I'm really glad that we do NOT have this problem!

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
having to live with your in laws. Some indian/pakistani brides become so depressed because they have to move in with their husband and all his family, sometimes having to wear hijab around their own house because of husbands bros. And having their MIL tell them what do all day. MIL is still the "queen" of the house so to say and DIL is daughter of the house she doesn't get any of the independence of something as small as what gets cooked/groceries/furniture because women are usually territorial over the kitchen and house decor and lay out and at the end or the day it's not her house, but her husband's family.

Can't they live in the same house and have their own floor, the newlyweds?

It is a good thing. And as long as one is living in her mother in laws house, she needs to abide by her rules. Period.

Can't they live in the same house and have their own floor, the newlyweds?

It is a good thing. And as long as one is living in her mother in laws house, she needs to abide by her rules. Period.

When you get married you want to make your own rules and have your own space. Al hamdoulillah islam gave that right to women. Now if the parents are old or sick they should live with their kids and everyone should get along and be civilized.

Nobody can copy Jews.

Building generational wealth >>> burning money on rent.
Generational wealth shouldn't come at the expense of present living. Life has more value than wealth accumulation.

Im not advocating for wasting money, but this practice is done by most Indians and they aren't all successful. Whilst other successful groups don't.

South Asian may seem wealthy, but their lives arent ideal.

Generational wealth shouldn't come at the expense of present living. Life has more value than wealth accumulation.

Im not advocating for wasting money, but this practice is done by most Indians and they aren't all successful. Whilst other successful groups don't.

Indians are very successful in the west.

Delayed gratification is why they do well in life.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Indians are very successful in the west.

Delayed gratification is why they do well in life.
I'm pretty sure @Marcus is referring to the South Asians in the UK. I heard the one's in North America are much more wealthy. On the other side of the pond they're more or less like how Marcus described them. Drive good cars while living in a dingy house with multiple generations.

Those simple pleasures are ephemeral while wealth is forever.

Also it's a better solution than leaving your parents in a retirement home later in their life which is the inevitable conclusion to splitting off.
I'm not talking about elderly parents but a house full of the in laws

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

same here. I don't really care for wealth that much to the point I would live in bad arrangements, not worth it. some people are so obsessed with big houses and brand new cars, sure it great but you can't take it with you.

same here. I don't really care for wealth that much to the point I would live in bad arrangements, not worth it. some people are so obsessed with big houses and brand new cars, sure it great but you can't take it with you.
Can't take it with you but you can pass it on to your children to live better, more privileged and likely more successful lives

Can't take it with you but you can pass it on to your children to live better, more privileged and likely more successful lives
if you don't mind living like that go ahead for it, but I feel bad for the women who are forced into it. because its one thing if your own family is abusive to you, its another to have a new family yelling in your ear all day

Yeah if you want more, just strive to make money, not be a stable miser.

Why are MILs, BILs and SILs so shady, rude and disrespectful, horta? Across all ethnics and nationalities, this is one of the main topics that people are constantly complaining about. Why do some feel the need to be a rude lil b*tch to their child's spouse? A human being who loved your fugly child enough to marry their sorry ass.

Also, I've never heard of a mean FIL. I wonder why...

I think it actually may become common.
I know a family who's kids JUST bought them a house. They are in their early 30's. Guess what their mother said will happen when/if they get married? Their spouses are moving in with them (After all, the mortgage and bills gotta be paid, right?)

Trending