I'm Queen Buuq, host of Sheeko Sheeko on Youtube -- AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialAMA

Verified
Hi and welcome

As a UKer, i feel that your channel and shows are north america orientated.
I understand. Since we live and shoot the episodes from Toronto, Ontario Canada, the narrative is of one of North America. Maybe Zak Salad can start a UK version of Sheeko Sheeko? :) What do you think?

OfficialAMA

Verified
i notice ur investing more in ur podcast -- production, quality, guest have improved. do u ever see a time when sheekosheeko will become ur main source of income? wat do u do for a living now?
Thank you! I'm glad you see the improvements. We are trying our best. We just need to hear from you guys what you want on the show. After all, this show is for the viewers. We all have stable professional jobs, InshAllah if it takes off...you never know. Maybe do live shows in different citues, have more high profile guests. YouTube need to bring them coins tho LOL.

OfficialAMA

Verified
How do you feel about Somalis in the diaspora who are more interested in causes of other ethnic groups? Somalis seem to be more interested in helping out when it came to the Syrian migrants then they did of Somali famine victims (I.e. immigration sponsorship)
Do you feel we have a problem of self hatred in our diaspora community and do you plan on addressing this in a future video?

I actually touched on that a little in our last episode with Halima Jama. I think people like to jump on bandwagons, and whatever group the main stream media is focusing on. So if everyone is focusing on Syrian refugees then a mosque may find it easier to gather funding for that group cause everyone is talking about it. It is the current media main focus. That being said.....skin color and political agenda has a lot to do with it. Insh Allah we will have a episode touching on this.

OfficialAMA

Verified
Sheeko Sheeko, ignore the trolls, focus on me.

Can you guys have people with polar opposite views on your show i.e an Imam and an atheist Somali or a gay dude? Perhaps host it on Skype if there's a logistics issue.
Man! get out of my head! we are literally trying to put that together!

OfficialAMA

Verified
Sheeko Sheeko, ignore the trolls, focus on me.

Can you guys have people with polar opposite views on your show i.e an Imam and an atheist Somali or a gay dude? Perhaps host it on Skype if there's a logistics issue.
Wait....question for you! Do you think people would be interested in watching something like that?

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Wait....question for you! Do you think people would be interested in watching something like that?

Absolutely! I think your show is great because of the controversial topics you guys cover. Having both a Sheikh and an ex-Muslim or a gay Somali would definitely be something the viewers would be interested in watching.

OfficialAMA

Verified
Absolutely! I think your show is great because of the controversial topics you guys cover. Having both a Sheikh and an ex-Muslim or a gay Somali would definitely be something the viewers would be interested in watching.
Thank you so much for the support! we got you guys!

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
We don't need this fitna. lol.

What fitna? Sheeko Sheeko covers controversial issues others want to sweep under the rug. Ex-Muslim Somalis and gay Somalis are a reality and ignoring them won't make them go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.