Ibn Rusta and his observations

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Ahmad ibn Rustah Isfahani, better known as Ibn Rusta was a 10th-century Persian explorer and geographer born in Rosta district, Isfahan, Persia.

He wrote a geographical compendium known as Book of Precious Records, based on first hand accounts and his own travels.

His information on the non-Islamic peoples of Europe and Inner Asia makes him a useful source for these obscure regions and for the prehistory of the Turks and other steppe peoples.

On the Slavs:

On the Magyars(todays Hungarians):

Interesting, he is referring to the Magyars as to "Turks".

Apollo

VIP
Russians could have almost been Muslim if it weren't for the prohibition of alcohol in Islam. An ancient Russian Czar disliked this rule and then went for Orthodox Christianity. @Molotoff is this true or a myth?

Russians could have almost been Muslim if it weren't for the prohibition of alcohol in Islam. An ancient Russian Czar disliked this rule and then went for Orthodox Christianity. @Molotoff is this true or a myth?

its true, he said to the jew you ban pork, the muslims even ban pork and alcohol, so he picked the chritian one,

he also said to the jews i cannot pick yuor deen becasue you lost Jerusalem which shows God is not on your side, and said i love drinking , its the joy of the Rus and i will not circumcise,

everyone of his people who go to hell, he will be leading them to jahanum, the leaders who mislead their nations will lead the,, like how fircown will lead his nation too and all those who have claimed they are god on earth like Caesar and all the other roman kings who claimed to be a living god,

its true, he said to the jew you ban pork, the muslims even ban pork and alcohol, so he picked the chritian one,

he also said to the jews i cannot pick yuor deen becasue you lost Jerusalem which shows God is not on your side, and said i love drinking , its the joy of the Rus and i will not circumcise,

everyone of his people who go to hell, he will be leading them to jahanum, the leaders who mislead their nations will lead the,, like how fircown will lead his nation too and all those who have claimed they are god on earth like Caesar and all the other roman kings who claimed to be a living god,
Any sources on this? This sounds like a myth made up from some fruity villager lol. Russia was Orthodox due to Byzantine influence for centuries. Also, the Tsar royal family was always Orthodox, there'd be riots and conflict if they changed religion.

Any sources on this? This sounds like a myth made up from some fruity villager lol. Russia was Orthodox due to Byzantine influence for centuries. Also, the Tsar royal family was always Orthodox, there'd be riots and conflict if they changed religion.

well the tsar were not native russians until 1600s and hence Ivan was not russian but a Rurik in origin, when he killed his son out of anger, the Romanovs his in laws who were russians rose to power , but before that they were ruled by vikings, the russians could not get along so they called a vikin king and said comer and rule over us, the 11 tribes keep fighting, so the slaves got a king, he sent his brother, and would end up ruling for almost 700 years the Rurik, so hisotry shows the stories, maybe it was made up, but readless the vikings were chrtiainised and adopted,

the crusaders didnt just go to islamic nations, you also have the Teutonic knights who spread chrtianuty to the east, polish, russuains, Lithuanians, ukrain etc, they were germans where as the ones who invaded us 13 times were french/english, norman, they lost against us but won in the east

so yes Christianity was already spreaidng but they won,

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP

I have heard it before, but I think it is a myth/legend.

Trending