Indonesia’s national religious council says crypto is forbidden!

reer

VIP
You (and all businesses) have to pay taxes in your governments currency. Because of that there is always a demand. This counts double for the USA because of the petrodollar.

sxb im clueless about crypto. so crypto is like an erratic bubble? what about governments evading sanctions like iran? is it different when a government adopts it?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
If crypto is haram due to having “no intrinsic value” than so is fiat according to such dumb logic. US dollar is going through highest level of inflation and I bet Indonesian currency is pegged to that 6.1% loss in value every year.

@Apollo this is why we need educated scholars who are well rounded in all aspects of knowledge like the old days.

You are right, Indonesia started as a secular country but now it's becoming more religious.
Religious authorities are becoming more powerful. At least that's what my indonesian non muslim friend told me...
Religion is on a decline world-wide including the Muslim world. Even wahhabi KSA is becoming more liberal. As more and more young people pick up new ideas from tiktok and social media the decline will accelerate.

hIXUf3HT04zRqJO9YCqW_XcbGxLOjxu1Xl4W3BTWV28.png

Full scale sharia doesn't really work in 2021.
You should really read about sharia law, we live in an era of globalisation where muslims and non muslims have to work together.
Thus, a muslim country where muslims are first class citizens and non muslims are second class citizens (which is what sharia advocates for with non muslims paying extra taxes and having less rights because of their faith) will turn off foreign investors.
Even Saudi Arabia realized that, that's why they keep opening beaches, cinemas, concerts etc... and giving more rights to woman (such as travelling without the permission of their husband, or driving cars...) in order to attract tourists and investors. Saudi Arabia's constitution is becoming less islamic every year.
Then you are saying islam is wrong and inferior to the non-muslim system. So why should any of us continue to be muslims?

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
sxb im clueless about crypto. so crypto is like an erratic bubble? what about governments evading sanctions like iran? is it different when a government adopts it?
No idea how that will play out sxb. Nobody has ever tried that before(in a large scale).

But I doubt anyone is waiting for a digital rial.

Then you are saying islam is wrong and inferior to the non-muslim system. So why should any of us continue to be muslims?
This doesn't mean that Islam is wrong, but when you see that countries with full scale sharia law are the places with the least amount of tourists and foreign investment, then you should ask yourself some questions.
Sharia law worked extremely well during the 7th century all the way to the 17th century, but the world that we live in today is completely different from the age of isolationism, and so all countries (not only muslims) changed their system in order to prosper.
Muslim countries are not in power to decide which system they use, but the great powers are the ones who decide the rules.
Religion is on a decline world-wide including the Muslim world. Even wahhabi KSA is becoming more liberal. As more and more young people pick up new ideas from tiktok and social media the decline will accelerate.

hIXUf3HT04zRqJO9YCqW_XcbGxLOjxu1Xl4W3BTWV28.png
It is not about the percentage of people who no longer practice Islam, but it's about the people who are in power.
Look at Iran, people are less practicing than the previous generations, but the country is extremely conservative compared to pre 1979 Iran where people were more religious but pretty much liberal.
Another example is Turkey, Ataturk (First president of Turkey) secularized the country when 99% of turks were muslims but now Turkey is coming back to it's islamic roots thanks to Erdogan even though most young turks (25-) are not religious (even though a lot still believe in Allah).

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
No idea how that will play out sxb. Nobody has ever tried that before(in a large scale).

But I doubt anyone is waiting for a digital rial.
Its already become a nations currency I dont see how crypto could be haram its a good step away from fiat currencies.
Full scale sharia doesn't really work in 2021.
You should really read about sharia law, we live in an era of globalisation where muslims and non muslims have to work together.
Thus, a muslim country where muslims are first class citizens and non muslims are second class citizens (which is what sharia advocates for with non muslims paying extra taxes and having less rights because of their faith) will turn off foreign investors.
Even Saudi Arabia realized that, that's why they keep opening beaches, cinemas, concerts etc... and giving more rights to woman (such as travelling without the permission of their husband, or driving cars...) in order to attract tourists and investors. Saudi Arabia's constitution is becoming less islamic every year.
Non-muslims do not pay increased taxes Jizyah can be less then Zakah which is 2.5%

Saudi liberalizing its draconian social laws alone will not increase investment they are an absolute monarchy with regular human rights abuses and kangaroo courts, completely anti-islamic. Investors will go places with low taxes and legal safety/strong institutions. Sharia emboldens both of those the reason the muslim world sucks has nothing to do with Islam just the same way Dubai and Doha being luxurious would not be attributed to Islam.

