If you could nominate one Somali land as a UNESCO world heritage site, which would you choose?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Why did I just found out nowhere Somalis inhabit have the title of World heritage site. :comeon:

I know Somali's political climate has made it hard to grant one but even Djibouti, Ethiopian and Kenyan Somali land haven't received one.

Is this because there is nothing of value to give world heritage status in Somali land?

Anyway someone tag all the history and cultural buffs so they can list any area that they should deem worth to deserve this honourable status.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
There's a whole civil war still going on what makes you think they're gonna go look at some ancient sites? Also I'm pretty sure Eritrea and Ethiopia do have UNESCO heritage sites

Honestly you're best off reading books or wikis on this

There's a whole civil war still going on what makes you think they're gonna go look at some ancient sites? Also I'm pretty sure Eritrea and Ethiopia do have UNESCO heritage sites

That's what I am looking it to. Turns out Somalia does have potential sites but they need to join the committee in order to earn the title.

I just wanted the opinion of a wider Somali populace because I'm not really well versed in Somali history/culture.

And at the end of the day this is all for fun really and to get know stuff.

Masjid al-Qiblatayn in the Somaliland region of Somalia

the masjid is believed to have been constructed while Muslims still prayed towards Jerusalem as the qibla

this means the masjid was constructed during the lifetime of the Prophet (ο·Ί) and before even the Makkans accepted Islam

qiblatain_masjid_zeila_823.jpg

- The mountains of Sanaag
- The frankincense and Myrrh trade routes of Sanaag
- The many Tumulis and ancient graves of Sanaag
-The rock art of sanaag( there is more than 5 sites like las geel , prolly older)

You are right. Ethiopia has 9 UNESCO world heritage sites:

We need more knowledge of ourselves in general. Someone has to write down what some of the odeyyal are saying! More archaeologist to examine our pyramids and ancient burials grounds. Let's start by teaching our kids af-somali.

Trending

Latest posts