Introverts so gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
I don't keep books on my person because I see them as friends.

These comics are incredibly offensive to me.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
I don't read books. But I could relate to most of it. Thought I'd share anyways ;P

I relate to most of them. I am getting better though, you just have to start speaking to other people. I used to be pretty bad lol.

Hurts to be shy as a kid. The isolation and loneliness, the misunderstanding from your peers, that you are viewed as hostile even though you keep to yourself because you don't want to raise your voice, that you are the smartest in class and know every answer the teacher asks but can't raise your hand to avoid attention. Imagine you are the only student in class who aced a difficult test and the teacher wants to show you the class, but he himself isn't sure you are the one who wrote the answers LOL. Luckily, being introvert and shy shaped my adult life where I enjoyed all the perks that come with being smart, wise, geeky and that guy who others think can't squat a fly and get a woman even though much to their shock and disappointment, they have to seek advise from that same guy when they found out he had the hottest female in lock.

SenseSays

Years to look forward to
I've always hated the question "what did you do over the weekend?" Like, I did nothing, and that's the best part of my weekend.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
oZ698.gif

Hurts to be shy as a kid. The isolation and loneliness, the misunderstanding from your peers, that you are viewed as hostile even though you keep to yourself because you don't want to raise your voice, that you are the smartest in class and know every answer the teacher asks but can't raise your hand to avoid attention. Imagine you are the only student in class who aced a difficult test and the teacher wants to show you the class, but he himself isn't sure you are the one who wrote the answers LOL. Luckily, being introvert and shy shaped my adult life where I enjoyed all the perks that come with being smart, wise, geeky and that guy who others think can't squat a fly and get a woman even though much to their shock and disappointment, they have to seek advise from that same guy when they found out he had the hottest female in lock.

I feel you :friendhug:Thanks for sharing this. I was smiling reading it whilst sipping my shaah.

Reminds me of my school time too. Hurts to be the shy teen who never went to school back home and spoke no English. I had to work my ass off. I said to myself listen girl 'well executed' is better than.. well.. an 'excuse'... In the end people who were making fun of me were copying my notes :francis:Yaab... but I also learnt to enjoy my own company.. define my own path in life... and celebrate my existence by exploring my potentials (physically, mentally, emotionally)

My aim is to be free spirited woman.. I think I'm almost there!

Shaah, it all worked out for you in the end as it did for me. Enjoying your own company and defining your own path are good personal characteristics. I guess I won't see you being a crowd pleaser and group thinker. I am guessing you don't have many friends either by choice and the few you have value your reserved personality who is only open to them on a need basis. Or may be you are now popular and have many friends. I wouldn't know. For me, I kept my loner personality in tact and though I have many people on my phone as friends, I hardly call anyone. They can call if they have a need for something, but I would not etc. Books, Movies, debates(usually others come looking for some serious beat down from me), social issues, gaming, soccer and American football watching when my team is doing good are what I do for passing time. I am happy how my life turned out and thanks to God for all the successes and to my parents who departed their genes in me and their wisdom in how they raised me.

Shaah, it all worked out for you in the end as it did for me. Enjoying your own company and defining your own path are good personal characteristics. I guess I won't see you being a crowd pleaser and group thinker. I am guessing you don't have many friends either by choice and the few you have value your reserved personality who is only open to them on a need basis. Or may be you are now popular and have many friends. I wouldn't know. For me, I kept my loner personality in tact and though I have many people on my phone as friends, I hardly call anyone. They can call if they have a need for something, but I would not etc. Books, Movies, debates(usually others come looking for some serious beat down from me), social issues, gaming, soccer and American football watching when my team is doing good are what I do for passing time. I am happy how my life turned out and thanks to God for all the successes and to my parents who departed their genes in me and their wisdom in how they raised me.

I have few close friends who always drag me out. I really really really appreciate them. The funny thing is I love people. I love talking to people. But I feel like I can't interact with them. I'm too odd and so is hard to find something we can relate. Loool I don't even know how to hold a conversation. Sometimes I think people's tongue have invisible hands that can hold conversation for as long as they want :ftw9nwa: I thought mine just needs to do some weight lifts but I wonder if my tongue has any arms .

Same. There are some people who I really wana message simply because I like their character. But I feel like I'm annoying them if I message them randomly. Like I need a reason to message them etc

I'm happy for you too :)

I have few close friends who always drag me out. I really really really appreciate them. The funny thing is I love people. I love talking to people. But I feel like I can't interact with them. I'm too odd and so is hard to find something we can relate. Loool I don't even know how to hold a conversation. Sometimes I think people's tongue have invisible hands that can hold conversation for as long as they want :ftw9nwa: I thought mine just needs to do some weight lifts but I wonder if my tongue has any arms .

Same. There are some people who I really wana message simply because I like their character. But I feel like I'm annoying them if I message them randomly. Like I need a reason to message them etc

I'm happy for you too :)

You come across as cool and fun to be with. Do you see yourself as somewhat shy person? I personally think Shy females are very attractive personalities. To open them up and get them beyond the initial awkward moments before they settle into their comfort zone leads to a rewarding convo almost always :) I should be personal coach and prepare these females for their social life lol.

Here is a trick for you to get over your anxiety over finding a topic of interest between you and your target audience/friend, See them as less smart and that you are there to enlighten them, that they are lucky to hear your voice and to get a minute of your time. This advise may sound bad but it is how one can generate confidence to get over anxiety and worries about offending their friends or disappointing them. It could be just be unwarranted fear that comes from being too considerate and that a person doesn't want to offend people even though in reality the person might not be offensive but the opposite. You can banish these considerate thoughts that limit your ability to have a conversation by knowing that others should and must value your person and see you as someone they are glad to know. And if you sense that is not how they interact with you, then they should not have a minute of your time.

You sound sexy to me to be honest. I am sure others who see you in real life must feel the same way about you. They are lucky to have you as a friend. Also, brilliant people who made substantial contribution to mankind were almost always eccentric and odd. Some didn't comb their hair(Einstein) , and am not recommending looking shaggy, but just to make a point that we can be odd and the best at the same time. It always depends who is judging us and we should not care too much about what people say or think about us as long as we are not doing something harmful to ourselves, and to others in terms of behavior.

Nice to meet you in public cutie-pie ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending