I'm studying and my mum is putting me down

Princefan

80s fan
She is saying that I'll never become a midwife, that I'm a doqon who doesn't know nothing and that I won't be able to understand the work. I have a learning disability, so this is very hurtful. I swear I'll have to study on the streets. This house is toxic af.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
She believes you're a very intelligent person and is preparing you for the real world. Somali parents have a weird way of expressing themselves. Shes doing it out of love.

She is saying that I'll never become a midwife, that I'm a doqon who doesn't know nothing and that I won't be able to understand the work. I have a learning disability, so this is very hurtful. I swear I'll have to study on the streets. This house is toxic af.
I’m so sorry hope everything goes well and you’re a smartass!❤️ Ignore her! You’ll achieve great succes

Princefan

80s fan
She believes you're a very intelligent person and happens to be training you for the real world. Somali parents have a weird way of expressing themselves. Shes doing it out of love.
She said that I don't have the eyes for education. I'm studying a course which is quite difficult, I'm studying to the best of my ability, and she's not offering me moral support or love.Instead whilst I'm studying,she puts me down. She doesn't do this to my sister and twin brother. I'm convinced she hates me.

Leaver her fam that’s her loss for not seeing how bright you are she’s not mother worthy at all. Stay in your room put some headphones on put some Quran or whatnot and escape time.

If she’s even Invading your personal space and still bringing you down threaten to leave or something

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Take her criticism and see what you can change. Never be afraid to get criticism from parents or family or friends . It maybe an opportunity for u to grow.

As for calling u names, u can shame her by bringing Allaah swt to the equation. tell her calling me names, God is watching u. She will be impressed believe me

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Treat it as a bullseye, if they say you cannot fly, show them you can fly.

Prove Hoyo wrong, no hoyo wishes the worst on her kids, its a form of motivation :)

Keep studying and prove her wrong, you got this. And tell her to stop demeaning you

Like Basra said
As for calling u names, u can shame her by bringing Allaah swt to the equation. tell her calling me names, God is watching u. She will be impressed believe me

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Well prove her wrong then.

greenvegetables

halal and earthy
I went through something similar. I made straight As through school and graduated at 16 but still had immediate relatives telling me I'm weird, won't be anything, that I'll drop out and be a pr0stitute, I'm stupid and only book smart, etc. But I started going to therapy and working hard on improving my relationship with the Creator and it drastically improved my relationship with the Creation. I learned in therapy that my family was projecting. I'm not all those bad things they said, they're only jealous and scared because they never made it as far as me and it terrifies them that I was never broken by their toxic and abusive displays of authority. Through Islam I learned forgiveness and empathy. I put myself in their shows and thought about how they also grew up in abusive households and didn't have access to an education like I worked for. I began to understand and forgave them.

Don't allow your mother to bring you down. Forgive her and love her still as she reared and weaned you. Know that she doesn't believe what she's saying and it's not true. She's just hurting in her own way and doesn't know how to heal. She's likely proud of you though her words say otherwise.

I'd blame it on capitalism because it is the reason why 'disabled' people have to accommodate for their environment instead of vice versa also, your value isn't determined by your productivity because you are human and therefore deserving of dignity and respect. Don't let this capitalistic society make you feel like you are the problem because you're not.

Study at the library or cafes, if open where your at not at home. Most universities have learning centres that can assist you with how to study and can even provide accommodation for those with learning disabilities.

Clearly she is stupid. You probably feeling bad bc you still see as a rolennhcxkodel