I will not be surprised if all our families knew each other back from the old days in Mogadishu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that most members of this forum are Darod Youth who's family is living in the West since the early 90's. A typical dominating demographic in the Western Somali Diaspora for many years. A large group of middle class people with mostly government service jobs who was clan cleansed from Mogadishu in early 1991. Almost the entire Hawiyie Diaspora community came after year 2000. The UK with its Isaaq people is probably the only island in sea of Darod communities in Europe. Anyways most Darod lived in the same areas of Mogadishu, socialized in the same circles, were work colleagues, had the same school friends, so I will not be surprised if all of us have family who know each other.

I have noticed that most members of this forum are Darod Youth who's family is living in the West since the early 90's. A typical dominating demographic in the Western Somali Diaspora for many years. A large group of middle class people with mostly government service jobs who was clan cleansed from Mogadishu in early 1991. Almost the entire Hawiyie Diaspora community came after year 2000. The UK with its Isaaq people is probably the only island in sea of Darod communities in Europe. Anyways most Darod lived in the same areas of Mogadishu, socialized in the same circles, were work colleagues, had the same school friends, so I will not be surprised if all of us have family who know each other.
Most of my siblings were born there. We owned a house there.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Yes, at one point we were all living side by side in total harmony. Insha'allah we will return to that period :)

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
You are actually right, but It happened after year 2000 quite ironic don't you think ? imagine being cleansed from Benadir only to be followed into the Diaspora by the same people who did the cleansing.

Dunno where you got the year 2000, just because your ppl were fleeing without shoes and on boats like your ancestors, there's no need to be bitter :hemad:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
As soon as this oil money hits and our cities start looking like Dubai 2.0, I am leaving the AmericaLGBBQT and never looking back insha Allah

dubai-skyline-at-dusk-jpg_header-144981.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending