Interesting History

Awdalia Rising

SSpot Special Correspondent

Apparently nobody in Italian Somaliland could be considered elite or worthy of self rule
316E5B3B-7686-4305-BEF9-CBE85A40C74D.jpeg

Abdullahi Issa also uneducated , it took couple guys from Somaliland to convince the world Somalis in the Italian colony were worthy of self rule. How ironic :dead:

30 years of failed state status it looks like they were wrong :russ:

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Abdulahi Isse also attended an Italian primary school and Madrassa and finished second grade, the Italians didn't allow Somalis to go beyond primary school education which is why it was rare to find a Somali politicians in that era who completed his primary school.

MSB was an Italian colonial soldier,he had primary education only too, military training and and regular education and schooling are too different things, learn the difference between them neefyahow.
:tocry:

Does this night watchman look educated to you?
:reallymaury:
View attachment 117132

I have covered this on the thread linked below, the Italians are the worst colonizers, they never use to let any Somali go beyomd primary schooling.

This is why most of Somali politicians back then were uneducated and backward was in 1950s.

Abdulahi Isse,Adden Adde and MSB never finished beyond third grade, Abdirishiid Ali Sharmarke was the only politicians who went to a university, he finished his degree at a prestige Sapienza University of Roma in 1957.:denzelnigga:

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...ent-aden-adde-was-high-school-drop-out.85525/

Awdalia Rising

I have covered this on the thread linked below, the Italians are the worst colonizers, they never use to let any Somali go beyomd primary schooling.

This is why most of Somali politicians back then were uneducated and backward was in 1950s.

Abdulahi Isse,Adden Adde and MSB never finished beyond third grade, Abdirishiid Ali Sharmarke was the only politicians who went to a university, he finished his degree at a prestige Sapienza University of Roma in 1957.:denzelnigga:

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...ent-aden-adde-was-high-school-drop-out.85525/

wait is H-block a completely uneducated clan? Their leaders under the Italian colony never made it passed 3rd grade. That means they had from 1960-1991 to get further education which wasn’t long enough. Only certain generations of H block 1960-91 had an education worth mentioning. The rest never made it passed 3rd grade :dead: Even the education now is so shitty in Somalia I can’t even take it serious. Exam answers get sold in the local market like wtf :mjlol:

Complete and utter bullshit. The following ministers in the 1960 cabinet all had University education:

Cali Mohamed Hirave
Cali Maxamaed Ossoble
Maxamed Xaji Ibrahim Cigaal
Axmed Yusuf Ducaleh
Cali Omar Shego
Yusuf Aden Maxamed
Maxamuud Ciise Jama (multiple degrees!)

That is just those in the first cabinet.

Are you aware of the world that exists outside your tribe?

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Complete and utter bullshit. The following ministers in the 1960 cabinet all had University education:

Cali Mohamed Hirave
Cali Maxamaed Ossoble
Maxamed Xaji Ibrahim Cigaal
Axmed Yusuf Ducaleh
Cali Omar Shego
Yusuf Aden Maxamed
Maxamuud Ciise Jama (multiple degrees!)

That is just those in the first cabinet.

Are you aware of the world that exists outside your tribe?

First of all I was talking about Italian Somaliland and not the British Somaliland, Cigaal was the only one I know off with a college degree on that list you posted.

Second Cali Mohamed Osoble became a minister in 1967 under Cigaal and not 1960 so are the rest of the group you listed.:icon lol:

Can you provide any source for your claim? I need to see where and what college they graduated from other wise it never happened!:sass2:

First of all I was talking about Italian Somaliland and not the British Somaliland, Cigaal was the only one I know off with a college degree on that list you posted.

Second Cali Mohamed Osoble became a minister in 1967 under Cigaal and not 1960 so are the rest of the group you listed.:icon lol:

Can you provide any source for your claim? I need to see where and what college they graduated from other wise it never happened!:sass2:

I'm not one of these Somalis that can't admit when they get a detail wrong. Yes, some of the guys I listed were from the second cabinet, not the first.
Let's see if you can admit the same. You claim that the list, apart from Cigaal became minister's in 1967. Hirave was the Minister for Information in Abdirashid Government from 1960-64.

Second don't try to move the goal posts now. Your quote was this:

" This is why most of Somali politicians back then were uneducated and backward was in 1950s.

Abdulahi Isse,Adden Adde and MSB never finished beyond third grade, Abdirishiid Ali Sharmarke was the only politicians who went to a university, he finished his degree at a prestige Sapienza University of Roma in 1957."

You didn't say anything about "Italian Somaliland only". Cigaal fits the bill who you were talking about, a "Somali politician" from back then who got his degree in the 1950's. He was in his early 20's when he got his degree too.

Abdirishiid Ali Sharmarke didn't finish high school until he was 33. He didnt get his degree until he was nearly 40.

