I was shocked to find out some West Africans I know can't speak their tribal language

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only speak the English language.

They tell me it's common to only speak English.

I am not talking about the ones born in the West but the ones who came here and still have thick accents and their conservative ways.

Are they really just speaking pure English? I'm thinking they may also have a mix of the native language(s) + English, a Creole or Pidgin.

Bini lol most recent kids can't soeak or understand.

I think most West Africans in the West come from the smaller tribes. I Googled the tribes of the people I knew and they were all 1 million to 3 million tops. I found out their tribes by typing their first names lol. Imagine Somalis could find out your clan by your name.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I think most West Africans in the West come from the smaller tribes. I Googled the tribes of the people I knew and they were all 1 million to 3 million tops. I found out their tribes by typing their first names lol. Imagine Somalis could find out your clan by your name.
abdiaziz leelkase
dead.png

Nah most in the West are big ones like Yoruba or igbo or Ashanti ect. Few minorities except for countries known for prostitution.

Apollo

VIP
Somali is one of the biggest languages in Africa with 17 million speakers.

In Africa, typically indigenous languages have no more than 5 million speakers, except a handful of them (Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, Zulu, Oromo, Amhara etc).

Learning those smaller languages is more difficult than learning the larger ones as there is less content available online.

However, many Bantu languages are extremely similar to each other (unintelligible, but the difference is like that between the different Scandinavian languages).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending