If Ancient Egyptians looked like Modern Egyptians, why did they paint themselves marin/dark

8.jpg

@Apollo Not a debate, but I'm curious for a convincing answer as to why Ancient Egyptians painted themselves several shades darker than their Levantine neighbours.

EicoGCpXsAEaGQI.jpg

2e22goyurihz.jpg

@Nilotic

I follow a lot of anthropology and genetic journals and I respect the work they do. Its clear to me however that this topic for reasons obvious to all has been very politicized and therefore rushed. These anthropologist didn't have the correct data to determine what the Ancient Egyptians looked like, but they rushed their conclusion. They didn't have sufficient data to support their conclusion. The conspiracy theorist in me says that they were pushed by Egyptian officials. Anyone disagree?

Many modern day Egyptians especially in rural areas look like that today, with reddish skin

istockphoto-510589198-1024x1024.jpg

The real Egyptians

@Nilotic

I follow a lot of anthropology and genetic journals and I respect the work they do. Its clear to me however that this topic for reasons obvious to all has been very politicized and therefore rushed. These anthropologist didn't have the correct data to determine what the Ancient Egyptians looked like, but they rushed their conclusion. They didn't have sufficient data to support their conclusion. The conspiracy theorist in me says that they were pushed by Egyptian officials. Anyone disagree?

I really have very little insight into genetics; I am honestly quite ignorant on this issue and can't offer an informed response.

My impulse is to distrust the data, however, I am not equipped to properly assess it; I will say that Old Kingdom samples from Upper Egypt are needed to settle this; it also seems that we need greater resolution in the genetic analysis of these samples.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
They were probably much more tanned back then due to being outside more and less indoor than the modern day Egyptians

Trending

Latest posts