Ideas from fellow somalis how we can better integrate ourselfs in our host countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!

I would like to make a thread on how we as somalis can help each other to better integrate into our host countries.
How come we are so hard to integrate, why are we one of the hardest immigrants to integrate?

Do you have any ideas how we can better integrate?

Do you think this has a lot to do with cultur?

How come we are doing better in the US? But not so good in Europe?

Ideas on what our host countries can do to better integrate us into their society?

Puffin Stuff

Cheating death in berbera
Hey!

I would like to make a thread on how we as somalis can help each other to better integrate into our host countries.
How come we are so hard to integrate, why are we one of the hardest immigrants to integrate?

Ideas on what our host countries can do to better integrate us into their society?
The united states has always been multi-ethnic apart from the rampant crime it's perfect for people who want to do what they want and get paid loads American dream and all

Most 2. Generation Somalis have fully integrated anyways... and that's all that matters :kanyeshrug:Watch us 10 years from now, we'll be doing great

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Most 2. Generation Somalis have fully integrated anyways... and that's all that matters :kanyeshrug:Watch us 10 years from now, we'll be doing great
^ this.

Everyone is pretty westernized.

I haven’t seen any Somali dude around my age who wasn’t able to speak English and etc here in the states that wasn’t a fob.

The older generation though are different. I know some ladies that still don’t know English. And they have been here for like 10+ years

I'm glad I don't live in the shithole called america, racism, crime, over 40mil people in poverty on top of the sickening amount of propaganda in all forms of media against muslims.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Hey!

@AussieHustler wof advocate they we turn qoomu- luudh

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Wtf do u mean integrate better. :gucciwhat:
Most of us are raised and born abroad how do we integrate in nations we've lived in our whole lives

Wtf do u mean integrate better. :gucciwhat:
Most of us are raised and born abroad how do we integrate in nations we've lived in our whole lives

Blade

He’s got a point. Many who were born here never interacted with other citizens other than Somalis and other Muslims. From primary school to high school, they attended Islamic schools run by Pakistani or middle eastern persons. The shisha places owned by non Somalis is packed with Somalis as if it’s an Islamic ritual. They will meet the rest of society when they finish high school with an attitude of them “kuffars” and us, Muslims. The only jobs available to them is working in supermarkets and most don’t last long as they are sacked because of behavioural or attitude reasons. How and who will employ such people with such attitudes?

Keo

VIP
Somalis are hated even if we do well. It won't make a difference. You should just not give a shit about what others think.

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
Blade

He’s got a point. Many who were born here never interacted with other citizens other than Somalis and other Muslims. From primary school to high school, they attended Islamic schools run by Pakistani or middle eastern persons. The shisha places owned by non Somalis is packed with Somalis as if it’s an Islamic ritual. They will meet the rest of society when they finish high school with an attitude of them “kuffars” and us, Muslims. The only jobs available to them is working in supermarkets and most don’t last long as they are sacked because of behavioural or attitude reasons. How and who will employ such people with such attitudes?
You're stereotyping. u give me so much ciil :i83dwbv::fredo:

Keo

VIP
Blade

In some countries, you are even less likely to be hired due to your immigrant background. You might get a job in the supermarket but nothing more. Some even have a harder time getting jobs at the supermarkets. Sometimes having a lot of immigrants in an area is positive.

You're stereotyping. u give me so much ciil :i83dwbv::fredo:

White

I’ve been asked and read Hadiths why I shouldn’t befriend non-Muslims a zillion times. Ask an 18 year old Somali who went to an Islamic school how many non Somali or non Muslims he knows personally? Jobs require to have contacts with a range of different people and understanding the culture of the people you would work with. Many don’t want to associate with “kufars” and they shouldn’t be complaining about discrimination in the job market.

White

White

I’ve been asked and read Hadiths why I shouldn’t befriend non-Muslims a zillion times. Ask an 18 year old Somali who went to an Islamic school how many non Somali or non Muslims he knows personally? Jobs require to have contacts with a range of different people and understanding the culture of the people you would work with. Many don’t want to associate with “kufars” and they shouldn’t be complaining about discrimination in the job market.
No one even goes to islamic schools. I don't know what kind of somalis you meet in real life, but even the ones from the hood are not like that.

Somalis are good students, even while lazy. I am lazy but I still get C for my worst grade. They will get good jobs and take care of their elderly as taught by dhaqan.

In the US everyone minds their own business but, to succeed you need to invest on yourself by finishing uni and getting a good career.
Is higher education free in Europe if not maybe that is may be the cause of the stagnation of integration for the Somalis there.
In the US we have financial aid for 6 years and if you finish that money you can do workstudy to pay for classes, books and more.

No one even goes to islamic schools. I don't know what kind of somalis you meet in real life, but even the ones from the hood are not like that.

Somalis are good students, even while lazy. I am lazy but I still get C for my worst grade. They will get good jobs and take care of their elderly as taught by dhaqan.

White
What’s Somali dhaqan other than eating baasto iyo bariis and bombarded with, waxaa tahay, Ina libaax san ka taabtey? I thought the topic was on integration.

Islamic schools popped up everywhere in my city and though (at some of them), the majority of students are Somalis, they are owned by other entities. There were few Islamic Turkish (Gullan movement) owned schools and their standard of academic results are higher than those late comers. These Turkish schools could’ve expanded as their motto is to focus on stem subjects but the salafis accused them of teaching secularism and opened their own schools. You will see kids traveling an hour to an Islamic school each way and it’s academic results lower than the free government schools nearby. Most of these kids come from the projects and they would’ve been better off in a government school and their family saved the 3 or 4 grand they pay for fees. School is where a child forms life-long friendships with the wider communities. We cut off that umbilical connection to the wider community.

White

White
What’s Somali dhaqan other than eating baasto iyo bariis and bombarded with, waxaa tahay, Ina libaax san ka taabtey? I thought the topic was on integration.

Islamic schools popped up everywhere in my city and though (at some of them), the majority of students are Somalis, they are owned by other entities. There were few Islamic Turkish (Gullan movement) owned schools and their standard of academic results are higher than those late comers. These Turkish schools could’ve expanded as their motto is to focus on stem subjects but the salafis accused them of teaching secularism and opened their own schools. You will see kids traveling an hour to an Islamic school each way and it’s academic results lower than the free government schools nearby. Most of these kids come from the projects and they would’ve been better off in a government school and their family saved the 3 or 4 grand they pay for fees. School is where a child forms life-long friendships with the wider communities. We cut off that umbilical connection to the wider community.
Where are you from? Schools are free for me.
I say my experiences and how I see the somalis are like where I'm from, somalis are not integrated, but they still aren't at the bottom of the barrel, they are going upwards. Barely anyone bothers with islamic schools cause they see how shitty they are, and the only people enrolling in those schools are the kids kicked out of other schools.

In the US everyone minds their own business but, to succeed you need to invest on yourself by finishing uni and getting a good career.
Is higher education free in Europe if not maybe that is may be the cause of the stagnation of integration for the Somalis there.
In the US we have financial aid for 6 years and if you finish that money you can do workstudy to pay for classes, books and more.

Fang

Here in Australia is kind of similar but also differs a bit.

We have here what is called HECS, it’s a loan you accrue for the duration of your degree and it only covers for the classes you take, some classes and degrees are more expensive than others. On top of that, the welfare office may grant you a student assistance scheme, which works like your financial aid, intended to help you with the costs of school materials. But it’s also a loan. At the end of the degree, if you are capable of paying both loans in totality, you will get at a discount rate. Otherwise, the government will deduct from your tax return, when you start working and reach a threshold on your wages.

Where are you from? Schools are free for me.
I say my experiences and how I see the somalis are like where I'm from, somalis are not integrated, but they still aren't at the bottom of the barrel, they are going upwards. Barely anyone bothers with islamic schools cause they see how shitty they are, and the only people enrolling in those schools are the kids kicked out of other schools.

White

Two different worlds yours and ours here. Totally two different mindsets. Here waa lagu faanaa, caruurteeyda dugsi muslim ah baay dhigtaan oo lagu xasuusiyo quraanka iyo sunnada, illaaheey igu ma ciqaabayo sida dadka kale caruurtooda dhigta dugsiyada cilmaaniga, as she was given the keys to “heaven”.

White

White

Two different worlds yours and ours here. Totally two different mindsets. Here waa lagu faanaa, caruurteeyda dugsi muslim ah baay dhigtaan oo lagu xasuusiyo quraanka iyo sunnada, illaaheey igu ma ciqaabayo sida dadka kale caruurtooda dhigta dugsiyada cilmaaniga, as she was given the keys to “heaven”.
Cringy way of thinking, but ultimately they do what they think is the best way for their children to succeed. Government needs to shut down schools like that, hadi kala they will produce qasaaro that will simply degrade somalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts