Innovation

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
The prophet(saw) saw performed Taraweeh at home alone. The adaption is that people pray it at mosques in congregration.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
That's what I mean. So it's a innovation praying in congregation at mosques. The prophet prayed witir salah.
No because it happened in his time, he prayed taraweeh alone then 4th day the prayed they waited on the prophet (saw) because they wanted to pray it in congregation. Adaption is people only praying it at the mosque when you can do it at home too. No innovation since they did not do anything new.

I read that taraweh isn't mandatory, it came after the prophets death. So why do we perform these prayers in Ramadan?

it's not mandatory but it's not a bid'ah

"It is proven in al-Saheehayn that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led his companions in prayer (Taraweeh) for several nights, then on the third or fourth night he did not come out to them. When morning came he said: “Nothing prevented me from coming out to you except the fact that I feared that it would be made obligatory for you.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1129. According to the version narrated by Muslim (761): “But I feared that night prayers would be made obligatory for you and you would not be able to do them.”

Offering Taraweeh prayer in congregation is something that is established by the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated the reason why he did not persist in offering this prayer in congregation, which is that he feared that it might be made obligatory."