I'm Hodan Nalayeh, host of Integration TV -- AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Welcome Hodan!

My question is what is your ultimate goal with your media career?

Thanks for the response.

My other question if not too personal.

What political party shares your views? Are you a supporter of Wynne and Trudeau?

Hodan I have never been to Somalia, will there be a culture clash when I go?
Has there been improvements in the security situation? And finally are women rights becoming better?
I never looked at going back home as a culture clash. I believe people connect no matter what if there is kindness. As long as diaspora are friendly and kind to locals, there is no problem. Many locals complain diaspora act stuck up. I was suprised when in Mogadishu that locals were shocked I was talking to them. They said diaspora never engage with them. But a lot has changed since my documentary. Diaspora are more friendly and they are working with locals more on solutions. In regards to security, 95 percent of our country is safe. Mogadishu has a scares, but I think you can explore other cities if you fear that. I love going to smaller towns now.

Thanks for the response.

My other question if not too personal.

What political party shares your views? Are you a supporter of Wynne and Trudeau?
I am not into politics. More of a humanitarian. I stand up for principles and what social causes I can impact, never focus on politics.
More can be done when you impact people through inspiration than politics

Hey Hodan, how'd you get into journalism?
I studied Journalism in university, but gave up the career when I could not make a decent living. I worked in corporate, but realized my love for media never died. I went back to school and started training all over again 3 years ago. I love it and would not trade it for anything

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Regarding Integration TV, where do you see yourself taking the show? Will it still be free?

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Hey hodan just wanna say I love your work and hope to see more success coming your way!

Why do you think theres a stigma around divorced somali women?

Ever thought about doing a cooking show?

Male or Female president in Somalia and Why?

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Ku soo dhawow SS Hodan.:nvjpqts:

Ina adeer Somalia hadaad hal wax ka badali kartid maxay noqon lahayd?

Can you tell us of the history of how Integration TV started?
Growing up I always wanted to learn about Somalia and never saw a TV that shared our country from the perspective of a diaspora returnee. So, Integration is bringing us back to our roots and loving who we are and where we come from. I wanted to create what I yearned for growing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending