I'm Queen Buuq, host of Sheeko Sheeko on Youtube -- AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubble

VIP
Can you speak af Somali fluently? Have you guys considered doing podcasts in our native language so that Somalis in Somali regions and non English speaking countries can take part in the discussion.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Queen Buuq, your show is highly popular on this forum. I think 80% of your views are from us. :lol:

Now that you're getting more successful, do you fear that another Somali will create an imitation podcast? Or do you welcome the competition?

OfficialAMA

Verified
Hi Queen Buuq and welcome to our forum.

Your show covers controversial topics and recently there was a backlash on Twitter against one of your video ( the one about qabiil and madhibaans).

Do situations like this make you shy away from discussing or covering certain topics?
Nope not at all. That was during one of our first episodes. We've learned a lot since then. Listen we are humans just like everyone else. If we say something that viewers do not agree with, we kindly ask that they express how they feel / correct us if need be and we will take in into consideration.
Just like our viewers, we learn something new everyday.....

OfficialAMA

Verified
Hi queen of buuq.

I currently reside in MN and wanted to start a podcast where Somali youths can express themselves, have their voices heard without putting each other down. What were the challenges that you and your peers faced when you first started sheeko sheeko? What advice can you give me in order to go through this route?
People are afraid to be judged! It being a podcast will help in recruiting youth. You will have many haters and many supporters. Keep going! this is something that is needed in our community.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
In your opinion as 'Qabil' is such an important issue to us somalis, do you think we need more frank discussion to eradicate discrimination or do we already put way too much focus on it as a society?

OfficialAMA

Verified
I have another question too. I noticed that the panel members are quite similar in terms of their values as they have the same liberal narrative. Do you plan on having a more conservative panel members?

Yes, we want to have guests on our show who have different views. Questions is.......will the folks who have more of a
conservative point of view want to be on a panel where you show your face? I find the guests who are "liberal" have no problem with it versus those who are conservative.

Also I have another question:

How do you feel about Somalis in the diaspora who are more interested in causes of other ethnic groups? Somalis seem to be more interested in helping out when it came to the Syrian migrants then they did of Somali famine victims. Somali mosques in Ottawa and Edmonton have sponsored Syrian migrants and secured them a years worth of living expenses. This wasn't done by the community during the Somali famine. All we did were BBQs but we didn't mobilize as a community to sponsor famine victims who were terrorized by Al Shabab and denied food if provided by non Muslim agencies.

Do you feel we have a problem of self hatred in our diaspora community and do you plan on addressing this in a future video?

Bump

OfficialAMA

Verified
Can you speak af Somali fluently? Have you guys considered doing podcasts in our native language so that Somalis in Somali regions and non English speaking countries can take part in the discussion.
We can speak Somali, but unfortunately not to the point where we can run an entire podcast/webcast in Somali. Though I have to admit, we're getting better at it. LOL. (atleast I'd like to think so).

OfficialAMA

Verified
Queen Buuq, your show is highly popular on this forum. I think 80% of your views are from us. :lol:

Now that you're getting more successful, do you fear that another Somali will create an imitation podcast? Or do you welcome the competition?
ahahah I say the more the merrier! We want success for our people so we don't block it! We will always be Sheeko Sheeko.....

McD30

Bored to death
Sheeko Sheeko, ignore the trolls, focus on me.

Can you guys have people with polar opposite views on your show i.e an Imam and an atheist Somali or a gay dude? Perhaps host it on Skype if there's a logistics issue.

OfficialAMA

Verified
In your opinion as 'Qabil' is such an important issue to us somalis, do you think we need more frank discussion to eradicate discrimination or do we already put way too much focus on it as a society?
We put waayyyyy too much attention and focus on "Qabils". We have bigger fish to fry! Honestly I never really understood nor care to learn about qabils. If your are a good person with morals and valus...I really don't care about anything else. We have an entire country to rebuild and run. Its 2016 and we are still experiencing bombings. #F*CKQabils ---we don't have time for that.

i notice ur investing more in ur podcast -- production, quality, guest have improved. do u ever see a time when sheekosheeko will become ur main source of income? wat do u do for a living now?

How do you feel about Somalis in the diaspora who are more interested in causes of other ethnic groups? Somalis seem to be more interested in helping out when it came to the Syrian migrants then they did of Somali famine victims (I.e. immigration sponsorship)

Do you feel we have a problem of self hatred in our diaspora community and do you plan on addressing this in a future video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending