I'm Jawahir Ahmed, Somali-American Model -- AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did your parents tell you to stop your model career? Due to stigmatization?
They told me to stop because my photos were on the internet and they are very shy folk. They don't want any attention circling the family, good or bad. And when people called my parents and started asking questions, they just didn't like the attention. I was surprised that Somalis were calling to congratulate me and not give me lectures.

what made u get in to modelling? was your goal to use modelling as a platform for other career opportunities?

I didn't want to get into modeling, I just happened to be with my friend who was signing with an agency. They kept saying "You guys, you guys, you guys." And when I told them I wasn't here for myself, but rather to support a friend ..they told me "No, we are signing you." So it went from there. Same agency I've been with since. Modeling came as a benefit when I did my first pageant. After winning, I was able to reach more people than I would have imagined when it came to my platform.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
lol, gaalkacyo is also beautiful, its where my family is from
Beauty and Galkayo dont go together[emoji23]

Jawahir during my time in PL i suspected that there must a connection between all the chemicals sprayed on Khat, the insomnia that comes with chewing Khat mixed with suspicion that comes with it contributed a lot to the deteriorating mental health.

In your professional opinion does my theory sound right and what factors do you think contributes to the deterioration of mental health back home?

I have no questions. Great thread and thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

You are beautiful MashaAllah and it's wonderful that you are a positive role model for young Somali youth, especially the girls.

Congratulations on all your achievements so far and may you continue to succeed inshaAllah.

Do you have plans to move to Somalia and work there?

I didn't at first, but after visiting I have plans of having a beach house over there that my future kids can go and vacation at. I was also
thinking of starting an accreditation that mental health facilities would prefer to have. Then annually, my company would visit hospitals
pass certain policies so they could remain accredited.

I have no questions. Great thread and thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

You are beautiful MashaAllah and it's wonderful that you are a positive role model for young Somali youth, especially the girls.

Congratulations on all your achievements so far and may you continue to succeed inshaAllah.

Thank you very much! You are a kind soul

Beauty and Galkayo dont go together[emoji23]

Jawahir during my time in PL i suspected that there must a connection between all the chemicals sprayed on Khat, the insomnia that comes with chewing Khat mixed with suspicion that comes with it contributed a lot to the deteriorating mental health.

In your professional opinion does my theory sound right and what factors do you think contributes to the deterioration of mental health back home?

Number one Galkayo and beautiful go together.
Number two, well khat is a hallucinogen so you are on to something there :) When someone is schizophrenic and they smoke weed, of course more often than not it is not going to help with your symptoms. Another example, having Khat and being depressed makes you dependent on khat. It is distancing you from your family and friends even more. It's also hurting your pocket financially. So of course your depression is going to worsen. Your theory is spot on. I think other factors that lead to the issues with mental health are families leaving their homes, not having self worth, clan cleansing, and especially the pressure of being the ideal breadwinner.. many many things that have lead to this epidemic.

Thank you SO MUCH for the questions. I went over the allotted time :oh6b81q: Nonetheless, it was lovely chit-chatting with everyone. Shout out to Somali Spot for bringing so many Somalis together! Mac Salaam

Q

Queen Carawelo

How did you get into pageants? Are you close with other past contestants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending