Imagine the supermarket sold you pork labelled as halal meat

Would You support him?

• Yes, his religious rights has been infringed

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No, beef is halal, he should be eating it.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you sue them?

Personally, I do believe that you don't only have every right to sue them, but they should be legally forced to compensate you. Now, think about this Hindu man who was wrongly sold beef meat labelled as lamb to him, would you empathise with him? Does he have similar rights as yours to sue them and be compensated? Do you support him?

Hindu man who claims he mistakenly consumed beef because it was wrongly labelled as lamb asks supermarket to pay for flights to India so he can be cleansed by priests
  • Jaswinder Paul says he ate beef instead of lamb because it was wrongly labelled
  • He only discovered it was beef after cooking the meat and began eating it
  • Demands supermarket pay for flights to India so he can be 'purified' by priests
  • Mr Paul claims his family has stopped talking to him ever since he ate the beef
A Hindu man who ate beef that was wrongly labelled as lamb has asked the supermarket to pay for his flights back to India so he can be cleansed by priests.

10825460-6793987-Jaswinder_Paul_pictured_claims_he_bought_meat_wrongly_labelled_a-a-7_1552294285495.jpg

Jaswinder Paul (pictured) claims he bought meat wrongly labelled as lamb from Countdown Blenheim on New Zealand's South Island in September when it was allegedly beef instead.

By eating beef, Mr Paul said he broke his religious vow and needed to be flown back to India to be 'purified' by priests, stuff.co.nz reported.

'According to my religion, I have to go back to my country and do sacred things for four to six weeks, and be purified by priests, so I can continue on my religious path. It's a long process,' he said.

Mr Paul said he would have to close his small business to pay for the overseas trip, which would substantially affect his income.

He also said his family has stopped talking to him since he ate the beef.

Mr Paul approached Countdown who apologised for the mistake and offered him a $200 gift voucher.

He rejected the gift voucher and is requesting the supermarket pay for his travel abroad for his purification.

Following several months without a reply, Mr Paul went back to Countdown in February.

The supermarket once again apologised to him and said the gift voucher still stood.

Furious at their response, Mr Paul is now seeking compensation through the courts.

'I don't want to go to court against a big corporation. I just want to go home,' he told the publication.

'I understand this looks like a simple matter, but for me this is very hard. I break my religion [vows] because of someone else's negligence.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...labelled-lamb-asks-Countdown-pay-flights.html

Jaswinder Paul claims he bought the meat from Countdown Blenheim on New Zealand's South Island in September.

He said he cooked the contents and began eating it before discovering the dish was beef instead of lamb, as labelled.

In the Hindu culture, cows are considered sacred and not to be touched.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...labelled-lamb-asks-Countdown-pay-flights.html

Last edited:
Here is the difference sxb if we eat pork by mistake we don't need to get cleansed we don't worship pork. His demands are dumb obviously he just wants the money

halwa

✨🌙
We are all supposed to be respectful of everyone and their beliefs and treat people with the respect they deserve, despite our differences.

So, yeah. The supermaket should give him those flight tickets back to India.

Here is the difference sxb if we eat pork by mistake we don't need to get cleansed we don't worship pork. His demands are dumb obviously he just wants the money

@government

Why are you lying? Or maybe, you weren't aware of it and didn't have a clue? This happened in Detroit, America.

McDonald's pays out $700k to Muslims after falsely saying its food was halal
  • Two McDonald's restaurants in Detroit advertise halal Chicken McNuggets and McChicken sandwiches
  • But a Muslim customer claims to have been served a non-halal meal in 2011
  • McDonald's and Finley's Management have agreed preliminary settlement
  • Detroit has one of America's largest Arab and Muslim communities
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-pay-700k-Muslims-false-Halal-food-claim.html

In Englandstan, Muslims will sue for less like a colleague farting.

A Tesco worker is suing the supermarket chain for harassment and race discrimination after a colleague “broke wind in his face”.

Atif Masood, 42, a customer assistant at a branch in Thornton Heath, is demanding £20,000 — claiming the farting amounts to “bullying”.

He says he has not received an apology, and that Tesco has not investigated his complaint properly. Mr Masood claims it was one of a number of acts of less favourable treatment he suffered because of his Muslim background.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...olleague-broke-wind-in-his-face-a3965131.html

@government

This is happening in America and you are not aware of it? Halal peperoni turned out to be pork pizza. You should testify on behalf of these businesses and tell these judges that these Muslims are wrong because if " we eat pork by mistake", it is not a big deal in Islam, therefore, their lawsuit is null and void.

Judge tosses a 'halal' lawsuit against Little Caesars; 1 remains.

A Michigan judge Thursday tossed out a lawsuit filed against Little Caesars Pizza alleging that pork was sold as "halal pepperoni" at one of its locations in the state, according to court documents provided by an attorney for the pizza company.

Michael Huget, an attorney representing Little Caesars Pizza, said that Wayne County (Mich.) Circuit Court Judge Susan Hubbard granted the pizza chain a summary disposition — or a motion to dismiss via the court rather than by a jury — in a case brought by Mohamad Bazzi, of Dearborn, Mich., in May.

A second lawsuit involving different plaintiffs making the same allegations was allowed to proceed.

More: Muslim man sues Little Caesars, claiming 'halal' label on pizza was a lie

Majed Moughni, the attorney for Bazzi, said an appeal is being considered because the judge may have made a judicial error in not letting the complaint be amended a third time to prove that there was a cause of action.

In an emailed statement sent by Huget on behalf of Little Caesars, the company said it will file counter claims to protect the company against “frivolous actions.”

“Little Caesars is extremely pleased with the court’s complete dismissal of this meritless claim,” the company said in the statement.

On the eve of Ramadan, Bazzi filed the complaint saying he twice ordered halal pizza from a Little Caesars in Dearborn.

He alleged that the boxes were labeled "halal," but that the pies inside were topped with regular pepperoni made with pork, a food prohibited under Islamic law. Bazzi is Muslim.

Moughni said that in the last week, it was discovered via calls from customers that Little Caesars is no longer selling halal pepperoni and that the halal pepperoni signs at that location had been removed.

Huget said that according to his client, the “halal pepperoni” sign that has been in the window of the Dearborn store has been taken down because “they are presently out of stock” of halal pepperoni.

More: China's tiny Muslim community provokes giant anti-Islam backlash

“The victory is they've conceded that they’ve been defrauding the community for a number of years, that they’ve removed the halal sign, and they removed the pepperoni from their stores,” Moughni said.

According to the court documents provided by Huget, Hubbard denied Little Caesars Pizza’s motion for a summary disposition Thursday in a second case also alleging the company sold pork pepperoni as “halal.” That case involves plaintiffs Ali Bazzi and Michelle Meade whom Moughni also is representing.

“Our next step is to uncover the truth, and the truth is ... they’ve been negligent and reckless,” Moughni said.

The issue of non-halal food labeled as such has landed in court before. In 2011, McDonald's was sued over claims that the fast-food restaurant was selling non-halal chicken it claimed was halal.

Huget said that according to his client, the “halal pepperoni”
https://www.freep.com/story/money/nation-now/2017/09/22/little-caesars-halal-lawsuit/692987001/

@AussieHustler What's with your agenda against Muslims?? :tocry:

@Lolalola

Take your medication and relax with music because as you can see, I'm for the rights of people to exercise their religions and to be respected. No business should get away with selling you something that is against your religion as permissible because that is False advertising intended to hurt one's beliefs and therefore, it should attract heavy fines and compensations to the victims. You can't fathom till you take your medication and please, don't derail this thread again.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
@Lolalola

Take your medication and relax with music because as you can see, I'm for the rights of people to exercise their religions and to be respected. No business should get away with selling you something that is against your religion as permissible because that is False advertising intended to hurt one's beliefs and therefore, it should attract heavy fines and compensations to the victims. You can't fathom till you take your medication and please, don't derail this thread again.

