticity)

"I spoke about it not being fixed, I have mentioned the Flynn Effect before as an example and here I gave you Neuroplasticity as another one."

No shit sherlock, When did i say that IQ is fixed???? for IQ to be fixed it implies 100% heritiability which is a statement i have never made before, not even the hardcore scientists on this side of the argument have said IQ is fixed, thats just a straw man argument.

You say you've read about Neuroplasticity, and then go on to say there is only one example (the one I gave you) lol? What did you read? I just gave you quick example, it doesn't mean its the only one.

View attachment 28657

Need i say more. Different humans have varying levels of neuroplasticity and this difference is explained "due to their genetic makeup", how are you gonna use neuroplasticity to argue against the rigidity of IQ when neuroplasticity is also on a bell curve? The same factor that influences your general intelligence is also the same factor that governs your levels of neuroplasticity, neuroplasticity is not uniform across populations around the world.

This is what makes me question your IQ. You literally sat there and wrote out an essay throwing in ten dollar words refuting an argument I never made. You know nothing about my world view, so don't flatter yourself. I dismissed those things bc thats not what I had a contention with, if you spent more energy trying to understand an argument and not running to wikipedia to construct essays to refute it, you would understand that, but ofc you need something to go on about to make yourself feel better.

When you speak about IQ in relation to race, and then talk about sterilizing and exterminating people (Somalis) in relation to that, it implies you believe it is FIXED. Its cute you bring up the importance of nutrients here in this thread today, but in the past you spoke about exterminating/sterilizing whole groups of people. People who are poor, destitute and have lived through a long civil war. Instead of arguing to improve their quality of life and education (which is virtually non existent for the majority) you log on here every other day and create threads about killing them or not allowing them to have children.

To put it simply, since you have trouble comprehending what I'm actually taking issue with, the implication of your ideas on how to deal with 'low IQ' people, is that you believe it is fixed, and that is my issue.

Get off wikipedia and go read the book, goodnight.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
This is what makes me question your IQ. You literally sat there and wrote out an essay throwing in ten dollar words refuting an argument I never made. You know nothing about my world view, so don't flatter yourself. I dismissed those things bc thats not what I had a contention with, if you spent more energy trying to understand an argument and not running to wikipedia to construct essays to refute it, you would understand that, but ofc you need something to go on about to make yourself feel better.

When you speak about IQ in relation to race, and then talk about sterilizing and exterminating people (Somalis) in relation to that, it implies you believe it is FIXED. Its cute you bring up the importance of nutrients here in this thread today, but in the past you spoke about exterminating/sterilizing whole groups of people. People who are poor, destitute and have lived through a long civil war. Instead of arguing to improve their quality of life and education (which is virtually non existent for the majority) you log on here every other day and create threads about killing them or not allowing them to have children.

To put it simply, since you have trouble comprehending what I'm actually taking issue with, the implication of your ideas on how to deal with 'low IQ' people, is that you believe it is fixed, and that is my issue.

Get off wikipedia and go read the book, goodnight.

Since you're having such a hard time understanding my point, let me make it easy for you

1. I do not believe IQ to be fixed, even for the "low IQ" people, the correlation between their innate intelligence and their genetic makeup is such that no amount of nutrients and good health for people with IQs lower than 80 is enough to improve their lives sufficiently enough to become productive members of society.

2. I believe Sterilising people with IQs lower than 80 is a good idea for maintaining social cohesion and a functional society and country, whether or not you think this makes me a bad guy, i really don't care. The consequences of low IQ people spreading their genes onto the next generation is catastrophic. Black south africans have the best living standards of all african populations in Africa, and they have the highest rates of murder per capita in the world, highest incidents of reported rapes in the world and this is still true despite them being materially better off than their fellow africans, and in this example sterilisation program would improve all facets of life in South Africa. This is the potential consequences of allowing the lowest people in the genetic pecking order to breed at the same rate as smarter people and this is not something i want for Somalia.

This is my personal belief :manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts