If you could change 1 thing about Somali culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid

My qabiil has more camels than yours
What would it be? For me it would be ceeb this and ceeb that, Somalis think everything is ceeb anything that deviates from what they consider normal, we shame people too much it's corrosive to our culture.

Kid

This was suppose to be a free the hoes thread but you ruined my sspot cred. Thanks:mjsuitcry:

Oscar

Het beste uitzicht
Culture is just something that's done in a certain way, you can make your own culture today and 100 years from now it will be considered culture to someone else.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I would say looking down on divorced girls and calling them used

and thinking its ceeb holding your wives hand in public

afrosomali

closer to god we africans
and thinking its ceeb holding your wives hand in public
2667527-6369123666-38866.gif

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
What would it be? For me it would be ceeb this and ceeb that, Somalis think everything is ceeb anything that deviates from what they consider normal, we shame people too much it's corrosive to our culture.

You're asking Somalis to be liberal and forward thinking. Good luck with that. That's why conservatism sucks. People want to justify doing terrible shit from 1921 in the name of tradition and culture. Back in the day cultural conservatives were against the suffrage movement because it went against the culture and traditions of the time.

It's the same fucking diabolical arguments you hear from Somalis. Cultures evolve and its about fucking time ours did as well.

Their LGBTQQIAAP-phobia.

Also their Arab bootyclapping.

Actually I would change maybe half of our culture. This would be easy. Set conditions for development aid. You're not getting the $10M if you don't legalize gay marriage.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Of all the shit you could change nigga wants to hold hanse
:mjlol:
Well thats what came top of my head theres prolly alot more ta talk about like guys who see housework and changing diapers as women work and women who should be more supportive of their husband

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Well thats what came top of my head theres prolly alot more ta talk about like guys who see housework and changing diapers as women work and women who should be more supportive of their husband

No offense but were you a housewife in another life

:lebronwait:

Kid

You're asking Somalis to be liberal and forward thinking. Good luck with that. That's why conservatism sucks. People want to justify doing terrible shit from 1921 in the name of tradition and culture. Back in the day cultural conservatives were against the suffrage movement because it went against the culture and traditions of the time.

It's the same fucking diabolical arguments you hear from Somalis. Cultures evolve and its about fucking time ours did as well.
There is a growing movement of liberal, secular Somalis which was unthinkable even a few years ago to have discussions on boards abut topics like religion,sexuality and societal problems.. I am optimistic since there are more of us than I anticipated.

There is a growing movement of liberal, secular Somalis which was unthinkable even a few years ago to have discussions on boards abut topics like religion,sexuality and societal problems.. I am optimistic since there are more of us than I anticipated.

Most Somalis are secular liberals but they hide it in case the Somalis they are around are not secular liberals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending