If your parents say NO

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Say you tell your parents you are talking to a guy and you want to marry him, they then get to see him face to face and immediately they disagree because he comes from a bad family background e.g his parents are alcoholics, so is his siblings, no one has a degree, but the guy you are with is not like them. What would you do?

Listen to your parents or disagree and marry him without their permission.

Say you tell your parents you are talking to a guy and you want to marry him, they then get to see him face to face and immediately they disagree because he comes from a bad family background e.g his parents are alcoholics, so is his siblings, no one has a degree, but the guy you are with is not like them. What would you do?

Imagine choosing some random person you barely know over your own parents :childplease: These kind of "love marriages" typically end in divorce :reallymaury:
Obey your parents :ufdup:

If your parents dislike it and he comes from a problematic family like that, it'd be better to move on.
You never know what he really is like, especially with a background like that and that itself has a chance to put your marriage in jeopardy later. This is his family we're talking about and whether you like it or not, you're gonna be seeing them in the future if you do marry him (just something to keep in mind).

A marriage without the permission of your wali is not valid anyways.

Last edited:

If you do it without permission then the marriage is not valid.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
If my girls parents disapprove with me getting together with her, I'll break up with her. This is not a Romeo & Juliet movie fam

I'd never side against my family even if they are in the wrong. You can replace the man but you can't replace your parents. If they are in the wrong and won't listen to reason then know that Allah swt will judge them for this on judgement day. Don't fall into sin because your family have

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
If my girls parents disapprove with me getting together with her, I'll break up with her. This is not a Romeo & Juliet movie fam

Exactly. A no is a no. Heartbreaking, but you just move on. The option to elope is not on the table. I'm definitely not filming no documentary either.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
I'd never side against my family even if they are in the wrong. You can replace the man but you can't replace your parents. If they are in the wrong and won't listen to reason then know that Allah swt will judge them for this on judgement day. Don't fall into sin because your family have
Exactly.
No man is worth sacrificing your parents for.

Exactly. A no is a no. Heartbreaking, but you just move on. The option to elope is not on the table. I'm definitely not filming no documentary either.
Lool you already know

Are you referring to Ali Dawah lol. He was rejected by the families of his previous fiancées. One Eritrean the other Somali but he only rants about the Somali one. Even though he's married to another woman and has a baby.
:dead:

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
I urge you to listen to your parents, they know what's best for you.
Also, his family are alcoholic, you should carefully reconsider, think about your future kids, will they be influenced by their parental family? In addition, with their drinking issues, they're more likely to have mental illness and other problems. I think you should run away.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Are you referring to Ali Dawah lol. He was rejected by the families of his previous fiancées. One Eritrean the other Somali but he only rants about the Somali one. Even though he's married to another woman and has a baby.
:dead:

Yes, that whole ordeal was very strange. Down the bit where he hired a Somali guy to re-enact the scene in the trailer. LMAO. I haven't watched the actual thing he put out though

Yes, that whole ordeal was very strange. Down the bit where he hired a Somali guy to re-enact the scene in the trailer. LMAO. I haven't watched the actual thing he put out though

He hasn't released the actual documentary yet. But imagine if the family approved he'd be so much more cringy. I can imagine him trying to do dawah in broken Af Somali.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
First of all from an Islamic POV you can’t marry a guy without the permission from you father or Male Guardian whether that be a adult brother,Grandfather,Uncle etc.

If you do then your marriage is ba’dil (void). Your parents are wiser than you are and want what’s best for you.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I'm just going to agree with countless comments that has preceded me in this thread, "OBEY YOUR PARENTS". When your parents are angry with you then Allah will be angry with you too.