If someone spoke out about Somali children wearing hijab back home what would happen to them?

Princefan

80s fan
It's sad that back home, little prepubescent girls are in hijab. In the Qur'an, it says that females must wear hijab when they start puberty. Before the civil war, little girls didn't wear hijab.

It's not a big deal, i'd be more worried about the children being fed over there and their safety rather than what they wear on their head.

You would be considered a gaal and they would distance themselves away from you.

The nation is full of the uneducated (mostly) and you can’t blame them. The various corrupt governments is what made this possible.

Of course all the men are in here saying it’s not a big deal

anyways my mom went she was kinda shocked and sad that 1 year old kids are put in hijabs .
And if they were to take it off at any given time they would be punished.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Little girls and infants shouldn't be wearing hijab in my opinion

But let the parents raise their kids

Princefan

80s fan
Also,if a little girl gets raped and murdered by grown men back home and she doesn't wear hijab, some people will say that it's the child's fault that she got raped. Wahabbism really did a number on Somalis.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Also,if a little girl gets raped and murdered by grown men back home and she doesn't wear hijab, some people will say that it's the child's fault that she got raped. Wahabbism really did a number on Somalis.
Thats bullshit theres not a single somali that blames little girls for getting raped

they shouldn't be wearing the hijab at such a young age. when i was younger my hooyo gave me the option to wear it or not.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
It doesn't matter walal. I'm more worried if they'll have to worry about where their next meal comes from or if they have a roof above their head. many cultures in africa and asia wear headscarves. I don't see a problem unless its full on niqaab.

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
I don’t think they should be wearing it at such a young age, but we’ve got way more important things to worry about than this.

Last edited:

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
Also I’ve seen plenty of little girls from ages 5-10 not wearing a hijab in somalia btw. A lot of you are going off from what you’ve probably seen online. All depends on the family in my opinion.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Out of all the things fundamentally wrong with Somalia a hijab on a young girl is your concern? Seriously some of there diasporas are projecting their first world problems.

You sound like when White People complain that they didn’t get enough whipped cream in their $6 Frappuccino at Starbucks :comeon:

This is complete nonsense. I started wearing it very young and I'm the one that asked to wear it. Young girls should begin to wear it from a young age so they can get used to it as adults. The Quran requires us women to cover our hair and no young girl should be shamed for being observant.

Trending