If Islam is a bad religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argumentum ad populum

an argumentum ad populum is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition must be true because many or most people believe it, often concisely encapsulated as: "If many believe so, it is so." This type of argument is known by several names, including appeal to the masses etc.

Argumentum ad populum

an argumentum ad populum is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition must be true because many or most people believe it, often concisely encapsulated as: "If many believe so, it is so." This type of argument is known by several names, including appeal to the masses etc.

It's fallacious, but at the same time it's true. Not all the time, but most of the time.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
It's fallacious, but at the same time it's true. Not all the time, but most of the time.

It simply isn't. If the litmus test for you is seeing how many others believe in it and not assessing the actual belief then woe to you.

It is like me saying if Islam is a peaceful religion then why do so many in the West believe it to be violent? No Muslim would accept this as a legitimate argument then why accept @Reiko it's absurd.

It simply isn't. If the litmus test for you is seeing how many others believe in it and not assessing the actual belief then woe to you.

It is like me saying if Islam is a peaceful religion then why do so many in the West believe it to be violent? No Muslim would accept this as a legitimate argument then why accept @Reiko it's absurd.

You can't deny that most westerners have taken a serious look at Islam before, to see if it's really true. They are very curious about it, and some convert, others don't.

I doubt many westerners have taken indigenous Hawaiian religion seriously or really thought if the god of kane is impacting them. Why is this...?

:denzelnigga:

It's because of the numbers sxb.

The shear numbers of Islam make it so that others more easily buy into it. The same goes for Christianity.

That's what I mean when I say that something becomes true when many people believe it.

Logical fallacies only work if you disconnect yourself from the reality on the ground. Most people don't operate on pure logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts