OPINION Ina Sharmarke Is Pro Centralism

LOL

You keep repeating this falsehood. Puntites installed a Federal Government in Somalia using Puntite Tax Money and Puntite soldiers. Why would we do that at the height of our power in South Somalia if we really wanted Centralism? You are not making any sense here.

Abdulahi Yusuf AUN was the President in 2004 and he could have installed a Central Government, all the Puntite PMs that followed, didn't push for Centralism either. Puntites have always been fond of autonomy, it's our heritage to be autonomous and want it for others. We had a Kingdom and a Sultanate simultaneously so it is in our interest to revert to a similar system as Centralism is alien and abhorrent to us. Furthermore, the dictator (1960-1991), showed us how dangerous this system is in the wrong hands.

A confederation is next on the cards, forget just federalism. We want all Somalis to learn how to not only build and secure their own regions, but also learn how to mind their own business at the same time.
Federalism I agree with but confederation no. Once al shabaab is defeated there won’t be any more civil wars in the south or Somalia in general .therefore, when this happens, each state should integrate its forces to the national army and they 100% can have their own state police and take care of their own state buisness on a national level e.d education, healthcare and so forth. Only time we come together is on an international level. This will 100% make sure somalia never goes into turmoil again as power isn’t centralised

Federalism I agree with but confederation no. Once al shabaab is defeated there won’t be any more civil wars in the south or Somalia in general .therefore, when this happens, each state should integrate its forces to the national army and they 100% can have their own state police and take care of their own state buisness on a national level e.d education, healthcare and so forth. Only time we come together is on an international level. This will 100% make sure somalia never goes into turmoil again as power isn’t centralised

You have high hopes for certain Somalis not trying to instigate more civil wars. For example, Galmudug was built by Puntland in order for Federalism to be achieved and when it was founded it was only comprised of Sacad regions. Instead of being grateful and productive with this support, HG repaid us by constantly launching attacks on our land, they only gave up in 2019 when they realised they are too weak to win.
However, rest assured, the minute they think they can pose a threat, it will start again. For example; look at what's happening now, it's 2021, AlShabab is taking their land but HG is too busy trying to steal more land from their fellow Galmudugians (Marehans). Even though Puntite troops were sent to help secure Galmudug from AlShaydan, they are on this forum and other places, calling for attacks on North Mudug and making false claims on our ancestral land.

Furthermore, other Hawiye help them with their delusion and draw fake maps for them. It is clear that we need as much autonomy as possible from each other.

@Pwyneth Galtrow I get where you're coming from and I too would support confederalism to a degree as well. When I said Central government I was talking about federal government not the central government of a unitary country (federal government means central government of a federal country after all). You can disagree with me but as long as Somalia is one country anyone who becomes President of our country regardless of their subclan they will I believe want to fully control every inch of Somalia as a whole

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
@Periplus exactly why is it only you (along with @kickz ) among the Puntites here that supports the FGS being more powerful over every FMS than the states' own governments?

Because I live in Australia which is a functional federal government.

So I want the same in Somalia.

I’m not going to change the rule book just because it hurts peoples qabiil-sensibilities.

Because I live in Australia which is a functional federal government.

So I want the same in Somalia.

I’m not going to change the rule book just because it hurts peoples qabiil-sensibilities.

So you love Somalia more than either Puntland or your clan MJ? I too love Somalia more than my clan or my FMS yet I am a quasi confederalist who supports a weak federal government

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
So you love Somalia more than either Puntland or your clan MJ? I too love Somalia more than my clan or my FMS yet I am a quasi confederalist who supports a weak federal government

It’s not really about loving Somalia, it’s about what’s best for Somalis.

If we were better in a confederation, I would support it.

But it isn’t.

Armed forces should be unified and be commanded by the ministry of Defense with the president being Commander in Chief but the Armed forces should be independent from any of the politics in the country and currently in somalia the armed forces are highly politicized by everyone.

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
Having an united armed forces isn’t centralism.

I'm shocked this needed to be stated at all. Centralism is a form of government model where ultimate authority resides with the central government. Integrating federal military forces under one command changes nothing about the political structure of Somalia. We'll still be a federal country.

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst. #PIM
VIP
Literally. For example Ask these people, is the american military divided into federal forces? No when america military is one and isn’t divided into federal units. Only thing is the federal states have their own state police which I agree with. The national army should however just be one and United otherwise it will be divided into clan lines which is wrong
Each US state has a national guard. It’s the FGS job to recruit from every region which they have failed miserably. Tedakale, we in PL don’t have an army. We only have Police and state security forces

The Federal Government was supposed to build a National Army that had 15,000 troops from every Federal Region, but Farmaajo the Kacaanist has failed to implement this deal that was signed by all Federal States. All we see is a few militias being trained by Turkey that are used as Farmaajo's personal hit squads and they have animal names.

The sooner this man and his disgusting cult leave, the better.
The Federal Government was supposed to build a National Army that had 15,000 troops from every Federal Region, but Farmaajo the Kacaanist has failed to implement this deal that was signed by all Federal States. All we see is a few militias being trained by Turkey that are used as Farmaajo's personal hit squads and they have animal names.

The sooner this man and his disgusting cult leave, the better.
I agree. Farmaajo fucked things up . Also tirk
Each US state has a national guard. It’s the FGS job to recruit from every region which they have failed miserably. Tedakale, we in PL don’t have an army. We only have Police and state security forces
Yeah I agree the government failed. Inshallah the next president can make sure every region brings military forces to the army

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Farmaajo rejected integration of 2,400 able bodied Puntites, all expenses paid for. Next time they have the audacity to utter integration, they need to come bowl in hand, useless motherf'ers.

Ideally he’s right, any country no matter the system of governance should have one armed forces. But we are so far from there and farmajo has made that more difficult with the way he has politicized the national army against his political opponents

Here OP goes with slandering NISA. In the past 4 years NISA has become a world-class intelligence agency. It's out there, anyone with a brain can see that's the case. Even matt bryden the war profiteer admitted NISA has now been turned to highly functional agency that is way different from whatever it was back in 2017.

Moreover, NISA and PSF can't be compared. Where does PSF operate? Galgala mountains? NISA is a federal agency operating all over somalia plus competing with foreign intelligence agencies, they are not on the same scale. PSF is struggling routing out AS who are mainly from their clan but different subclans. While NISA is dealing with all clans everywhere. Not comparable.