I'm Annita aka Half and Half on YouTube -- AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

McD30

Bored to death
Annita

If you don't mind, I've noticed that some people who are mixed sometimes feel alienated in conservative communities due to lack of interracial relationships, has the Somali community been different?

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I saw a a glimpse of a few of your music videos. How'd you get dancers and music in the background of your videos, were those friends who helped you out or were you under some type of label at the time? Sorry, I'm not really familiar with music scene to know so much.

OfficialAMA

Verified
In the beginning, this was like 3-4 years ago, being a female rapper in general or getting into entertainment was extremely difficult. My family and friends always supported me including the community, but some of the community did not. At the same time it did not let it get to me because I knew what I wanted to do, and I was also attending University and working so I wasn't just relying on the music - it was a hobby and something I loved doing. I am so happy to see more Somali youth getting involved in the entertainment industry and all the community can do is accept it really...
Is it hard being a Somali female rapper and vlogger? What I mean by that is, do you feel community pressure to conform to the expected role and career path of a Somali female?

OfficialAMA

Verified
I saw a a glimpse of a few of your music videos. How'd you get dancers and music in the background of your videos, were those friends who helped you out or were you under some type of label at the time? Sorry, I'm not really familiar with music scene to know so much.

The video in UK I did while back? The director organized that and they were amazing, I was so happy with my experience and the business conducted in UK. I was under a label at one point in Atlanta.

OfficialAMA

Verified
Annita

If you don't mind, I've noticed that some people who are mixed sometimes feel alienated in conservative communities due to lack of interracial relationships, has the Somali community been different?

Unfortunately, your correct. Growing up mixed is beyond difficult. The reason I called my channel HALF AND HALF TV! The Somali community at the end of the day is increasing with the interracial relationships :) Example : My nephew is Somali, Italian and Philippine :D

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Well, I saw the ones that were linked under the promo threads. You were rapping about Toronto your hometown. What's your music usually about like what are some overlaying themes. Also, what genre? R&B, hip-hop and etc.

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Unfortunately, your correct. Growing up mixed is beyond difficult. The reason I called my channel HALF AND HALF TV! The Somali community at the end of the day is increasing with the interracial relationships :) Example : My nephew is Somali, Italian and Philippine :D
I have Somali relatives that are part Italian as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending