Important announcement on the preparation for Somalia’s Population & Housing Census

How can we do population census with the regions in the north- and eastern Somalia + all the land occupied by terrorists? We have been arguing about Somalias real population for years😂 Quick search on the internet says 17 million.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
How can we do population census with the regions in the north- and eastern Somalia + all the land occupied by terrorists? We have been arguing about Somalias real population for years😂 Quick search on the internet says 17 million.
What is eastern somalia?

Census is helpful regardless of SL and terrorist situation. Not many people right now live in Shabaab controlled land and SL population is around 3-4 million.

What is eastern somalia?

Census is helpful regardless of SL and terrorist situation. Not many people right now live in Shabaab controlled land and SL population is around 3-4 million.
As long as Banadir + everything east of the Shabelle river including PL is able to be part of the census, that’s all I care about. Looking forward to it inshallah

What is eastern somalia?

I mean somaliland and puntland. We don’t need “is around” census. This smells like corruption. Saying they will do something that’s impossible right now. And yes terrorists sadly control a huge plot of land and citizens in central and southern 🇸🇴.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I mean somaliland and puntland. We don’t need “is around” census. This smells like corruption. Saying they will do something that’s impossible right now. And yes terrorists sadly control a huge plot of land and citizens in central and southern 🇸🇴.
I’m sure PL will be a part of it. Otherwise wouldn’t be backed and funded by Western donors

mahamdov

Nabaddoonka Somaaliyeed "
The population of Somalia is 13 million but they will say 18 million or something close to it

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
This is a donor money grab if I’ve ever seen one. They’ll catch a cool 8 fig sum from EU, go count a couple humans and xoolo in Xamar Jajab and Daynille and multiply it by 500. :pachah1:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is a sensitive topic(everyone thinks their large population) and requires it is observed by a 'national commitee' that is a cross from all regions. Plus we need estimation models to ensure the census is within acceeptable range. Estimation model must not be figures entered into a spreadsheet with no details on the formula.

I prefer a mixed formula using electricity capacity vs how many homes it can power based on the average household consumption. Water capacity in towns. Water wells/damS capacity vs number of households. Finally this estimation model must be baselined against kenya using their census data to see how accurate the estimations are.

What we do know is the largest industry in the nation is 'livestock followed by agriculture' which earns anywhere between 60-80% of GDP not 'hormuud' loooooool as many ppl assume or hotels and shops(service industry) So the population must show 60-80% range outside of urban areas or it's inconsistent with GDP data.

So the true landheere is who has largest 'grazing' land cause livestock need to graze, the smaller grazing land mean it cant support large livestock population thus small population.

I know these facts scare SNM N HAG becuz we know their REAL ESTATE

Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

Garaad diinle

 
Finally we've been waiting for this for a while now. It was supposed to take place last year if i'm not mistaken but it was moved to this year instead. Let's just hope for 23 million somalis in somalia. The map below made by a reddit user by the name of u/MoreSomalia shows the number and distribution of somali villages cities and town.

Of course it's doesn't account for every villages or settlement but it's a good approximation. It's a rough estimate of population distribution in somalia though it doesn't account for pastoralist. Surprisingly the rivers are densely populated and heavily concentrated but it makes sense since people there are agriculturalists.

Somali_villages_BIG_plot_2.png
Somali_villages_plot_2-%E2%80%93-redigeret.png
Somalia_urban_final.png

Finally we've been waiting for this for a while now. It was supposed to take place last year if i'm not mistaken but it was moved to this year instead. Let's just hope for 23 million somalis in somalia. The map below made by a reddit user by the name of u/MoreSomalia shows the number and distribution of somali villages cities and town.

Of course it's doesn't account for every villages or settlement but it's a good approximation. It's a rough estimate of population distribution in somalia though it doesn't account for pastoralist. Surprisingly the rivers are densely populated and heavily concentrated but it makes sense since people there are agriculturalists.

Somali_villages_BIG_plot_2.png
Somali_villages_plot_2-%E2%80%93-redigeret.png
Somalia_urban_final.png
It is missing more than half of Mudulood villages, also why are smaller Abgaal towns listed there like Cadale and Warshiekh while much larger ones like Galcad, BiyoCade, Caligaduud are left out?

Here is an outdated map showcasing more of Ahgaal settlements. Although many are wrongly named.
1682334207021.png

Btw does anyone know how I can inform Google Earth of the towns named wrongly or missing in their satellite images?

Also I'd like people to note that like 40% of Abgaal's live in rural villages, that can only be found on Google Earth. It is insane how densely populated and how neglected(projects and development) this part of the country is.
Screenshot_20230424_142102_Earth.jpg

The above village is a good example. You can't find that village in official maps. And there is like thousand more Dotted Between Xamar and Qeycad.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Rationale the national commission will establish the following

1. Number of Villages, cities, towns by 'clan'
2. Pastoral population by water wells/dams
3. Electricity/Water capacity in urban area
4. Correlate estimates against census done kenya
5. Begin counting process ensuring everyone is present so no 'ghosts' are added

Niyahow 80% of the villages listed in UNFPA are ghost villages when searched on google satellite where it only shows 'rock' by a village name, especially in the south/north who went to EXTREME measures to lie about their population showing 'langaab syndrome'

Abaq

VIP
Also I'd like people to note that like 40% of Abgaal's live in rural villages, that can only be found on Google Earth. It is insane how densely populated and how neglected(projects and development) this part of the country is.
View attachment 268382
The above village is a good example. You can't find that village in official maps. And there is like thousand more Dotted Between Xamar and Qeycad.
Bro that’s literally two shacks and a hut. Can’t blame map makers for that 😭

@Rationale the national commission will establish the following

1. Number of Villages, cities, towns by 'clan'
2. Pastoral population by water wells/dams
3. Electricity/Water capacity in urban area
4. Correlate estimates against census done kenya
5. Begin counting process ensuring everyone is present so no 'ghosts' are added

Niyahow 80% of the villages listed in UNFPA are ghost villages when searched on google satellite where it only shows 'rock' by a village name, especially in the south/north who went to EXTREME measures to lie about their population showing 'langaab syndrome'
I only use Google Earth as a solid evidence, and even then buildings alone are not enough for me. I check if the land is worked on, ie. if it has a maintained farm.

I recently checked Sanaag and I'm actually impressed how many rural settlements the Warsangeli have. They might be much more populous than people might give them credit for.

Latest posts