Iman visits Somalia

What kind of leader starves his own people deliberately, Siad Barre was a sick man.

Nobody talks about how the raxaweynes farms were burnt to the ground in Baidoa and how it made international headlines as the Somali Famine.

Last edited:
What kind of leader starves his own people deliberately, Siad Barre was a sick man.

Nobody talks about how the raxaweynes farms were burnt to the ground in Baidoa and how it made international headlines as the Somali Famine.

All our 'leaders' are sick; we shouldn't even have Presidents in Africa.
:meleshame:

World

VIP
What kind of leader starved his own people deliberately, Siad Barre was a sick man.

Aideed and the USC controlled Baidoa before she visited. They were the ones who starved them. This is a well documented historical fact, don’t try rewrite history.

Aideed and the USC controlled Baidoa before she visited. They were the ones who starved them. This is a well documented historical fact, don’t try rewrite history.
Two things can be true at once. Afweyne and Caydiid were both responsible for that famine

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Two things can be true at once. Afweyne and Caydiid were both responsible for that famine
he may have been responsible for the famine the same way he had responsibility for the civil war. But you can’t say he directly caused the famine by burning the farms.

He was out of power when that happened. At worst he was a part of the domino chain that caused that to happen.

reer

VIP
There are people still alive that can tell you stories of how Siad's militia looted all the food and burned down the crops, this happened less than 30 years ago.
siad barre left in mid 1992. how could he control the mogadishu baidoa road in late 1992 and then stop supplies?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
There are people still alive that can tell you stories of how Siad's militia looted all the food and burned down the crops, this happened less than 30 years ago.
has anyone told you this? Or have you seen anywhere that Siad’s troops were burning farms?

Difference between “people CAN tell you this” and “people HAVE told me this”. Unless someone 50+ has told you this I don’t buy it, and don’t lie now. There’s no reason to lie over something like this.

Trending