IF SOMALIS WORLDWIDE WERE ASKED IF THEY IDENTIFY AS ARAB, WHAT % DO YOU THINK WOULD SAY YES?

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
I BELIEVE ONLY A SMALL MINORITY OF SOMALIS TRULY IDENTIFY AS ARAB :it0tdo8: WHILE MOST PROUD SOMALIS DO NOT, IVE NEVER MET ONE SOMALI THAT IDENTIFIES AS ARAB

Last edited:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Beautiful... this made me tear up, why put it in spoiler tho...?
I'm used to writing a lot
Sometimes I may write long paragraphs longer than this one and can be very long

So I have to section bit by bit just put things in details

Hope you understand walaal

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
I'm used to writing a lot
Sometimes I may write long paragraphs longer than this one and can be very long

So I have to section bit by bit just put things in details

Hope you understand walaal
Bless your awoowe, he embraces his roots unlike many somalis we see.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Bless your awoowe, he embraces his roots unlike many somali we see.
The older generation are more patriotic when it comes to lineages you won't see an old geeljire in his 90's claiming to be something else

Its the generation younger , due to globalisation and being exposed to them , there weren't planes before the WW1 , ofcourse due to our close proximity to the Middle East and the historic trade between merchants from either side , it's principles of mutual interests were based on religion , pilgrimage and trading but since the exposure of early and modern technology it had a bigger impact and changed the dynamics permanently

The days of boarding a wooden ship across aden that took approximately weeks depending on the movement of the wind (Arabs in the early 1900's were like their ancestors 1400 years ago) caravans took months to reach the coastal parts of Somalia let alone the interior , our people and land were remote but had changed during the colonisation and fast forward to the 60's were Egypt and Gulf States funded the SYL
It was the beginning chapter of Arabism

I hate to say this word Al Futuh As Soomaal even though it's nonexistent but it can used to describe the dawn Arabisation

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Darood will claim 87%

Isaaq will claim 35% with 12% claiming Yuhud

Hawiya will claim 0%

Maximus

Lord Maximus
Darood will claim 87%

Isaaq will claim 35% with 12% claiming Yuhud

Hawiya will claim 0%

upload_2020-2-21_17-55-17.jpeg

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Contrary to what you'll find on this forum it'd probably be around 20% or lower though that depends on how many Somalis there are in the Middle East.

Most definitely don't identify as Arab

Trending

Latest posts