Interesting find regarding eurasian ancestry in sub saharan africans

it seems like MWI_Fingira_6100BP is the true sub saharan ancestry that makes up all the non-iberomaurusian ancestry in nilotics and the majority in niger-congo populations
After playing with some runs, I found "MWI_Fingira_6100BP" worked as a good crude proxy for SSA -- that includes West-African as well as the Ancient-East-African (Nilotic) component.
Moreover, the sample "MWI_Fingira_2500BP" seemed to correlate nicely as a layer of archaic SSA ancestry (Pygmy/South HG).

MWI_Fingira_6100BP = SSA
MWI_Fingira_2500BP = Arachaic SSA

Using this a basis to tease out deep Eurasian layers, I removed all modern and ancient SSA pops along with modern Saharans while leaving all other G25 pops to see what happens:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Here’s what horners get when using MWI_Fingira as a SSA proxy
57C95470-BDDE-4796-8074-110AE24088E2.jpeg

Results without taforalt

A23B5C42-1781-433B-AE93-DC746CE4738A.jpeg

Well this Fingira doesn't seem like a good proxy if all of them come up as more Eurasian than African (including Somali) and those distances are big.

Well this Fingira doesn't seem like a good proxy if all of them come up as more Eurasian than African (including Somali) and those distances are big.
Fingira represents our SSA ancestry without the Iberomaurusian admixture. The distances are big because ancient samples are being used for this deep breakdown. This is what Sudanese7 (best proto-nilotic proxy for horners) gets
99302433-3141-456C-BCDC-C1F54B613612.jpeg

it seems like MWI_Fingira_6100BP is the true sub saharan ancestry that makes up all the non-iberomaurusian ancestry in nilotics and the majority in niger-congo populations

Interesting but as shown by your models, distances are too high for these Malawi samples to be the true SubSaharan source, more ancient samples from North Africa, the Sahel and West Africa are needed.

Interesting but as shown by your models, distances are too high for these Malawi samples to be the true SubSaharan source, more ancient samples from North Africa, the Sahel and West Africa are needed.
I agree that we need more ancient samples from those regions but the primary reason why distances are high is because this is a deep layer breakdown

Fingira represents our SSA ancestry without the Iberomaurusian admixture. The distances are big because ancient samples are being used for this deep breakdown. This is what Sudanese7 (best proto-nilotic proxy for horners) gets
View attachment 267265
Even if you don't look at the distance, we would be more African than Eurasian no? Because it shows the opposite on the run you did.

I agree that we need more ancient samples from those regions but the primary reason why distances are high is because this is a deep layer breakdown
I don't think so, the distances are high even for an ancient breakdown, with the appropriate ancient samples, it will be different. Distances are lower on European or middle easteners ancient breakdown since they've found more ancient DNA samples. Both Malawis carry a lot of divergent hunter gatherer type of ancestry while Taforalt carries significant eurasian. Having an ANA-like (african component of Taforalt), core Mota(without hg and eurasian admix) or basal West African would help reducing the distances and they could only be found in the regions I mentioned previously.