"In Englandstan, Muslims will sue for less like a colleague farting." - AussieHustler

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
What’s zabiha

Get the desi shit out of here leave my McDonald’s alone

"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which has been invoked the name of other than Allah; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."

— Qurʼan, Surah 5 (al-Maʼidah), ayah 3

"He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah. But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit] - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

— Qurʼan, Surah 16 (an-Nahl), ayah 115

upload_2019-3-11_11-37-7.png

Most Muslims assume that meats in the West are okay to consume since they're done by Christians, whom are People of the Book, but what we forget is that Western nations are not Christian but secular. This means that they absolutely don't care about whether or not their animals are killed humanely and according to the Zabur/and or Injiil.

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Will you sue them?

Personally, I do believe that you don't only have every right to sue them, but they should be legally forced to compensate you. Now, think about this Hindu man who was wrongly sold beef meat labelled as lamb to him, would you empathise with him? Does he have similar rights as yours to sue them and be compensated? Do you support him?

Hindu man who claims he mistakenly consumed beef because it was wrongly labelled as lamb asks supermarket to pay for flights to India so he can be cleansed by priests
  • Jaswinder Paul says he ate beef instead of lamb because it was wrongly labelled
  • He only discovered it was beef after cooking the meat and began eating it
  • Demands supermarket pay for flights to India so he can be 'purified' by priests
  • Mr Paul claims his family has stopped talking to him ever since he ate the beef
A Hindu man who ate beef that was wrongly labelled as lamb has asked the supermarket to pay for his flights back to India so he can be cleansed by priests.

10825460-6793987-Jaswinder_Paul_pictured_claims_he_bought_meat_wrongly_labelled_a-a-7_1552294285495.jpg

Jaswinder Paul (pictured) claims he bought meat wrongly labelled as lamb from Countdown Blenheim on New Zealand's South Island in September when it was allegedly beef instead.

By eating beef, Mr Paul said he broke his religious vow and needed to be flown back to India to be 'purified' by priests, stuff.co.nz reported.

'According to my religion, I have to go back to my country and do sacred things for four to six weeks, and be purified by priests, so I can continue on my religious path. It's a long process,' he said.

Mr Paul said he would have to close his small business to pay for the overseas trip, which would substantially affect his income.

He also said his family has stopped talking to him since he ate the beef.

Mr Paul approached Countdown who apologised for the mistake and offered him a $200 gift voucher.

He rejected the gift voucher and is requesting the supermarket pay for his travel abroad for his purification.

Following several months without a reply, Mr Paul went back to Countdown in February.

The supermarket once again apologised to him and said the gift voucher still stood.

Furious at their response, Mr Paul is now seeking compensation through the courts.

'I don't want to go to court against a big corporation. I just want to go home,' he told the publication.

'I understand this looks like a simple matter, but for me this is very hard. I break my religion [vows] because of someone else's negligence.'

Jaswinder Paul claims he bought the meat from Countdown Blenheim on New Zealand's South Island in September.

He said he cooked the contents and began eating it before discovering the dish was beef instead of lamb, as labelled.

In the Hindu culture, cows are considered sacred and not to be touched.

American Somalis

Attention i know someone who works in Mall of America food court., if u eat any indho yeer place and see their chicken with with either fruits like pineapple or red pepper or any hot spices, that is cheap pork sold as chicken. And teriyaki soft chicken could be snake meat. You have been warned

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
American Somalis

Attention i know someone who works in Mall of America food court., if u eat any indho yeer place and see their chicken with with either fruits like pineapple or red pepper or any hot spices, that is cheap pork sold as chicken. And teriyaki soft chicken could be snake meat. You have been warned
upload_2019-3-11_18-34-7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts