I'm giving you eyes but you misread the signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
She's actually talented as is The Weeknd. :drakewtf:

Are we supposed to hate on Ethiopian artists, even if they're talented, just because they're Ethiopian?:drakewtf:
They both suck, it kind of reminds me how everyone is dickriding Korean pop. This is mental warfare they are waging and many s are succumbing to it.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
They both suck, it kind of reminds me how everyone is dickriding Korean pop. This is mental warfare they are waging and many s are succumbing to it.

You're ridiculous. Abel and Kelela don't give two shits about your primitive politics. They're talented and your hating ain't gonna change that. :wtfdis:

McD30

Bored to death

Bruh, this isn't Infowars and Prisonplanet.com

Somalis haven't broken into the music industry yet with the exception of K'naan who fell off. Most I see are not worth any radio play. They don't have the image, just the voice. Plus they always try to infuse their cultural heritage into their image which makes you think they want to get Somali approval first. To be successful, they should disregard their heritage until they become famous and give us a s/o. :ninja:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Bruh, this isn't Infowars and Prisonplanet.com
To be successful, they should disregard their heritage until they become famous and give us a s/o. :ninja:

True, French Montana did the same and look how he's putting Morocco on the map. The Weekend broccoli haired does the same. s are pea-brains and yes it's mental warfare the more you listen to Ethiopian artists , the more you will start to gradually become a Ethiopian wannabe, in this case ""Habesha wannabe". Just like with Korean-pop and with any other streams.

Media/Music is one of the best tools to control a population.

Somali artists used to have East Africa by the balls. Things are gradually changing. s are losing their minds.

Last edited:

McD30

Bored to death
True, French Montana did the same and look how he's putting Morocco on the map. The Weekend broccoli ahired does the same. s are pea-brains and yes it's mental warfare the more you listen to Ethiopian artists , the more you will start to gradually become a Ethiopian, in this case ""Habesha wannabe". Just like with Korean-pop and with any other streams.

Somali artists used to have East Africa by the balls. Things are gradually changing. s are losing their minds.

But say that a female Somali artist does break through and she needs to stay in the headlines because nowadays it's not just talent but sex. What would we call them? :ummhmsmiley: Even Janelle Monae who was initially defying those standards did a "yoga" video (alx for that). There's no winning.

Duchess

VIP
True, French Montana did the same and look how he's putting Morocco on the map. The Weekend broccoli ahired does the same. s are pea-brains and yes it's mental warfare the more you listen to Ethiopian artists , the more you will start to gradually become a Ethiopian, in this case ""Habesha wannabe". Just like with Korean-pop and with any other streams.

You act like Abel subliminally injects pro-Ethiopian propaganda in his songs. :what::what:

Duchess

VIP
But say that a female Somali artist does break through and she needs to stay in the headlines because nowadays it's not just talent but sex. What would we call them? :ummhmsmiley: Even Janelle Monae who was initially defying those standards did a "yoga" video (alx for that). There's no winning.

He would be the first to make a topic about how she's embarrassing us. :cryinglaughsmiley:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
And I'm like who the f*ck is this Abel bredrins. Just call him by his stage name The Weekend. Duchess is already succumbing to it.

And yes he does inject pro-Ethiopian garbage into his songs.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
I would still root for her bruh. I might call her a , but she has my support. I always thought Sweetrush would become big after they collaborated with Akon years ago, but they failed bigtime.

McD30

Bored to death
I would still root for her bruh. I might call her a , but she has my support. I always thought Sweetrush would become big after they collaborated with Akon years ago, but they failed bigtime.

:damn: Sxb you can't call her a and believe you are rooting for her. For Somalis to break through, they need to assimilate and adopt new Western culture but that doesn't necessarily mean they will forget their values and where they came from. There needs to be a bridge otherwise we'll be a people stuck in time or we'll fade away into obscurity.

Duchess

VIP
And I'm like who the f*ck is this Abel bredrins. Just call him by his stage name The Weekend. Duchess is already succumbing to it.

Yeah..no.

The definition of 'propaganda' according to Merriam-Webster dictionary:
ideas or statements that are often false or exaggerated and that are spread in order to help a cause, a political leader, a government, etc.

i.word.com/idictionary/propaganda

A few sentences in an unintelligible African language and a bit of Ethiopian history is propaganda now? :comeon:

Haile Selassie was an important figure in African history and he WAS overthrown by Derg. What part of it was false? You're just looking for a reason to hate at this point. :fantasia2:

Plus they always try to infuse their cultural heritage into their image which makes you think they want to get Somali approval first. To be successful, they should disregard their heritage until they become famous and give us a s/o. :ninja:

LOOOOL! :drakelaugh:

Let me guess they dont have that cadaan or AA in them:comeon:

MCD30 Reject your cultural heritage kulaha, do not shoutout somalis he said! :cryinglaughsmiley:

The funny part is that K'naan is the only one who infused cultural stuff everyone else did not and he got pretty far with it until his label forced him to ditch it and adopt pop crap.
Then he walked out on them telling them he wont sell out.

non Somalis loved him because of it.

Imagine Saying this to AAs,Jamaicans and other groups dont infuse cultural heritage you are Adhering to your own. You wont be sucssesful

Hypocrites!:draketf:

You can like whatever artist that you guys like and enjoy the entertainment.

But some of you are starting to sound like some self loathing fucks.

For Somalis to break through, they need to assimilate and adopt new Western culture but that doesn't necessarily mean they will forget their values and where they came from. There needs to be a bridge otherwise we'll be a people stuck in time or we'll fade away into obscurity.

:what:
The Weeknd Discusses His Ethiopian Heritage
http://www.okayafrica.com/news/the-weeknd-ethiopian-heritage/

is the singer’s Ethiopian heritage, which he credits for having a profound impact on his craft.

In a recent interview with Pitchfork, the musician discusses how his Ethiopian upbringing shaped him artistically. “My mother, my grandmother, my uncles would play Ethiopian artists like Aster Aweke and Mulatu Astatke all the time in the house.

:what1:

A few sentences in an unintelligible African language and a bit of Ethiopian history is propaganda now? :comeon:

Haile Selassie was an important figure in African history and he WAS overthrown by Derg. What part of it was false? You're just looking for a reason to hate at this point. :fantasia2:

He's proud of his Ethiopian heritage
http://www.details.com/blogs/daily-details/2012/11/5-things-you-should-know-about-the-weeknd.html

Tesfaye's parents were born in Ethiopia, and The Weeknd addresses this heritage in the wonderfully weird video for "The Knowing" (see below), a track off the first of the three self-released 2011 mixtapes that make up the lion's share of Trilogy. The video collage begins in Addis Ababa in the 1970s and then moves into a world that can only be described as an apocalyptic head-trip featuring humanoid giraffes.

His Ethiopian heritage has become more central to his music. On his recent single, "The Hills," he included a snippet of a woman singing a syrupy Amharic lullaby. "Ewedihalew, yene konjo, ewedihalew / yene fikir fikir fikir, yene fikir fikir fikir," she sings, which Pitchforktranslates to: ""I love you, my beauty, I love you / my love love love, my love love love."
http://mic.com/articles/122745/how-...d-something-no-other-r-b-artist-has-ever-done

I Aint hating but he does inject pro ethiopian crap in his songs and actively he is proud of his heritage and source it as is his influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts