Images of a somali city drives africans jealous on twitter

The point is to find a healthy medium that showcases an accurate portrayal of what Somalia really looks like. Besides, I’m not interested in showcasing a positive image of Somalia to the world, when we have deep, complex issues that need to be fixed first.

But then again, it’s not surprising given that we’re a people who care more about having a good image than actually fixing the problems present. Very superficial way of thinking.
Why cant we do both? We can address issues in Somalia while showcasing it in a good light, it isnt a matter of prioritizing one over the other. Its good to introduce nice pictures for a change, it would break presuppositions made about us as a people by others

Why cant we do both? We can address issues in Somalia while showcasing it in a good light, it isnt a matter of prioritizing one over the other. Its good to introduce nice pictures for a change, it would break presuppositions made about us as a people by others
Yeah, it isn’t one over another. There’s a group on SM who’s adamant about showing nothing but cafes, new buildings and beaches without context and saying that this is how Somalia currently is, without being truthful about the problems going on. Let’s just be honest is all I’m saying.

Do you think somalia is the only country with complex issues? let's face it there's no place in Africa or even the world without issues, most of africa is a shithole with every problem somalia has and more.

Caring about our image doesn't mean we're denying or neglecting the bigger problems but its important to show our people and the world that there is more to us than just suffering and war which is the truth.

There is development, education, diasporas returning, business, construction not sheding light on the positive side is simply not telling the truth. The bleak image of somalia only serves one purpose its a defeatism attitude.

People need to know somalia is reborn and on the mend.
I disagree with this. It’s clear we have differences in perspectives regarding the state of Somalia. I’ll leave it at that.

I disagree with this. It’s clear we have differences in perspectives regarding the state of Somalia. I’ll leave it at that.

Have you been to somalia recently? I don't think you have. Most of us have a permanent image of something unless we see it physically. Go and visit I assure you you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So these images of bosaso have gone viral on african Twitter. Read the comments they cant believe how war torn somalia can look better than their country etc.

Where are the self haters, admit we're doing pretty well for a country under conflict for 30 years.

giphy.gif

That single tall glass building is the telecom for the cell phones services???