Iman's daughter?

I found it so strange too. I was there when the first few Reer Xamars and Baraawe nigs got tested and we just kept seeing 20% Indian. Then I noticed that there's always been proof of strong trade contact with India and even an old Italian census makes it apparent that among the 10% or so ajanabis in Xamar in the 19th century there were about as many Indians as Arabs yet Benadiris never mention being part Desi and exaggerate how Arab they are.

But I think this has more to do with Somalis' historical attitude toward Timo jileecs:
i forgot the video but there was a video in discord of the indian somalis celebrating while doing some weird things ''cow head and things'' i think indians in somalia weren't all muslims but it could be cultural things

@Shimbiris

It was right in our faces the whole time, the man on the left's people convinced us they are mostly "Arab".

She's 27.4% South Asian.

maxresdefault.jpg

With Banaadiris, we''re not dealing with Abu Alis and Ummu Saarahs, these are the Khans and Patels.

puppet-laugh.gif

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP
Yes, I think that's why they hid their Indian roots, Somalis don't like them and to be honest, Indians don't like being Indian. Now it makes me reconsider all of their contributions to Somalia as "Hindi" contributions and not as mixed Arab contributions.

Do you have any idea what the average Arab DNA is?

Perhaps being tricked into calling Hindis "Arabs" is some historic karma for the great Somali Cinnamon Scam of the Ancient Trade days.

wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif

It's hard to suss out how much "Arab" ancestry they have. One guy I know who last I checked seems very quintessential is about 30-40% Somali, 20% Indian, 5-10% Bantu and whatever remains seems very ambiguously MENA last I checked. But whatever remains is 30-40% of his ancestry, keep in mind. But again, we can't know for sure at all if it's Egyptian or Khaleeji or really even how much Iranian is in there or anything. These guys are so mixed that it can confuse even the best calculation methods. Even 23andme that has Somalis down well will get confused by their mixedness and model them as part "Ethiopian" when we obviously know through history that any Horner ancestry in them is purely Somali in origin; Hawiye, Tunni, Bimaal etc.

They're really mixed up. I've noticed once you run them well on Gedmatch or with nMonte G25, on average most of them turn up 20% Desi, 30-40% Lamagoodle, 5-10% Bantu and the rest is a mismash of MENA to Central Asian. Everything from various sorts of Arab to even Iranian or Uzbek. Their Y-DNA and mtDNA is all over the place too. E-V32, G2, J1... think I even heard of a saxiib with some E1b1a lineage. They're like a hodgpodge between all the ajanabis who got attracted to Banaadir historically mixed up with the local Gibil-Madow Somalis.
Shimbir, u know I did my 23&me test and I found out I have Indian in me...but not only that, Indian Jewish πŸ’€πŸ˜… My whole family didn't even believe it...but it's true. All my DNA matches are Indians with Jewish names lol.
4DC08913-F3AD-48C1-B0B3-006E56091E12.jpeg

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP
Shimbir, u know I did my 23&me test and I found out I have Indian in me...but not only that, Indian Jewish πŸ’€πŸ˜… My whole family didn't even believe it...but it's true. All my DNA matches are Indians with Jewish names lol.
View attachment 211130

Yes, this happens sometimes with "pure" Somalis too. I've seen at least a dozen results of Somalis who turn up as like 1-3% Desi. Usually reer magaals. We greatly underestimate the amount of trade contact we've had with Desis compared to Arabs. Somali even apparently has direct Indo-Aryan loanwords like "Rooti" for bread.

i forgot the video but there was a video in discord of the indian somalis celebrating while doing some weird things ''cow head and things'' i think indians in somalia weren't all muslims but it could be cultural things

I heard there are Sikh in Southhall London who used to work in Somalia so there must definitely have been Hindus also. Even recently Asians from the UK opened up a tailor shop in Mogadishu. Asians love moving to African countries.

Yes, this happens sometimes with "pure" Somalis too. I've seen at least a dozen results of Somalis who turn up as like 1-3% Desi. Usually reer magaals. We greatly underestimate the amount of trade contact we've had with Desis compared to Arabs. Somali even apparently has direct Indo-Aryan loanwords like "Rooti" for bread.

Even the Bollywood influence and Hindi style singing must have been introduced to us by these Hindi communities. Now all the cultural contributions by Banadiri communities must be seen through a new lens.

reer

VIP
the arabic word for askari is caskari. i think we got it from the british colonialism which is why we dropped the C and say askari like desis.

Apollo

VIP
I think Somalis all have an affinity with Hindis. We've always felt close to them. I definitely feel closer to Indians than Habeshas.

India's president Modi hates Muslims and this has caused a huge drop in Bollywood watching in the Muslim world.

They switched over to Turkish TV shows because of muh based Sultan Erdogan. :lol:

I think Somalis all have an affinity with Hindis. We've always felt close to them. I definitely feel closer to Indians than Habeshas.

I don't think Somalis like or liked Indians at all!

After the civil war, something went wrong with Somalis back home. No Somali entertainment resulted in an over-reliance on Bollywood, self hate and cringy behaviour.

I think you got the Asian part from Harar. That city had South Asian traders.
No, i researched it, and apparently there were a lot of Indian jews working for the British in Aden. Some of my family lived in Aden and I think one of them married a Indian jewish woman.

Apollo

VIP
I don't think Somalis like or liked Indians at all!

After the civil war, something went wrong with Somalis back home. No Somali entertainment resulted in an over-reliance on Bollywood- self hate and cringy behaviour.

Bollywood was popular with fobs in the 90s and early 2000s.

But now they switched over to Turkish and Arab media. I hear some of them are even watching Nigerian and Kenyan shows too. :damn:

They hate Western media because of oversexualization and woke LGBT characters.

But now they switched over to Turkish and Arab media. I hear some of them are even watching Nigerian and Kenyan shows too. :damn:

even worse :jcoleno:our culture has a lot of ''isku dayasho'' niggas move like group of sheeps sad wallahi

Imagine being an accomplished parent with a likewise educated spouse and having your grandchildren turn out this way, the absolute fucking state

That explains the fob bleaching and overly dramatic and clingy romantic gestures and language. Add on Arab + Turkish media brainwashing and we have future generations of overly dramatic, colourist, clingy, cringy behaviour + MACHISMO

Will we see fobs with big mustaches soon?

black-kid-hand-frowb-scratches-head.gif

Trending

Latest posts