In the olden times they'd have flown British Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they are on a Ethiopian Airlines flight. How the times have changed.

Is this capitalism?

British Airways seems in decline.

Brands building shows you the power of capitalism.

It's not the first. Qatar Airways, Emirates and Etihad done it before as well as Turkish Airlines which I believe are the leaders.

This airlines done great. If you go to London's biggest airport Heathrow the advertisements that stick out are for Turkish Airlines and Emirates.

Ethiopian recently started to fly out from Manchester and is expanding. It already aggressively penetrated the African market and other global destinations like Istanbul etc.

Everybody is what they make themselves to be. Ethiopia was ridiculed for years in jokes about a famine which happened in the 80's that lingered in jokes about starving and the country became synonym with starvation or the manifestation in jokes.

Today they are using marketing to showcase how they are ferrying English football supporters from their country to Spain another European country. Indeed how the times have changed.

Off to Spain from London on Ethiopian Airlines

61465002_2391295817767380_3492447008860405760_o.jpg

I personally will never fly with Ethiopian or British airways. The last time I used British airways to Dubai the plane was shaking and shaking. I was constantly reciting ayatul Kursi!

Tukraq

VIP
This is not capitalism, this is a government run company lol, it’s also not smart why would a country be involved in a sector that most airlines go under in, if their tax payers are willing to foot the bill that’s all them :manny:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
my region and country are shitty tuulos without proper roads yet I have decency to hate Ethiopia I hate my life

cry in corner abaha wasse you will never reach Ethiopia it has surpassed zumalia by decades

This is not capitalism, this is a government run company lol, it’s also not smart why would a country be involved in a sector that most airlines go under in, if their tax payers are willing to foot the bill that’s all them :manny:

Ethiopian Airlines is only owned by the government but never run by it even during Mengistu communist time, it was the only government institution that all governments starting from Haile Selassie left it alone. It is fully managed independent of the government with its own international standards. It hires top world marketing consultants like Ernst & Young. You can't get anything near such success with government interfering. That is impossible. During Mengistu reign the Russians tried everything to force Ethiopian Airlines buy their planes but the company refused and even dictator Mengistu didn't want to mess with it. And it was during Mengistu that Ethiopian Airlines became the first African Airlines to operate Boeing 767, the best and latest at the time.

Tukraq

VIP
cry in corner abaha wasse you will never reach Ethiopia it has surpassed zumalia by decades
Lol Iq post
Ethiopian Airlines is only owned by the government but never run by it even during Mengistu communist time, it was the only government institution that all governments starting from Haile Selassie left it alone. It is fully managed independent of the government with its own international standards. It hires top world marketing consultants like Ernst & Young. You can't get anything near such success with government interfering. That is impossible. During Mengistu reign the Russians tried everything to force Ethiopian Airlines buy their planes but the company refused and even dictator Mengistu didn't want to mess with it. And it was during Mengistu that Ethiopian Airlines became the first African Airlines to operate Boeing 767, the best and latest at the time.
A better post, i agree it would be tough but I’m just a supporter of the private sector in these type of things tbh even the Turkish and emirates are the same, the reason why say America has all private airlines for example is because this isn’t as profitable a business as it seems as airlines are running at a loss most of the time so it takes that negative return off the tax payers, airlines are know to be the route of becoming a millionaire, if one started off a billionaire lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending