Iceland’s No. 1 Dating Rule: Make Sure You’re Not Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Íslendingabók, or the Book of Icelanders, is an online database that contains the full genealogy of 720,000 Icelanders, living and deceased. Assembled by combining old Icelandic genealogy books and church records, it launched online in January 2003 and gives Icelanders an outlet for their craving for genealogy, an ardent hobby for many in the country of 330,000.

Now, as social media and apps expand the dating pool, many people are turning to the website to ensure they aren’t swimming in the same gene pool.

On Íslendingabók, Mr. Theodórsson discovered he and the woman from Tinder had the same great-grandfather.

“We decided to not speak of this again and try to avoid each other at the next clan meeting,” Mr. Theodórsson said.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/icelands-no-1-dating-rule-make-sure-youre-not-cousins-1477241937

Nigga slept with his second cousin :mjlol::mjlol::drakelaugh:

I see this becoming a problem for the Somali youth in the West in a generation or two if they don't all marry Rebeccas and Rogers:bell:

Worry more about region than clan. Sometimes you can be closely related to a neighboring clan without knowing.

That's even worse! No where is safe :mjlol:

My granddad and grandmum are from the same clan :mjlol:

My hooyo and abo are from the same clan AND subclan :jcoleno:

VixR

Veritas
The downside of living on an island. Island populations have less gene variation from the lack of mobility when compared to mainland populations due to geographical isolation. They've essentially been screwing their close relatives for years.

Some ppls don't need an island to do that though :mjlol:

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

This is why I'm kinda wary about marrying someone from my own clan
Worry more about region than clan. Sometimes you can be closely related to a neighboring clan without knowing.

This is true in my case. Usually people from my clan don't marry each other. We tend to marry from the neighbouring clans, but never marry the Oromo right next door. That's why there's a bigger chance of a fellow Jigjigawi from another clan being my cousin than someone from my clan. My dad went as far as marrying a Dhulbhante from Erigavo.

The downside of living on an island. Island populations have less gene variation from the lack of mobility when compared to mainland populations due to geographical isolation. They've essentially been screwing their close relatives for years.

Some ppls don't need an island to do that though :mjlol:

:bell: I really hope you're talking about the Arabs

What is the acceptable limit? Is it OK to date your third cousin?

:yloezpe: Imo third cousin is not okay! Something like 10th is probably fine

Icelands population is like 300k though loool. I wouldn't be surprise the cousin sleeping is more common then usual.

Cousin f*cking is linked with disabled kids and what not. The Icelanders however, produced giants like The Mountain :faysalwtf:

tumblr_n5t1dcbxfg1r9h4heo2_1280-e1400485046865.jpg

The one thing I dont like about the gaalo is how they are not close to family.

My parents have a neighbour where he hasnt seen his first cousins in 25-30 years. They all live in the same small city. How does that work?

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP

My parents have a neighbour where he hasnt seen his first cousins in 25-30 years. They all live in the same small city. How does that work?

Surprised you didn't troll.
This is you in every thread: "Stop bootyclapping for Arabs. Keeping in contact with family members is clearly an Arab thing:camby:"

Surprised you didn't troll.
This is you in every thread: "Stop bootyclapping for Arabs. Keeping in contact with family members is clearly an Arab thing:camby:"

I'm a serious poster.

Iceland is only 300,000 and everyone lives in the caputal. They should know about everyone in their country.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP

Are you close with your extended family?

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
I'm a serious poster.

Iceland is only 300,000 and everyone lives in the caputal. They should know about everyone in their country.

Only when you're not talking shit about Somalis.

But I agree with you, things like sleeping with your second cousin should not happen but they're cadaan at the end of the day. They put their parents in care homes :manny:

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
There is nothing wrong my grandpa on my dad side and grandma are 4 generations removed from being from the same family:manny:
My mom side is mix of everything thoe:manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending