Intra-African enmity

Western association with what is 'African" as someone of clear Niger-Congo genetic origins, anything else is seen as mixed or not really African, simply stuff really

Western association with what is 'African" as someone of clear Niger-Congo genetic origins, anything else is seen as mixed or not really African, simply stuff really
Funny how the Berber term "African" went from describing a People that looked like this in Antiquity:
MASSINISSA.jpg

Real-Madrid-news-Zinedine-Zidane-Barcelona-1351307.jpg

to now mostly being associated with a people that look like this:
goodluck-nigeria.jpg

I agree. When it comes to the Horn + Sudan a lot of people recognize the differences when it comes to culture. I've met some who believe that its is not "true African culture" I have also seen a push from certain crowds for Horn Africans to adopt cultural dress and other aspects from other black africans.
That's exactly what's happening the West, especially amongst the youth. In a couple generations, Horners will simply enlarge the Western Black community as they adopt Western Black culture that's rooted in Niger-Congo[Afro-Black Caribbean] peoples.

Pan-African Blacks do not regard Habesha-Cushite cultures as truly African because it is rooted in the wider Afro-Asiatic family & have far more in common with North African cultures.

That's exactly what's happening the West, especially amongst the youth. In a couple generations, Horners will simply enlarge the Western Black community as they adopt Western Black culture that's rooted in Niger-Congo[Afro-Black Caribbean] peoples.

Pan-African Blacks do not regard Habesha-Cushite cultures as truly African because it is rooted in the wider Afro-Asiatic family & have far more in common with North African cultures.

Do you see anyway around that or is this just something that's inevitable? Is this something that is also happening on the continent as well?

I saw this German news group go to Kenya with an African woman hosting a conversation on African identity. One woman said that an African identity would become irrelevant as humans continue to globalize. Another woman responded by saying that people would try to hold onto what makes them unique if they are confronted with a globalizing and homogenizing force. I laughed because this is what the people like her ironically want to happen.

I imagine that the best way to tackle this issue in the diaspora would be to continue to bolster our own financial prestige in the west and create our own "towns" like China town or Korea town and essentially maintaining the cultural diversity that already exists while establishing our "Horn African" culture as another face of black Africans. As long as people see and enforce one face of ( quote on quote) "Africaness" they will continue to gravitate to the western black culture and that one face. We should also continue to promote west African and AA cultural exchanges so that they don't see the need to borrow from us and absorb us into their ranks.

If that issue exists within the continent I imagine the solution to be to halt any cultural advancement into the horn. Music and aesthetics (like clothing and art) are proxies that these groups use to suggest further homogenization ( the video I watched mentioned bantu music as a connecting point for pan Africanism. This along with the spread of west african prints being accepted as "african prints"). We should continue to promote our own sounds and aesthetics independent of any foreign influences. I found this Eritrean visual artist that creates these horn African inspired drawings that are cool.

I don't have a problem with working together with other Africans, I just don't like the direction that a lot of them take. Although thankfully there are a lot of level headed ones that come from different regions of the continent that recognize this as well. I'm sorry for the length of this. If you've reached the end of this long comment give yourself a pat on the back

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Europeaness as a unifying political identity took hold largely during the reign of King Charlemagne who was called the Father of Europe & Romans, since he sought to unite all Romans/Europeans. However, the notion of a European identity has existed since Antiquity.
It's a concept that would have never worked had their massacres not reached absurd levels in WW2. There was no unity, their history was just a constant state of wars (with a few gaps of peace) up until the formation of the EU after they fucked every continent on this earth up and decided this one was a bit out of hand.

Brits still dislike other EU country's, Eastern Europeans are hated and country's like Greece and Italy are looked down up on as dead weights. Only time will tell if that bureaucracy bloated union will survive.

Sol

?
Asians have literally genocided each other they just pretend to be cordial on the surface but the level of hatred they have for one another is nothing like Africans.

I have never seen this level of hatred between peoples[races] that share a Continent than within Africans. Whereas, Asians from different regions are largely cordial with one another and respect each other as Neighbours within their Continent; you would almost never see East Asians, South Asians & Middle-Easterners/West Asians at logger heads over who's "more Asian" or indigenous.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:drakelaugh::deadpeter:
Lol every nation was involved in slavery, how do you think AAs end up in USA. They were sold by igbos and ashantis.

Do you see anyway around that or is this just something that's inevitable? Is this something that is also happening on the continent as well?

I saw this German news group go to Kenya with an African woman hosting a conversation on African identity. One woman said that an African identity would become irrelevant as humans continue to globalize. Another woman responded by saying that people would try to hold onto what makes them unique if they are confronted with a globalizing and homogenizing force. I laughed because this is what the people like her ironically want to happen.

I imagine that the best way to tackle this issue in the diaspora would be to continue to bolster our own financial prestige in the west and create our own "towns" like China town or Korea town and essentially maintaining the cultural diversity that already exists while establishing our "Horn African" culture as another face of black Africans. As long as people see and enforce one face of ( quote on quote) "Africaness" they will continue to gravitate to the western black culture and that one face. We should also continue to promote west African and AA cultural exchanges so that they don't see the need to borrow from us and absorb us into their ranks.

If that issue exists within the continent I imagine the solution to be to halt any cultural advancement into the horn. Music and aesthetics (like clothing and art) are proxies that these groups use to suggest further homogenization ( the video I watched mentioned bantu music as a connecting point for pan Africanism. This along with the spread of west african prints being accepted as "african prints"). We should continue to promote our own sounds and aesthetics independent of any foreign influences. I found this Eritrean visual artist that creates these horn African inspired drawings that are cool.

I don't have a problem with working together with other Africans, I just don't like the direction that a lot of them take. Although thankfully there are a lot of level headed ones that come from different regions of the continent that recognize this as well. I'm sorry for the length of this. If you've reached the end of this long comment give yourself a pat on the back
The homogenising trend that is affecting Western Somalis is largely absent in Africa, since Somali Expat communities in Zambia, South Africa & other African countries usually live segregated lives from the Host/majority population.

The homogenising trend that is affecting Western Somalis is largely absent in Africa, since Somali Expat communities in Zambia, South Africa & other African countries usually live segregated lives from the Host/majority population.

I don't see it staying that way for long.

Trending