Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Garowe has a population of 100,000 and the best city planning in Puntland. How can we make the river perennial if it means making the capital cease to exist?
What about the Dharoor basin?
Garowe has a population of 100,000 and the best city planning in Puntland. How can we make the river perennial if it means making the capital cease to exist?
What about the Dharoor basin?

garowe does not have 100,000 people, the city could just be moved further up the valley away from the dry riverbeds it stands on, an perennial river in garowe would help the agricutlure industry, create jobs, food security etc.

Heck if i have to dam hargesia to make it water secure i would take that sacrifice.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Tree plating, controlled grazing, rainwater harvesting, education, health care, job creation is whats needed for SL/SO as a whole.

Heck even using the river basins as federal states. 9 basins 9 states, people work together for the benefit water can create.

Darror Basin
Togdhere
Gulf Aden
Indian coast
Juba
Shabele
Laga Dhera
Laga Badana

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
If china can regreen an area the size of Somalia in 50 years, and India can recreate dead rivers in 20 years, whats stopping the somali people to do the same.

Increase the Juba river water flow, shabele flow,

Turn the tugdhere to a longer lasting water body, creating cultivable land in the nugaal valley

Allowing terrace farming in the gulf of aden and daroor valley

Lakes in Galgudug feed from ogaden basin rivers, Lakes in central sanaag feeding the tugdhere,and darror rivers, making the laga badana a toruist destination that can rival the masia mara and mombasa at the same time, since it's a natrue reserve for animals and has a beach and marine life.

Rivers can beautify cities too, making hargesia, garowe, burco into mini londons with rivers cutting through, forests help the mini water cycle, can also cool down the climate around it.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
The northen region rivers are useful since all the water their originate in somali lands not, ethiopia and kenya, meaning we can damn and use the water for our selves. I really believe the Nugaal valley can turn into a new shabelle region, maybe even bring peace between somaliand and puntland, and cooperation.

Sheikh to eyl

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
The north doesn't have water harvesting history. This plan is good for people that had such a history and wants to revive it.

Aside from the operational challenges and convincing clans to flood their land, this plan also needs a total lifestyle change. A change from pastoralism to agriculture.

True they don't have a water harvesting history, but the people do know about making berkhads, wars, and small ponds. Nomadism won't last long enough people are gonna start dying or losing that livelihood and start moving into cities, making slums, living in more poverty whilst killing the countryside culture, why not change the society from pastoralism too agriculture centric one.

Start water harvesting, start tree planting, start educating nomads on bettering their lives, start landscape restoration, restoring catchments.

Maybe who knows in 20 years Somalia will be greener then it was 100 years ago.

:manny:

True they don't have a water harvesting history, but the people do know about making berkhads, wars, and small ponds. Nomadism won't last long enough people are gonna start dying or losing that livelihood and start moving into cities, making slums, living in more poverty whilst killing the countryside culture, why not change the society from pastoralism too agriculture centric one.

Start water harvesting, start tree planting, start educating nomads on bettering their lives, start landscape restoration, restoring catchments.

Maybe who knows in 20 years Somalia will be greener then it was 100 years ago.

:manny:
All is possible the earth is good and wide enough for all. It's up to the owners of the land to pitch in and make it beautiful. Imagine what Europe would've looked like if the ppl were just as lazy as Somalis. Hell they even used to fight eachother and lived in the dark ages until they realised that it's more beneficial to work together.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
All is possible the earth is good and wide enough for all. It's up to the owners of the land to pitch in and make it beautiful. Imagine what Europe would've looked like if the ppl were just as lazy as Somalis. Hell they even used to fight eachother and lived in the dark ages until they realised that it's more beneficial to work together.

it's possible, i don't think somalia was a desert, i think it's just very degraded land, heck if the somali race is as old as the laas geel paintings depict, we've been overgrazing for almost 7000 years.

Cutting down tries lead to soil erosion, soil erosion leads to loss of top soil meaning less plants, meaning the water can't be held, lack of water is caused, rain cycle is destroyed meaning less water.

Things add up but idk. Heck somalis are useless instead of talking about finding solutions to droughts, lack of water etc, their in this fourm talking about trannies, black people, SJW shit.

it's possible, i don't think somalia was a desert, i think it's just very degraded land, heck if the somali race is as old as the laas geel paintings depict, we've been overgrazing for almost 7000 years.

Cutting down tries lead to soil erosion, soil erosion leads to loss of top soil meaning less plants, meaning the water can't be held, lack of water is caused, rain cycle is destroyed meaning less water.

Things add up but idk. Heck somalis are useless instead of talking about finding solutions to droughts, lack of water etc, their in this fourm talking about trannies, black people, SJW shit.
It's a shame we could have had something to actually be proud of. I swear the nomadic lifestyle ruined us and made us lazy as hell. Throughout the history hunters were viewed as real men and normally the line of kings came from them.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
It's a shame we could have had something to actually be proud of. I swear the nomadic lifestyle ruined us and made us lazy as hell. Throughout the history hunters were viewed as real men and normally the line of kings came from them.

I can see why, when i was in miyi the men had it easy job which was to lay under a tree watch the camels, sheep, goats occasionally take them to the wells to drink. Most of the animals have a short gestation peroid meaning one man with one male and 4 female goats could end up with 20 in 4 months maybe. Whereas a farmer needs to prepare the land, sow the crops, relay on rain fence the land, reap the crops, go market sell it. Nomadism was the fast lifestyle it's finally hit the end of it's times.

Farming on the bank off streams and rivers, and fishing in the coast are short term to mid term solutions.

But i was looking into mob grazing that could help somalia alot.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY

Watershed goverment may be useful, if the water returns through conservation and tree planting and rivers come back, maybe people will work with each other since they'll benefit from eachother.

Lack of water created a lot of wars between sub clans and clans. Hopefully the whole somali region becomes interconnect economically, and environmentally.

LittleNileRiver

Keepin Southies in check since 1998
dry-riverbed-in-puntland-somalia-picture-id519847938

Dry riverbed in Puntland, Somalia
Puntland has a semi-arid climate. Rainfall is sparse and variable, with no single area receiving more than 400 mm (15.7 in) of rain annually. Even the coastal region is desertlike. These climatic conditions favor pastoralism. Nomads primarily rely on wells as a source of water rather than surface water. | Location: Puntland, Somalia.

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/p...-somalia-high-res-stock-photography/519847938

dry-riverbed-in-puntland-somalia-picture-id519847938

Dry riverbed in Puntland, Somalia
Puntland has a semi-arid climate. Rainfall is sparse and variable, with no single area receiving more than 400 mm (15.7 in) of rain annually. Even the coastal region is desertlike. These climatic conditions favor pastoralism. Nomads primarily rely on wells as a source of water rather than surface water. | Location: Puntland, Somalia.

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/p...-somalia-high-res-stock-photography/519847938
It's common in areas with no trees, the land becomes dry and nothing can thrive in that environment. Even the Sahara was green thousand of years ago. We need to plant more trees and that will help trap moisture and will protect the river from extreme evaporation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts