I'm Zak Salad aka CidProTv on YouTube -- AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialAMA

Verified
I'm Zak Salad and I will be answering as many questions as I can starting at 2 PM Eastern for about an hour.

Check out my YouTube channel here:

Hey Zak. Welcome.

Can you tell us a bit about yourself? Where were you born? Where do you live at the moment? Do you have a family of your own?

how did u come up with concept of somali keek nation? are you in partnership with keek? have u been able to generate any income off your work?

Hey Zak. Welcome.

Can you tell us a bit about yourself? Where were you born? Where do you live at the moment? Do you have a family of your own?
Salam, I am an only Child. I am a Director/Editor Based in London. I Was Born in Somalia. I Dont have a Family of my Own. I am recently Divorced, but hope to have a family someday inshallah.

how did u come up with concept of somali keek nation? are you in partnership with keek? have u been able to generate any income off your work?
Salam, i Came up with the concept for SomaliKeekNation during my Final Year at Film School. I am Not currently in partnership with keek, However they have reached out to and verfied my account. They Understand, and approciate what i have done for my community and the App.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I've asked this question to other Somali Youtuber, but I think it's more suited for you since you're a director: most Somali Youtuber's produce similar content but I have yet to see an actual web series. As someone with professional training, do you ever see yourself doing one?

waraabe

Your superior
Salam and welcome

What is keek nation? what do you want to contribute/accomplish within the community? have you ever beeb back home?

Who is your greatest influence? Do you only have Western influences in film? Or Somali ones too?
Good Question. My greatest Influencers always change, i think thats what keeps my Art differnt everytime. In terms of Directors im all about stanley kubrick/ SpikeLee/DirectorX. However for when it comes to MusicVideos the Roaster on LondonAlley agency is killing it this year. Hannah lux Alone has Slayed So musch Mainstream work. However My Good friend Mo Ali will always be a Supporting and insiprational Mark. He has paved the way for Somali Directors to have there films screened and Sold. I have question for you if that okay, have you seen
Qaabyo2? The Somali Film shot in North america. If Not Check it Out!

I've asked this question to other Somali Youtuber, but I think it's more suited for you since you're a director: most Somali Youtuber's produce similar content but I have yet to see an actual web series. As someone with professional training, do you ever see yourself doing one?
Masha'Allah yeah i have funny enough. However what always prevented me from moving passed the pre production stage has always been the lack of Accessable Somali Talent. Im sure theres Thousands of brother and sister able and ready, however they dont want to put themselves online. The irony being that somalikeeknation is Global show that features a mixed variety of international castmates. Now getting them all a villa on location and filming a webseries and getting the return flight may make it easier.

Salam and welcome

What is keek nation? what do you want to contribute/accomplish within the community? have you ever beeb back home?
SomaliKeekNation is User Submited clipshow i started at Filmschool. They individuals download the App, make a 36sec clip and #HashTag #SomaliKeekNation and i create a episodes and Seasons. I want the community to have there chance to shine, exposure and Representation is so important for any community. I have not been back to Somalia since i left. InshaAllah i would LOVE To return and go to the beach and eat canjerro and Drink shaax

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
I've come to understand that you are the son of the Universal TV anchor, is that where you got your interest of being a media personnel ?

What are your thoughts of the new Hollywood movie Knaan is working on regarding Somalis in the diaspora leaving to join terror organizations? Do you think the movie is a bad idea considering the state of our community today in the diaspora? We suffer from racism, Islamophobia, etc. Won't this movie make it worse for us?

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
ASC brotha and welcome to SS.
Have you thought about doing short Somali stories? Stories about our youth in the diaspora and the challenges they go through?

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I remember this video on your channel 'Sh*t Somali people say'. You deleted that video of your channel, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts