Indians in Mogadishu

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Does anyone know the song in the first video? I’ve listened to it before but I forgot what it was called.

Some of them were Hindu too. The Indians of xamarweyne numbered around 70 families who were a very tight-knit community and by that I mean they didn't mix with Benadiris let alone the other Somalis. I think the main reason for this was the religious differences. This is a key point; these Indians are not part of the Reer Xamar confederacy. Perhaps this is because they were relative newcomers with most coming in the 19th century or after. Even their Af Somali was heavily mixed with Indian languages.

Economically speaking, they were low level business owners who could never compete with reer xamars. Most of their houses were taken during the civil war by certain clans.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some of them were Hindu too. The Indians of xamarweyne numbered around 70 families who were a very tight-knit community and by that I mean they didn't mix with Benadiris let alone the other Somalis. I think the main reason for this was the religious differences. This is a key point; these Indians are not part of the Reer Xamar confederacy. Perhaps this is because they were relative newcomers with most coming in the 19th century or after. Even their Af Somali was heavily mixed with Indian languages.

Economically speaking, they were low level business owners who could never compete with reer xamars. Most of their houses were taken during the civil war by certain clans.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Ismaili Gujaratis in Xamar were rich

Trending