Not disrespecting Ina Sharmaarke, who was a good man and a good leader, I'm just checking your bullshit faan aimed at trying to put others down.

@Manafesto @Cigaal Timacadde Somalis didn’t have access to a good education at that time tbh so it’s pretty impressive to be educated at all in that time period. Sharmake however did have an extremely well educated cabinet, Shire Jamac Ahmed from Cabdwaaq was the chief of presidential protocol during sharmakes gov and was well versed and educated. He graduated from Al-Azhar university in Egypt and created the LATIN somali script.
EC876319-E3A2-40B3-96C4-1876AC8A7C9D.jpeg

It was an impressive and inclusive government that had well educated folk mashallah

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Even if this is true, how in the hell did we convince the un to give the italians a mandate to leave somalia. We formed one republic whilst creating a nation without colonial borders. We even fucked the europeans and became pan african. You got to understand that our resistance to colonialism created this situation for us. We couldn't be really ruled by them so they resorted to this bs.

We lobbied the un to liberate other african nations just like us. And we succeeded, if we failed they would praise us. We fucked with their babies Ethiopia and Kenya to the point that the brits had to build an army base in kenya to protect it from our expansionism.

If you still believe the former colonials you are a fool in my books. They just hate the fact that we are muslims and not christians.

If we converted to christianity today all of the support would have come to us. Instead we stilm have to fight their influence. Shit is bonkers. Have patience we need to reconcile and we will become an nation to be feared. We used to ground planes flighing illegally in our airspace and convict them in the capital.

They just hate us at the end of the day. No need for attention fkd on this subject.

Awdalia Rising

Even if this is true, how in the hell did we convince the un to give the italians a mandate to leave somalia. We formed one republic whilst creating a nation without colonial borders. We even fucked the europeans and became pan african. You got to understand that our resistance to colonialism created this situation for us. We couldn't be really ruled by them so they resorted to this bs.

We lobbied the un to liberate other african nations just like us. And we succeeded, if we failed they would praise us. We fucked with their babies Ethiopia and Kenya to the point that the brits had to build an army base in kenya to protect it from our expansionism.

If you still believe the former colonials you are a fool in my books. They just hate the fact that we are muslims and not christians.

If we converted to christianity today all of the support would have come to us. Instead we stilm have to fight their influence. Shit is bonkers. Have patience we need to reconcile and we will become an nation to be feared. We used to ground planes flighing illegally in our airspace and convict them in the capital.

They just hate us at the end of the day. No need for attention fkd on this subject.

You didn’t convince the UN to do that. The British chased the Italians out in the 1940s and then transferred Italian Somaliland into a UN trusteeship. The UN then allowed Italy to still run the place under the UN trusteeship since they had already been there for decades. The UN was always in a position to give a mandate such as that since the Italians continued presence was only with the blessings of the UN. The hard part was getting the UN to allow Somaliland and Italian Somaliland to become countries which probably wouldn’t have happened when it did if not for the efforts of men like Michael Mariano and the other Somaliland guys. Italian colony didn’t like educated Somalis that’s why there was no educated Somali in Italian Somaliland back in 1948 to speak up , so the guys from Somaliland did it for them.

The efforts of those Somalilanders to convince the International community the Italian Somalilanders were worthy of self rule began in 1948. In a time period where over 99% of the population in Italian Somaliland was uneducated they wrote very good speeches for another man the leader of Italian Somaliland under UN Trusteeship to read and look good. This same leader was himself uneducated. The Italians were horrible colonialists it reminds me of American slavery the way they kept you guys uneducated. They lobbied funds without their crucial support and protests against the colonialists nobody knows if Italian Somaliland would have gotten its independence when it did.

These guys weren’t even apart of your country yet they came through and did you guys the biggest favor at the time.

If they could see the situation between Somalia and Somaliland today I doubt they would have advocated for Italian Somaliland back then. They would probably be disgusted with themselves

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
You didn’t convince the UN to do that. The British chased the Italians out in the 1940s and then transferred Italian Somaliland into a UN trusteeship. The UN then allowed Italy to still run the place under the UN trusteeship since they had already been there for decades. The UN was always in a position to give a mandate such as that since the Italians continued presence was only with the blessings of the UN. The hard part was getting the UN to allow Somaliland and Italian Somaliland to become countries which probably wouldn’t have happened when it did if not for the efforts of men like Michael Mariano and the other Somaliland guys. Italian colony didn’t like educated Somalis that’s why there was no educated Somali in Italian Somaliland back in 1948 to speak up , so the guys from Somaliland did it for them.

The efforts of those Somalilanders to convince the International community the Italian Somalilanders were worthy of self rule began in 1948. In a time period where over 99% of the population in Italian Somaliland was uneducated they wrote very good speeches for another man the leader of Italian Somaliland under UN Trusteeship to read and look good. This same leader was himself uneducated. The Italians were horrible colonialists it reminds me of American slavery the way they kept you guys uneducated. They lobbied funds without their crucial support and protests against the colonialists nobody knows if Italian Somaliland would have gotten its independence when it did.

