Intra-African enmity

My best guess is this new found African/Wakanda pride that stems from insecurity. Similar to how non-Egyptian people claim Egypt. So Africans argue over who is more African & in the process tend to invalidate North Africans on purpose.
The film 'Wakanda' has for sure fuelled a sense of Black superiority, especially amongst the Youth in the West.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Europeans got this with their ''who is more white thing''. You will sometimes see racist Northern Europeans (especially online) occasionally claiming that Southern Europeans look like Arabs or are not white.

I've seen that in the more extreme circles w/ the distinction and revival of the 'Mediterranid' race. In the wider picture they could never discard them even though IMO I see them as different people and also like the white whiteys more. Their history is the only thing that keeps them on the team

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Sub Saharan African fobs are hard working and always looking for ways to help their people. Their AA counterparts are a disaster. I also like North Africans, especially Libyans

Alluring

Sayonara
The film 'Wakanda' has for sure fuelled a sense of Black superiority, especially amongst the Youth in the West.
Everyone use to bully Africans of all descent but never the ones from the North because they would simply not be seen as African. While black sub-saharan Africans were obviously african and were crucified for it even from AA. Then the wakanda movie came out and now everyone at least has some respect for Africa.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
In the 1800s when there was a lot of Italian immigration to the US they did experience some bias. Lots of documentation of it, there are even specific racial slurs for Italians in English stemming from those times. But nowadays Westerners are obsessed with Islam (in Europe) and Hispanics (in the Americas) and don't care anymore about small racial differences between whites.

Europeaness as a unifyng identity construct emerged during the crusades. It was grounded in Christiandom vs the Orient. A prori it didn't really exist in this way. And its not like they (Euros) were a united front nor saw each other as brethern especially without a collective enemy. Countless wars in Europe would suggest otherwise. When I think of much of Western history I think of Wars and interbellums between wars. :dead:

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
I have never seen this level of hatred between peoples[races] that share a Continent than within Africans. Whereas, Asians from different regions are largely cordial with one another and respect each other as Neighbours within their Continent; you would almost never see East Asians, South Asians & Middle-Easterners/West Asians at logger heads over who's "more Asian" or indigenous.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:drakelaugh::deadpeter:
We probably don't know because they have their own platforms and write in their own script languages. But I know that many east Asian countries dislike Japan but Japan doesn't care.

Europeaness as a unifyng identity construct emerged during the crusades. It was grounded in Christiandom vs the Orient. A prori it didn't really exist in this way. And its not like they (Euros) were a united front nor saw each other as brethern especially without a collective enemy. Countless wars in Europe would suggest otherwise. When I think of much of Western history I think of Wars and interbellums between wars. :dead:
Europeaness as a unifying political identity took hold largely during the reign of King Charlemagne who was called the Father of Europe & Romans, since he sought to unite all Romans/Europeans. However, the notion of a European identity has existed since Antiquity.

Last edited:
I have never seen this level of hatred between peoples[races] that share a Continent than within Africans. Whereas, Asians from different regions are largely cordial with one another and respect each other as Neighbours within their Continent; you would almost never see East Asians, South Asians & Middle-Easterners/West Asians at logger heads over who's "more Asian" or indigenous.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:drakelaugh::deadpeter:
Lol Pan Africanism is a sham

Alluring

Sayonara
Also note that the difference is that Europeans will align themselves against a common enemy like immigrants or muslims even if they hate each other.

Africans can't align together because our biggest enemy is ourselves even while we bs about "Pan-Africanism." I can't remember the specific quote but it was something along the lines that when the oppressed have nothing, they laugh at others who are oppressed instead of lining against their oppressors. You can see it with the Africans who have superiority complexes between one another but wouldn't dare compare themselves to any other continent. They can only laugh at other's people suffering while the mud is being pulled out from under them.

I think this will all go down if we (mostly those living in the west) learn to loosen our definitions of race and Identity and recognize there are different cultural spheres with different origins. Also I'm aware that this map isn't the most accurate.

Attachments

• wq2ikqz.png
    wq2ikqz.png
    285.6 KB · Views: 73
Also note that the difference is that Europeans will align themselves against a common enemy like immigrants or muslims even if they hate each other.

Africans can't align together because our biggest enemy is ourselves even while we bs about "Pan-Africanism." I can't remember the specific quote but it was something along the lines that when the oppressed have nothing, they laugh at others who are oppressed instead of lining against their oppressors. You can see it with the Africans who have superiority complexes between one another but wouldn't dare compare themselves to any other continent. They can only laugh at other's people suffering while the mud is being pulled out from under them.
Pan-European ideals are much more achievable, since the European peoples more or less look the same; inherited a lot from the Greco-Roman traditions & Laws and are largely Christians[although there are some notable exceptions that have significant Muslim populations]. Hence, why unity amongst Euros is more realistic than African or Asian unity.

Africa is the complete opposite of Europe[too many differences], hence why Pan-Africanism could possibly only work in Black Africa. Whereas, the Maghreb/Berber lands & Egypt will do their own thing.

Last edited:
Pan-European ideals are much more achievable, since the European peoples more or less look the same; inherited a lot from the Greco-Roman traditions & Laws and are largely Christians[although there are some notable exceptions that have significant Muslim populations. Hence, why unity amongst Euros is more realistic than African or Asian unity.

Africa is the complete opposite of Europe[too many differences], hence why Pan-Africanism could possibly only work in Black Africa. Whereas, the Maghreb/Berber lands & Egypt will do their own thing.

Pan Africanists recognize this so they seek to homogenize the continent. I would describe the struggle between pan Africans and the oppressor's as Homogenizers vs Colonizers. I could get behind some of the things they preached if they didn't use homogenizing tactics that center around certain groups.

Keo

VIP
Pan-European ideals are much more achievable, since the European peoples more or less look the same; inherited a lot from the Greco-Roman traditions & Laws and are largely Christians[although there are some notable exceptions that have significant Muslim populations]. Hence, why unity amongst Euros is more realistic than African or Asian unity.

Pan Africanism won't work in Horn of Africa and North Africa. In fact, it wouldn't work in any predominantly Muslim African country.

Pan Africanists recognize this so they seek to homogenize the continent. I would describe the struggle between pan Africans and the oppressor's as Homogenizers vs Colonizers. I could get behind some of the things they preached if they didn't use homogenizing tactics that center around certain groups.
The Horn of Africa+Sudan region is in a awkward position when it comes to this dichotomy. The vast majority of Horn Africans look Black, but share zero cultural commonalities with the rest of Black Africa. Hence, why Pan-Africanist want to bridge the cultural gap.

North Africans can easily isolate themselves from the Homogenising tactics because they're a totally different race.

The Horn of Africa+Sudan is in an awkward position when it comes to this dichotomy. The vast majority of Horn Africans look Black, but share zero cultural commonalities with the rest of Black Africa. Hence, why Pan-Africanist want to bridge the cultural gap.

North Africans can easily isolate themselves from the Homogenising tactics because they're a totally different race.

I agree. When it comes to the Horn + Sudan a lot of people recognize the differences when it comes to culture. I've met some who believe that its is not "true African culture" I have also seen a push from certain crowds for Horn Africans to adopt cultural dress and other aspects from other black africans.

Trending

Latest posts