If I had $1million I could easily restore this ancient city. Merka.

Hire students to lay cobblestones around the the streets and alleys of Marka city.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 11.49.35 PM.png

EUQ7G_HXgAE-9Ck.jpg

Get them to plaster all the buildings and walls before painting all the buildings white. They can even give the buildings their old textures.

Types-of-plastering.jpg

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
the material and the delicate nature of these old buildings is far more costly then a simple million. As u would need people who know how these buildings where made what materials where used during construction. Also historians and locals who understand the significance of the various buildings and could give a accurate picture of how things used to look like and how to best restore this city to its former glory. In order to make this happen u would need some very good infrastructure means access to guud roads various mods of transportation Food electricity peach between the local clans so in conclusion, u would need 100s of millions and possibly billions in order to restore Merka to its former glory.

Last edited:
the material and the delicate nature of these old buildings is far more costly then a simple million. As u would need people who know how these buildings where made what materials where used during construction. Also historians and locals who understand the significance of the various buildings and could give a accurate picture of how things used to look like and how to best restore this city to its former glory. In order to make this happen u would need some very good infrastructure means access to guud roads various mods of transportation Food electricity peach between the local clans so in conclusion, u would need 100s of millions and possibly billions in order to restore Merka to its former glory.
People live in these buildings this is not some ancient city you go to, to take pictures what I described above would actually bring money for the locals while their homes look good. This is more like upgrading it slightly and making the areas around it look better. The city will still have its ancient beauty without any modifications such as adding a balconies and stuff. Besides this wouldn't even cost the figures you mentioned. I could find the original limestones and paints they used for the buildings and use them again.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
1 Million dollars might be an enormous sum for the normal folk but it ain't much to fulfill such ambition.

Chun Li

under construction πŸ˜ˆπŸ’–
Merka, Barawe and even Mogadishu should have retained that old East Africa/Zanzibar aesthetic. We'd get so much tourist revenue.

I agree with a little bit of modernised buildings for Muqdisho. The rest of the cities should have most of their buildings demolished & we shall start from the beginning

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I agree with a little bit of modernised buildings for Muqdisho. The rest of the cities should have most of their buildings demolished & we shall start from the beginning
The coast of Mogadishu should still have some ancient buildings to showcase our history since if tourists come to Somalia that’s probably where they’ll go

Trending