Investing in land in Hargeisa/Mogadishu

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Would u do that?
And how expensive is land there?
From what I’m hearing yeah it’s pretty expensive. My mum owns land in both bakaaro and dabka in xamar (a large store in bakaaro and a house in dhabka) and my grandma owns 2 houses in wardheeglay and one in oodweyne big to mention plots of land all over garasbaaley and the outskirts of the city so I can say I know a decent bit. One thing I urge you to do us find the right architects. My mum had her house built by this one guys business cuz he’s related to my dad somehow and he was relatively cheap. The house he built simply pit was bad and my mum is seriously considering breaking the whole thing down and starting again the only issue is dhabka is a pretty central part of xamar so it’d be extremely expensive. All in all find the right architects but apart from that it is worth it, my mum literally doesn’t even work anymore she lives off the income she gets from rent in her properties and farmers who work her fields

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Pay 1000 for a patch of dry land.

Fly back 10000 miles cause a clown claims your land.

Pay off fake claimant to avoid bloodshed.

Already at a net loss.

3unzgd.jpg

i might invest in some ak47 aswell kkkk
If someone wants to take my land or house, then it will be literally "over my dead body"

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
A lot of people say their lan price has gone up. But I don’t understand why. There is no increasing demand, or shortage of space. Is it increasing purely on speculation?

Good luck investing! I hate qabyalad but defo choose a place your family has connections. It won’t make you immune to corruption but it helps. I had an uncle in SL who was dragged through the mud for land that was his families for generations.
I have an uncle he buyed land in Hargeisa his friend called and said a lady just buyed his land and claiming ownership of it he flies back

He has got all the papers and documents to prove he owns the land but the old man he bought it from have sadly passed away

The woman on the other hand the guy she bought it from hes nowhere to be found cause he gave her a fake name he forged papers took her money and left

Things get heated and he ends up fighting the police he spent some days in jail

When he got out they came to an agreement shes gonna pay him 15k for the land

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I have an uncle he buyed land in Hargeisa his friend called and said a lady just buyed his land and claiming ownership of it he flies back

He has got all the papers and documents to prove he owns the land but the old man he bought it from have sadly passed away

The woman on the other hand the guy she bought it from hes nowhere to be found cause he gave her a fake name he forged papers took her money and left

Things get heated and he ends up fighting the police he spent some days in jail

When he got out they came to an agreement shes gonna pay him 15k for the land

Wow that could have gone left. Alxamdulilah that he even managed to get her to buy him out.

I’ve heard of cases were it’s lead to violence and even deaths. All that over speculation. Zero iimaan.

My advise to anyone buying property back home no matter the region is buy from trusted family members. I'd never buy from a random person or someone that hasn't been properly vetted. I'd also put it in my hooyos name and prefer to buy an empty plot and sell it on once I've made 3x returns.

I have family members in Xamar that made 10x their returns on empty plots. Timing and investing in a strategic location is key.

Mercury

VIP
My advise to anyone buying property back home no matter the region is buy from trusted family members. I'd never buy from a random person or someone that hasn't been properly vetted. I'd also put it in my hooyos name and prefer to buy an empty plot and sell it on once I've made 3x returns.

I have family members in Xamar that made 10x their returns on empty plots. Timing and investing in a strategic location is key.
Great advice Also if you planning on building house back home always go for a company than your own relative I know someone who trusted their relative with building the house

The house started sinking he had to destroy it and rebuild it from the ground up

Mercury

VIP
Wow that could have gone left. Alxamdulilah that he even managed to get her to buy him out.

I’ve heard of cases were it’s lead to violence and even deaths. All that over speculation. Zero iimaan.
Yeah he got really lucky

I think one problem is theres alot of people who are sitting on land for 5,10,20 years waiting on someone who gonna buy their land

they should make a law where you can only own land for a certain amount

Great advice Also if you planning on building house back home always go for a company than your own relative I know someone who trusted their relative with building the house

The house started sinking he had to destroy it and rebuild it from the ground up

I am a very cautious person but I have a family member who's a structural engineer and he's a great man. All the properties he's overlooked for the family have been faultless. If he for whatever reason he isn't able to assist I'd contact his colleagues and people he'd recommend.

But I agree with your point everyone including qarabo need to be vetted. I'm stricter on my family because I want to be able to trust them over outsiders.

Look at all these Somalis discussing gentrification and exponentially increasing housing prices for the less fortunate Somalis.