Ex-muslims are exhausting.

That’s Good. As for normal fiat currency, the minute the US collapses, Gold and Silver will return as means of exchange.

It is not about the percentage of people who no longer practice Islam, but it's about the people who are in power.
Look at Iran, people are less practicing than the previous generations, but the country is extremely conservative compared to pre 1979 Iran where people were more religious but pretty much liberal.
Another example is Turkey, Ataturk (First president of Turkey) secularized the country when 99% of turks were muslims but now Turkey is coming back to it's islamic roots thanks to Erdogan even though most young turks (25-) are not religious (even though a lot still believe in Allah).
The figure is in regards to religiosity, not necessarily non-believers.

Most Iranians immigrants in the west are secular. I've seen some with Muslim names but they were wearing the Zoroastrian bird necklace. I think Christian Levantines are more conservative than them lol.

In regards to Turkey, under Ataturk they skipped a lot of steps from leaders of the muslim world to secularism. But I doubt the average Turk's religiosity to Islam is higher than after state secularism. It's also decreasing. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ncreasingly-resisting-religion-study-suggests

There's no existential sharia threat sxb, Islamic adherence is decreasing rather than growing.

reer

VIP
The figure is in regards to religiosity, not necessarily non-believers.

Most Iranians immigrants in the west are secular. I've seen some with Muslim names but they were wearing the Zoroastrian bird necklace. I think Christian Levantines are more conservative than them lol.

In regards to Turkey, under Ataturk they skipped a lot of steps from leaders of the muslim world to secularism. But I doubt the average Turk's religiosity to Islam is higher than after state secularism. It's also decreasing. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ncreasingly-resisting-religion-study-suggests

There's no existential sharia threat sxb, Islamic adherence is decreasing rather than growing.
religiousness heightened happened during the cold war era.
- post colonialism. a young generation of muslims not raised by colonialism
- islamic revolution of iran. sunnis saw it as a moral boost at first.
- saudi arabia becoming conservative after the masjid al haram seige
-soviet invasion of afghanistan
-fall of the soviet union. millions of central asians knew more about their religion. look at uzbekistan number of people who wanted to learn islam skyrocketed.

religiousity skyrocketed after 1979 and has been on the rise. religuousity in iran is different. the sunnis are not increasing in secularness. its mostly shias and rich ones. iranian diaspora their core is secular monarchists so they arent a good source.

religiousness heightened happened during the cold war era.
- post colonialism. a young generation of muslims not raised by colonialism
- islamic revolution of iran. sunnis saw it as a moral boost at first.
- saudi arabia becoming conservative after the masjid al haram seige
-soviet invasion of afghanistan
-fall of the soviet union. millions of central asians knew more about their religion. look at uzbekistan number of people who wanted to learn islam skyrocketed.

religiousity skyrocketed after 1979 and has been on the rise. religuousity in iran is different. the sunnis are not increasing in secularness. its mostly shias and rich ones. iranian diaspora their core is secular monarchists so they arent a good source.

I don't dispute any of your points besides the claim religiosity is increasing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

reer

VIP
I don't dispute any of your points besides the claim religiosity is increasing.

somalia was like egypt (not the current one) and affluent people of pakistan.
also 9/11 was a big factor for western somalis youre right. somalis in the early 90s used to wear garbasaar :lol:. religiousity for somalis rose and skyrocketed and is on the decline yes. for western somalis. in somalia it was on the rise until smartphones became affordable for them in the mid 2010s :lol:

Last edited:
somalia was like egypt (not the current one) and affluent people of pakistan.
also 9/11 was a big factor for western somalis youre right. somalis in the early 90s used to wear garbasaar :lol:. religiousity for somalis rose and skyrocketed and is on the decline yes. for western somalis. in somalia it was on the rise until smartphones became affordable for them in the mid 2010s :lol:

Median age in Somalia is 16. If the world was serious about defeating radicals they'd make it a point to alleviate poverty first and foremost, then continue social engineering efforts on those little hearts and minds via social media :fittytousand:

Trending