Interview with MBS

Is this is the MBS I've been hearing about?

I mean I guess he is a liberal by Saudi standards..... but he still seems way more conservative than any world leader I'm aware of. What is the point of attacking Saudi?

Imo half the time the people who attack Saudi supposedly to defend true Islam... I think like half the time it turns out they're some sort of liberal.

I think Saudi is becoming more liberal by Saudi standards but I don't think they're turning into Sweden or Canada. For all the rhetoric out there, I think MBS is more conservative than Erdogan. I don't expect MBS to be Umar ibn Al-Khattab. I think Saudi is pretty much the closest to having sharia. They're not at one hundred percent in that department but I think they're closer than pretty much every Muslim country out there. I don't think it makes sense strategically to focus on attacking them unless your aim is to push liberalism. Supposedly, MBS killed a journalist. And he definitely killed some Shia terrorists in Yemen. And civilian casualties happen. In the grand scheme of things, one journalist isn't all that important. I'm not some emotional person.

Anyways, this is the part of the interview where he discusses religion. From what I can tell, by the standards of pretty much any other country, MBS would be a "hardcore Islamist".

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
What's going on with him? I didn't notice this in past interviews but he seems to have developed a strange tick with that chin up thing.

What's going on with him? I didn't notice this in past interviews but he seems to have developed a strange tick with that chin up thing.

I don't know. I wasn't paying attention to his chin.

I do want to clarify- he sounded really good at first but now I've gotten further into the interview and I find his words disturbing. He definitely seems to be undermining the sharia. I feel very uncomfortable about him and not reassured at all. That being said, the Salafi methodology is a set of ideas and the truth of those ideas is independent of whatever the Saudi government is up to. Being Salafi doesn't necessarily mean having any particular stance on the Saudi government.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I don't know. I wasn't paying attention to his chin.

I do want to clarify- he sounded really good at first but now I've gotten further into the interview and I find his words disturbing. He definitely seems to be undermining the sharia. I feel very uncomfortable about him and not reassured at all. That being said, the Salafi methodology is a set of ideas and the truth of those ideas is independent of whatever the Saudi government is up to. Being Salafi doesn't necessarily mean having any particular stance on the Saudi government.

It's hard not to notice, he does it every couple of seconds and it's like he has tourettes syndrome or something. Never seen him do this before so it's odd.

But yeah, I see what you mean like with that adultery bit he's talking about. I'm not an expert on him or Saudi and cannot give any full commentary but from what I gather he is definitely something of a liberalizing force in Saudi. I know people who've gone to places like Jeddah lately and talked about how there are Saudi women just walking around alone and relaxing in cafes and one friend remarked on how one Saudi woman was just chilling in a cafe with her legs on a chair in front of her while wearing jeans under her abaya. There are even new communities like NEOM that will cater to ajanabis like cadaans and will apparently allow alcohol consumption and so forth. They're opening cinemas now too and the old muttawa police no longer have any power. They can just heckle people now but can't make arrests or physically harass people like they used to for violating the sharia. Seems to me like he's basically working toward making Saudi similar to the UAE or at least Qatar. Not Sweden or Norway by any means but a far more liberalized gulf country.

If MBS was the ruler and the Muslims were able- I think it would be justified to overthrow him.

That being said, I still don't think rebellion is the answer. The Arabs are competing in the construction of tall buildings.

I think we are moving closer and closer to the time that Dajjal will emerge. I think it is a lost cause to hope for anything close to an ideal Islamic government right now. I think things on a social level are heading downhill and will continue to get worse. I think Muslims should try to protect their religion. I don't think I would lift a finger for any alleged Islamic revolution right now.

Hue_Man

(Alkebulan mother of mankind)
If MBS was the ruler and the Muslims were able- I think it would be justified to overthrow him.

That being said, I still don't think rebellion is the answer. The Arabs are competing in the construction of tall buildings.

I think we are moving closer and closer to the time that Dajjal will emerge. I think it is a lost cause to hope for anything close to an ideal Islamic government right now. I think things on a social level are heading downhill and will continue to get worse. I think Muslims should try to protect their religion. I don't think I would lift a finger for any alleged Islamic revolution right now.
We are in the end times.
Gog and Magog were released during the time of muhammad

it will get more worse this is only the beginning

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst
VIP
No one should be listening to a guy who bought this crap for $450 million talk about the deen .

1619916119467.jpeg

Trending