These guys weren’t even apart of your country yet they came through and did you guys the biggest favor at the time.

If they could see the situation between Somalia and Somaliland today I doubt they would have advocated for Italian Somaliland back then. They would probably be disgusted with themselves

I just have one questions for you, how come that we became one of the entities that drove colonialism out of ssa, without any proper education. Just look at our old un representative how he speaks says enough about education

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP

Sxb it seems like you haven't taken an objective review of the clip. General Galaal is a very well spoken orator and said it clearly. When the 4 Power Commission visited in the late 40s, only a select few amongst Somalis - handpicked by Colonials - were educated. Michael Mariano for example was in a British boarding school. There was also the HG politician Edmundo schooled by Italian Catholics. Disclaimer - Mariano grew up a Christian but died Muslim, Edmundo was also Muslim.

The first batch that went to study in Italy was in 1952 including Abdirashid, Siad Barre amongst others. There is a famous picture online you can find on this.

BTW the 4 SYL donors and lawyers he mentioned were respected across the board, they are statesmen. He also mentioned we returned the favour when we gave you our dastuur and flag. It was an Abgaal DOCTOR Maxamuud Sh Gabyow who wrote that with his hand, i've attached the PDF for you :yousmart:

If you listen further on, he mentioned Salaad Gabayre (Abgaal) defended Hargeisa West (Ina Guuxaa) and Doonyaale (HG) brought up the Rear to Tog Wajaale. This was the 1964 War against Ethiopia despite being outnumbered. Odayga wuu ku yara dheeraaday sheekada markuu leeyahay Sarkaalkii Majeerteen baa yiri aynu baxsano kolkii Jen Daa'uud ku raacayo asaga oo nin yaroo xidigle ah oo diiday :icon lol:

HAg played a big role in that war, only a few will recall like @Inquisitive_. Xalane baa kamid aha AUN.

Attachments

• Constitution1960-3.pdf
    204.3 KB · Views: 99

Mckenzie

VIP
It suprises me that Somalia had so many enemies when we were still new. All except Egypt and Sudan refused to support us militarily to defend the state.
Ethiopia and Kenya signed a Defence Pact just to curb us.

20200903_223732.jpg

Galaal also mentioned we still lost NFD despite winning a majority who voted for unity thanks to a Tory British Power. History has shown we can't convince the World through diplomacy nor through war to win our lands back. We must do it from within. Decentralise our neighbours as much as possible and empower the local admins. Maybe in a century we can cash in when the cracks start to show across the whole Continent and Racial identity becomes stronger.

Awdalia Rising

@Mckenzie idc about who go educated in the 1950s this is about the late 40s specifically 48 and who was educated then. Idc about others who got educated after

Abdullahi issa:

“In 1948, he was appointed to the SYL's central committee, and eventually as its Secretary-General.[5]

Issa later went to Paris and New York as an SYL delegate to proclaim the right of the Somali peopleto independence. From 1950 to 1954, he was represented the SYL at the United Nations Trusteeship Council. After being appointed to office as an SYL deputy in the political elections of 1956, he was called in the same year to form Somalia's first government, thus becoming the nation's first Prime Minister.”

This crucial time period where an uneducated man was flying around giving speeches written by Somalilanders about Italian Somalians wanting independence. These Somaliland men were involved before 1948 really the exact date isn’t really known but Abdullahi issa began relying on them in this year

Mckenzie

VIP
@Mckenzie idc about who go educated in the 1950s this is about the late 40s specifically 48 and who was educated then. Idc about others who got educated after

Abdullahi issa:

“In 1948, he was appointed to the SYL's central committee, and eventually as its Secretary-General.[5]

Issa later went to Paris and New York as an SYL delegate to proclaim the right of the Somali peopleto independence. From 1950 to 1954, he was represented the SYL at the United Nations Trusteeship Council. After being appointed to office as an SYL deputy in the political elections of 1956, he was called in the same year to form Somalia's first government, thus becoming the nation's first Prime Minister.”

This crucial time period where an uneducated man was flying around giving speeches written by Somalilanders about Italian Somalians wanting independence. These Somaliland men were involved before 1948 really the exact date isn’t really known but Abdullahi issa began relying on them in this year

@Sabu's post answers your question. The two i named were studying since the 30s and 40s. But yes the North had a small class of educated elite though you were politically behind. Somalis in the South had 10 years of prepping for self rule and governance whilst the first Somaliland Cabinet only took office in May 1960.

I'm not taking anything away from Somaliland, pro Unionist Isaaqs were very influential, @Helios is a pro Union Isaaq :westbrookswag:

D6tfNVoWwAAvXyB.jpg

Screenshot_20200904_010045.jpg

Trending

Latest posts