I'm Hodan Nalayeh, host of Integration TV -- AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I liked when you guys went around to different diaspora communities, do you have any more of those planned?

I'd love to see more obscure exotic communities like the Somalis in Malaysia or the Mid East.

Hey hodan just wanna say I love your work and hope to see more success coming your way!

Why do you think theres a stigma around divorced somali women?

Ever thought about doing a cooking show?

Male or Female president in Somalia and Why?
Thank you brother! I used to think divorce was a stigma, but I realized being in a bad relationship is more of a stigma. Things happen in life and how we deal with them determines who we become. Divorce is very hard and should never to be taken lightly, however, children must always come first. Adults make mistakes and kids should not have to pay for them.

I love the cooking show idea...we are working on it!! Real entertainment!!

I would love a female president, but the society is not ready now. Perhaps, in the near future.

I liked when you guys went around to different diaspora communities, do you have any more of those planned?

I'd love to see more obscure exotic communities like the Somalis in Malaysia or the Mid East.
Yes, We hope to visit more cities and especially all the great Somai students in Malaysia! I am in St. Cloud now with great Somali students.

Ku soo dhawow SS Hodan.:nvjpqts:

Ina adeer Somalia hadaad hal wax ka badali kartid maxay noqon lahayd?
I would love change the hearts of our people...to stop focusing on tribalism and start rebuilding together. Every part of our great country
needs rebuilding in education, healthcare and most importantly, the mind!!

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
I was going to press you about some tough topics but I'll give you a pass this time! :lol:

With that being said, Kuso dhawow SomaliSpot we're welcomed to have you!

I was going to press you about some tough topics but I'll give you a pass this time! :lol:

With that being said, Kuso dhawow SomaliSpot we're welcomed to have you!
Lool, I am very sensitive!!! I really just want to focus on the future. Somalia is waiting for all her daughters and sons!!! We must stand up!

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Hello Hodan!
Glad to have you on Ss.

Im surprised you're so optimistic about the future of Somalia, I really don't think Somalia will ever be stable or stand on its feet, it's just L's after L's!

Regarding Integration TV, where do you see yourself taking the show? Will it still be free?
I want to continue building and work on creating great content in this digital age. I am excited that this work, insha'Allah, will out live me and be historical to watch for my children and their children.

Last edited:
Do you have a following in Somalia? Were many people (the locals especially) able to recognize who you and your program were ?
I am always amazed how many people know me when I travel back home! I really feel honored that the locals feel hope for their country
after they see our shows. I am grateful to Allah (SWT) for connecting me to my country and people. People back home accept me because they see my heart is pure and I love Somalia. I was scared of not knowing much Somali, but I am getting better now. The best language is the language of the heart!!

Hello Hodan!
Glad to have you on Ss.

Im surprised you're so optimistic about the future of Somalia, I really don't think Somalia will ever be stable or stand on its feet, it's just L's after L's!
To be honest with you, I did not think I could stand on my feet after going thru difficult times, but I realized once you have HOPE you are on the journey to better life. I am very optimistic about Somalia because I see how people live back home. There are a few bad apples, but majority of our people are great, sincere and just trying to survive. I see the light at the end of the tunnel

Have you faced any racism or sexism while in the industry?
YES, they both exist. The worst part of media or entertainment is always the sexism as a woman. Alhamidullah, I am older now and I could care less and will put people who are out of line in check! You have to own your identity or else you will be owned!!
ironically, I never really faced racism. I believe the only limitations in life are the ones you put on yourself. No one can decide my future except Allah (SWT).

ReeBorama

"I'd kill for a Noble Peace Prize"
Well hello there Hodan Nalayeh, Asc and good to see you taking the initiative to interact with your fellow Somalis, fan and foes alike!:lol:
I dont really have any specific personal questions but I would be more than grateful if you could give us a somewhat detailed and objective, critique feed back on your trip to cities like Lasanod, Burco, Hargeisa and most importantly my hometown Borama bilicsan. How do they differ, compare and contrast to the cities down South?

How is the documentary coming along, what challenges did you face, what was the hospitality of the local Boramawis, Burcawis and Hargeisawis like?
And what was your favourite thing about Borama?

I literally just singed up to take part in this rare opportunity, and qarxised my twitter account in the process :)
P.s Thanks for the follow on twitt:vncu2n5::cool:
Mods and Admin of Ss:nvjpqts:

Well hello there Hodan Nalayeh, Asc and good to see you taking the initiative to interact with your fellow Somalis, fan and foes alike!:lol:
I dont really have any specific personal questions but I would be more than grateful if you could give us a somewhat detailed and objective, critique feed back on your trip to cities like Lasanod, Burco, Hargeisa and most importantly my hometown Borama bilicsan. How do they differ, compare and contrast to the cities down South?

How is the documentary coming along, what challenges did you face, what was the hospitality of the local Boramawis, Burcawis and Hargeisawis like?
P.s thanks for the follow on twitt:vncu2n5::cool:

And what was your favourite thing about Borama?

I literally just singed up to take part in this rare opportunity, and qarxised my twitter account in the process :)

Mods and Admin of Ss:nvjpqts:

When I travel back home, I go tourist style...curious and on vacation. I love every city. The people are great. I really enjoyed LA, Berbera!
Hargeisa is a every large city, I really like Somali smaller towns and beaches. OMG, Borama is amazing and welcoming. Such intelligent, bright students and masha'Allah, they are into motivational development. All of our cities still need critical development in healthcare, education and construction of new buildings

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
What are your thoughts on Somali parenting skills? Where should the line be drawn between discipline/consequences and control?

You know according to Somali parents, a perfect child is the one that's silent, doesn't ask many Q's!
And this affects the mind of the child, you can understand why we don't have nation of creative, confident people! Don't you think this should be addressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts