I'm a really lazy person

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
When I'm eating food at home, I really take my time and can't just focus on eating for 5 minutes. I procrastinate in my revision sessions a lot and just detest doing work(even though I enjoy my course a lot). Or when I'm praying unless its maghrib I leave it quite late because I can't be bothered to pray straight away. Was supposed to get a job this summer before I start my second year at university but I haven't even been bothered.

I really hate how lazy I am and it's starting to irritate me a lot. How do I discipline myself so I can cut this shit out and be a productive person?

TooMacaan

VIP
Seems like a lack of motivation or direction to me. Maybe you're depressed, or spiritually depleted?

Anyways, baby steps sxb; 1) envision what you ideally want for yourself, 2) put a mantra into your head of how that'd be beneficial for you in the long term, and 3) turn it into a checklist of mini goals that you can easily meet. +As other posters have already mentioned: forcing yourself to exercise, as well as surrounding yourself with ambitious people = vital.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Three things:

1. You'll need more energy.

Eat more and hit the gym. Regularly working out will force your body to use the food you eat more efficiently.

After a few months you'll have all the energy you'll need as long as you've been eating properly.

2. Trick your brain into enjoying hard work.

This is where gym comes in handy. A decent workout creates endorphins which make you feel great.

If you cut out other things that provide similar levels of satisfaction (junk food, TV, games etc) then your brain will start to associate hard word with this feel good feeling.

Just try it for a week and you start to notice it.

3. Turn the long-term goal into short term rewards and punishments.

Our brains only cares about the present and short term ... not some punishment that's months away.

The reason Asian kids do well at school isn't because they've adapted to think long-term.

It's because they're terrified of the helicopter parent waiting for them at home every day.

However since you can't use the same negative reinforcement then create your own short term positive reinforcement that would replace long term goals into short term tasks.

For example you could reward yourself with a workout after you hit a daily goal.

That might seem counter intuitive initially but after a couple weeks you won't be able to go without a daily endorphin hit.

It will also help with my first two points and it could end up as a positive cycle not unlike a negative cycle of laziness- no exercise - shittu food - constant fatigue - laziness.

Don't focus on long term goals... You'll fail horribly.

Focus only on what you'll achieve in the next couple of hours.

Reborn
I know this may sound stupid but have you ever tried NOFAP?
It can be the catalyst to turn around your life and to start controlling it.
The reason as to why NOFAP can do this for you is that whilst abstaining from , masturbation, and orgasm you start to develop a key life skill called discipline.
You can use this newly found discipline into other aspects of your life such as work, gym and studies.
If have any question feel free to message/quote me saaxiib :manny:

World

VIP
I know this may sound stupid but have you ever tried NOFAP?
It can be the catalyst to turn around your life and to start controlling it.
The reason as to why NOFAP can do this for you is that whilst abstaining from , masturbation, and orgasm you start to develop a key life skill called discipline.
You can use this newly found discipline into other aspects of your life such as work, gym and studies.
If have any question feel free to message/quote me saaxiib :manny:
I'm already 2 weeks strong sxb. :siilaanyosmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending