Illustrative DNA results

I Logged in to my account then my mom’s account. I scrolled through the last several matches but they’re all highly admixed with Somali.So I’m not sure if they can be considered real oromos.
This person comes up on my mom’s list and mines mind you my paternal grandmother was the one from the hawd. Not sure why she’s getting Ethiopian matches
IMG_1591.jpeg

Yes I have a chunk of mota, I challenge any rer Jubaland to get lower Mota percentage than me ☺
At least there’s an explanation for you scoring high mota since you’re from jubaland, I’m reer waaqoyi from sool and I can’t plain explain my heightened mota ancestry

never believed any ethnic somali clan to be Arab just trolling. And I used the same source and also another one. Both times I just get 0 moto
I do believe there is many J1 within Somalia
Either a whole sub qabil or hiding within the sub qabil . Inshallah more Somalis are tested

Ethiopian hunter gatherer
What’s different between Ethiopian and normal hunter gatherer ?
How comes Somalia don’t have it compare to Ethiopian

NidarNidar

Punisher
Either a whole sub qabil or hiding within the sub qabil . Inshallah more Somalis are tested

Probably depends on our migration route into the horn, and our lack of proximity to Ari people, Gaarad will probably have a better answer to that question, I'm just going on assumptions.

Ethiopians live closer to these omotic people (like the aari who are the closest modern population to moto) than us. hence why Somalis in southern k5/nfd have it in higher amounts than the rest of Somalis. it is very small in lamagoodles though <6%

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
never believed any ethnic somali clan to be Arab just trolling. And I used the same source and also another one. Both times I just get 0 moto

Ethiopian hunter gatherer
I don't have Mota, either, and my family is from K5. I don't think that theory rings true.​

Trending