Interesting comment regarding to somalis I found on reddit

This is the post

And this is the comment

644B4053-3498-443B-B94E-2DD7BE550029.jpeg

So somalis are herding camels in the Sahara?? Could this be possible? I think it can be possible as somali tahriibs could be doing this.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Sxb, I think they are referring to camel herders in the desert in general. Most camel herders in the world live in the desert and are either Bedouin or Somali.

They were just comparing their experience in a Saharan country to camel herding overall.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Algeria is a bit random but neighbours Libya which all somalis try to cross when tahriibing. They might be ex prisoners who escaped their traffickers and trying to make some money to cross to Europe.

Sxb, I think they are referring to camel herders in the desert in general. Most camel herders in the world live in the desert and are either Bedouin or Somali.

They were just comparing their experience in a Saharan country to camel herding overall.

The word hired raised my curiosity. Also the person said he lived in the region and Im assuming he means North Africa. It could be also Egypt or Libya.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Algeria is a bit random but neighbours Libya which all somalis try to cross when tahriibing. They might be ex prisoners who escaped their traffickers and trying to make some money to cross to Europe.

According to a map, I just saw of camel distribution across the world, Libya has no camels.

What makes this map sus tho is that Australia is empty despite having millions of camels.

800px-2003camel.PNG

Also, Somalis that escaped tahriib will not the money to herd camels. Buying a camel is at least $1000 USD and bedouins seldom allow strangers herd their camels for them.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I think this person mistakenly thought that since Somalia is a desert country, it is part of the Sahara desert.

I highly doubt Somalis will be geeljires outside of Somali-inhabited areas. Look at Australia, there are tons of wild camels and next to no Somalis have bothered doing anything about it. Only until recently in Australia have Somalis start to turn their attention to camels but the Arabs dominate the camel livestock industry here.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
According to a map, I just saw of camel distribution across the world, Libya has no camels.

What makes this map sus tho is that Australia is empty despite having millions of camels.

800px-2003camel.PNG

Also, Somalis that escaped tahriib will not the money to herd camels. Buying a camel is at least $1000 USD and bedouins seldom allow strangers herd their camels for them.
So the guy saying he's seen somali hired herders is lying? Mm I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of ajnabis discovered somalis in the last century and think everyone is somali. He's either lying or he's mistaken about their Ethnicity.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
So the guy saying he's seen somali hired herders is lying? Mm I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of ajnabis discovered somalis in the last century and think everyone is somali. He's either lying or he's mistaken about their Ethnicity.

Nah, I think he was just making commentary about camel herding in North&East Africa region.

He probably thought that since Somalia is arid and has camels, that we are part of the Sahara desert. Or he could have just made a general comment about camel herding, as Bedouins and Somalis make up the majority of camel herders in the world.

Thats what I was thinking, somali tahriibs cross the Sahara desert and if some don’t have enough money to pay the ransoms he/she might be forced to work.

Trending

Latest posts